looks like the tables are set dont you agree Carthage and Gilmer

powerlifter

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Both teams have to get past the semis.

Though Carthage dominated the first game back in Sept., I think the Buckeyes will have a better showing. That's assuming both teams get to the finals of coarse.

I’ve believed it was going to be Carthage and Gilmer in the championship game since the final week of the regular season when Gilmer beat PG. I really hope both teams handle business next week and make it happen, as it’s apparent to me they are easily the two best teams in 4A Div 2.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, jubilant said:

Seems like we won a low scoring contest like 17-14 or something like that. That may have been further back. Im getting old

Think that was the one that was in gilmer,  ya'll lost your starting QB and that was the year Bogie and Crew were all sophomores.

3 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Think that was the one that was in gilmer,  ya'll lost your starting QB and that was the year Bogie and Crew were all sophomores.

That was a while ago. The Turner kid has graduated from Rice and is now coaching.  Traylors son took over from there. Man the years run together.  Thats been a minute.  

Y’all getting all mixed up.

2008 Carthage won a playoff game at SFA. 2010 Carthage won a district game. 2011 Gilmer won a district game (where the QB got hurt). 2014 Gilmer put a beat down on Carthage at Lobo in a non-district game. 2015 was a defensive battle at Lobo again in a non-district game, Gilmer won 18-15. 2016, 17’, 18’, 19’ and 20’ Carthage won non-district games playing home and home series. Carthage leads the recent series 7-3.

Correct me if I am wrong cause that’s all off the tip of my head. 

Both teams get it done this week, and we can have a lot of fun going back and forth the next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

2008 Carthage won a playoff game at SFA. 2010 Carthage won a district game. 2011 Gilmer won a district game (where the QB got hurt). 2014 Gilmer put a beat down on Carthage at Lobo in a non-district game. 2015 was a defensive battle at Lobo again in a non-district game, Gilmer won 18-15. 2016, 17’, 18’, 19’ and 20’ Carthage won non-district games playing home and home series. Carthage leads the recent series 7-3.

Both teams get it done this week, and we can have a lot of fun going back and forth the next week.

Thanks for the update!😜👌

4 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Correct. 2011 was when Bogie & Co were sophomores,  lost district game to gilmer in gilmer by 3 and we ended up losing to Argyle by 1 point in the playoffs.