Tyler High

cujoforlife

The hell with it....Holmes is perfect. Its everybody elses fault that TH won 5 games the past two years. And covid...although everyone had to deal with covid.

Like I tell LP folks about Quick, y'all like em....I love em. 👍

Good luck to TISD this offseason. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 514 said:

From 2012 to 2018 your Coach went to 2 semi finals and twice went 3 or 4 rounds deep in two other years and you want to remove him for a bad year in 2019 and a screwed up COVID-20 year. I tell you this profession is just getting harder and harder to be in. 

COVID messed with everybody it’s no excuse y’all real jock riders of coaches that can’t coach. But be happy with your 2-3 wins a season LOL. 

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

The hell with it....Holmes is perfect. Its everybody elses fault that TH won 3 games this year. And covid...although everyone had to deal with covid.

Like I tell LP folks about Quick, y'all like em....I love em. 👍

Good luck to TISD this offseason. 

Lmaoooo. I can’t stand these jock riders of Holmes the man can’t coach man. But if they like 2-3 wins for future so be it LOL. 

4 hours ago, 514 said:

From 2012 to 2018 your Coach went to 2 semi finals and twice went 3 or 4 rounds deep in two other years and you want to remove him for a bad year in 2019 and a screwed up COVID-20 year. I tell you this profession is just getting harder and harder to be in. 

its more than just the losing seasons.  However, I understand your point. IF TISD went another direction, I be ok with that. At the same time, I think Coach has earned the right to turn things around. 

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

its more than just the losing seasons.  However, I understand your point. IF TISD went another direction, I be ok with that. At the same time, I think Coach has earned the right to turn things around. 

On a different subject, will Legacy or TH have the better 9th team next year?

Me personally, I’d love to see him remain as the head coach. He deserves every opportunity to see if he can get things turned around. Now, it’s a whole different ballgame if he’s actually the problem. The problem falls on TISDs failings to do a proper search to fill the position in the first place. He just wasn’t ready to be the head coach at JT. I believe the expectation was for him to grow into the job and I believe he has. He should probably just be landing the JT coaching job this year. He’s done some awesome things for the program but anyone looking at the actual games can see he hasn’t gotten any better as an X’s and O’s coach. At this point you kinda have to question does he even have that in him. At least two of those playoff runs result in state titles with just a lil bit better coaching. Those teams were loaded. What’s the last team JT has beaten when they weren’t favored? I honestly think he probably needs to fill out his staff with older, more experienced coaches. I definitely don’t believe he should be developing coaches yet. These recent JT teams have looked unprepared and don’t even appear to have game plans. Even some of the winning teams in years past looked that way.

And If it’s truly ego...sometimes you just have to look yourself in the mirror and swallow your pride. Especially, with a seemingly shrinking talent pool. Coaches need players just as players need coaches.  He knew he needed a QB this season. Oh and he has to quit letting people gaslight him for god’s sake. Be accountable, remain silent and let the successes speak for themselves. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LionHated said:

Me personally, I’d love to see him remain as the head coach. He deserves every opportunity to see if he can get things turned around. Now, it’s a whole different ballgame if he’s actually the problem. The problem falls on TISDs failings to do a proper search to fill the position in the first place. He just wasn’t ready to be the head coach at JT. I believe the expectation was for him to grow into the job and I believe he has. He should probably just be landing the JT coaching job this year. He’s done some awesome things for the program but anyone looking at the actual games can see he hasn’t gotten any better as an X’s and O’s coach. At this point you kinda have to question does he even have that in him. At least two of those playoff runs result in state titles with just a lil bit better coaching. Those teams were loaded. What’s the last team JT has beaten when they weren’t favored? I honestly think he probably needs to fill out his staff with older, more experienced coaches. I definitely don’t believe he should be developing coaches yet. These recent JT teams have looked unprepared and don’t even appear to have game plans. Even some of the winning teams in years past looked that way.

And If it’s truly ego...sometimes you just have to look yourself in the mirror and swallow your pride. Especially, with a seemingly shrinking talent pool. Coaches need players just as players need coaches.  He knew he needed a QB this season. Oh and he has to quit letting people gaslight him for god’s sake. Be accountable, remain silent and let the successes speak for themselves. 

I wish he would hire experienced coaches and not his friends or ex JT players. 90 percent of the time they have zero experience and it hurts the team. Tyler is not a school for development coaches it’s a school for experienced and winning coaches. 

11 hours ago, ANTI said:

On a different subject, will Legacy or TH have the better 9th team next year?

hmmm.  Boulter had best team and best players.  But Moore was bad.

Hubbard was ok, and Three Lakes wasn't good either, but Legacy will have much better numbers

The qb and rb for Boulter are really good. If they end up at Tyler High, they will probably be on varsity as soph.

So your question depens on if there will be a Freshman team or not too.  Don't be shocked if there isn't one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JTFAN99 said:

hmmm.  Boulter had best team and best players.  But Moore was bad.

Hubbard was ok, and Three Lakes wasn't good either, but Legacy will have much better numb

The qb and rb for Boulter are really good. If they end up at Tyler High, they will probably be on varsity as soph.

So your question depens on if there will be a Freshman team or not too.  Don't be shocked if there isn't one. 

Yeah mybad, I should've said "9th class".

3 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I wish he would hire experienced coaches and not his friends or ex JT players. 90 percent of the time they have zero experience and it hurts the team. Tyler is not a school for development coaches it’s a school for experienced and winning coaches. 

I think you have hit the nail on the head. The quality of assistant coaches at Tyler High is not good enough to win games with coaching. 

I respect the heck out of Coach Holmes, and loyalty is a great attribute for a leader to have. However, I think he has too many "YES" men surrounding him. Too many of their coaches have been given a position group without proving they deserve it based on a track record. Not enough fundamentals are being taught to take advantage of the athletes they have.

20 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Y’all riding this man jock, like he won 5+ state chips and ranked #1 in the state every year lmao. That’s ridiculous 

20 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Lmaoooo. I can’t stand these jock riders of Holmes the man can’t coach man. But if they like 2-3 wins for future so be it LOL. 

His record shows he wins more than 2 or 3 games a year. I am only going by what records were put in front of me. What I hate is knee jerk reactions over 2 bad  years after 5 or 6 good years. 

2 hours ago, 514 said:

His record shows he wins more than 2 or 3 games a year. I am only going by what records were put in front of me. What I hate is knee jerk reactions over 2 bad  years after 5 or 6 good years. 

5-6 don’t mean nothing WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW, NOTHING. 

42 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Hard to believe Holmes would leave on his own. He got a big pay raise when Legacy hired Willis this year.  IMO he'll be there riding it out unless he is fired . 

Nobody in there right mind would leave if they are getting that type of 💰

The reason JT doesn't have a freshman team is because most of the jv players quit. So coach had to move all the freshman players up. Coach didn't run the kids off. They ran themselves off. They don't want to be held accountable for their actions. Everybody wants to blame the coach because their kids are out of control. Gang banging, smoking weed, and cussing authorities out is not going to get you nowhere. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VonG said:

The reason JT doesn't have a freshman team is because most of the jv players quit. So coach had to move all the freshman players up. Coach didn't run the kids off. They ran themselves off. They don't want to be held accountable for their actions. Everybody want to blame the coach because their kids are out of control. Gang banging, smoking weed, and cussing authorities out is not going to get you nowhere. 

Save Holmes don’t complain for the next 2-3 years of only winning 2-3 games a season for the next 2-3 years. Every school has to deal with out of control kids doesn’t stop Longview from winning so that doesn’t make sense lmao. 😂😂 If it was any other coaches losing like this we would be ready to fire them at any second. But somehow Holmes sholuld excluded every year from it lmao. Wylie east coach let go after 3 bad seasons why can’t Holmes? Lots get let go for the same bad performance why can’t Holmes LOL. If it was an nfl or college coach or him coaching at a high level school doing what Holmes does I promise you he would’ve had his walking papers right after that Longview game. SMH I guess you enjoy losing. But anyways @ANTI y’all are blessed to have a great program and probably the best big program all time in east Texas, a lot of it has to do with number one exceptional and EXPERIENCED coaching, ACCOUNTABILITY by the coaches and wanting to WIN. 

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Hard to believe Holmes would leave on his own. He got a big pay raise when Legacy hired Willis this year.  IMO he'll be there riding it out unless he is fired . 

If you scam a school district out money every year and get away with it wouldn’t you stay too? LOL 

So you are ok with letting out of control kids stay in your program as long as your winning. That's a problem right there. You don't win at all costs. 

When are you getting your certification to teach so you can become a coach? 

6 minutes ago, VonG said:

So you are ok with letting out of control kids stay in your program as long as your winning. That's a problem right there. You don't win at all costs. 

When are you getting your certification to teach so you can become a coach? 

Look the issue is not letting kids getting out of control the issue was that you said the reason they can’t win is because of out of control kids. Which isn’t true every school has out of control kids that’s not an excuse to only winning 2-3 a year. During JT prime years they had out of control kids but they still won games lol. Trying to compare apples and oranges. And if Holmes leaves I’ll go sign up right now to get certified LOL. I wouldn’t work there while Holmes is there I wouldn’t learn nothing besides scapegoating everyone else besides myself, and that I can do nothing wrong and that if I lose it can’t be because of me because how dare that it’s me being incompetent and can’t do my job. LOL 😂😂

1 minute ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Look the issue is not letting kids getting out of control the issue was that you said the reason they can’t win is because of out of control kids. Which isn’t true every school has out of control kids that’s not an excuse to only winning 2-3 a year. During JT prime years they had out of control kids but they still won games lol. Trying to compare apples and oranges. And if Holmes leaves I’ll go sign up right now to get certified LOL. I wouldn’t work there while Holmes is there I wouldn’t learn nothing besides scapegoating everyone else besides myself, and that I can do nothing wrong and that if I lose it can’t be because of me because how dare that it’s me being incompetent and can’t do my job. LOL 😂😂

What are you talking about? It's kid's in the program who didn't want to obey the rules. They ended up quitting. I'm not talking about kids who are not in the program being out of control. Common sense. Every school has out of control kids. I'm talking about kids in the program who are disruptive.