Longview Lobos vs Lufkin Panthers  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2020 at 01:30 AM

29 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

The team that got whipped by that South Tyler school and magnolia west was awful. 

Hard to make anything out of this game when Lufkin is a 19 point underdog. No matter how you spin it or want it to mean something relative to past battles.  Enough negatives have been said this year and last year to sink a ship, the bottom line is I can't do anything about those perceived rights and wrongs of the program.  Except I've been in the stands watching these kids all year through all the ups and downs, so I'm not going to stop now, I'm still pulling for them because the players have had to battle through a lot this year.   I hope they play their best game of the year.

4 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Yea....I don’t like picking a rival over my team, but i just don’t feel confident at all picking Lufkin or even picking a close football game. I just hope for the best. 

At least North Shore and the Steelers are playing well this season, because LSU and Lufkin are giving me heartburn..

Lol them Bayou Bengals looking rough. The Longhorns haven't been much better. Lufkin is building for the future. Hopefully the coaching staff gets it figured out. I'd be shocked if Lufkin beats Longview Friday night. 

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

The team that got whipped by that South Tyler school and magnolia west was awful. 

I watched most of the Legacy/West/Magnolia games.

But how did y'all look at College Station? I know the final score, but that can be misleading sometimes.

7 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

But Texas High walking into Abe Martin last season and knocking off Lufkin should be all we need as a reminder of what can happen if we don't show up to play.

Everyone of my posts about this game can be tied to this...as crazy as 2020 has been, I don't want this to happen.  They have to come out on fire and leave no doubt early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

https://www.news-journal.com/etvarsity/et-football-lobos-prepare-for-another-showdown-with-lufkin/article_fae00502-38ac-11eb-845d-635e74cda070.html

“Twenty-five times in 18 years, that’s a long history, some good and some bad,” King said. “I say it every time and it’s still so true, these are two programs, two towns that mirror each other. Tough East Texas kids, proud communities and two programs that have had winning traditions for a long time.

5 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I watched most of the Legacy/West/Magnolia games.

But how did y'all look at College Station? I know the final score, but that can be misleading sometimes.

Offense struggled imo, defense was on field too long. I’m expecting something similar in this one. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Offense struggled imo, defense was on field too long. I’m expecting something similar in this one. 

I'll have Nasty tuned up Friday night.  I'll need you to be my eyes again lol. I'll be at my son game as they take on Waxahachie.  The kid has had a decent sophmore season for Temple a little over 600 total yards with 8 TDs. I was telling PA 2020 has been weird maybe something strange happens at Lobo Friday night. Ill have Chad bring the magic 8 ball. 

• Like 1
  • Grumpy 1

21 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I trust that LP will get up for rivalry playoff game. If LP can get Longview in 3rd and 5+...it will be long stressful night for team in green. 

• Like 2

On 12/8/2020 at 2:58 PM, Gametyme said:

Lol them Bayou Bengals looking rough. The Longhorns haven't been much better. Lufkin is building for the future. Hopefully the coaching staff gets it figured out. I'd be shocked if Lufkin beats Longview Friday night. 

I won't be shocked if Lufkin beats us Friday night. There's too much history between the two schools and we are damn near like brothers in relation to our football programs. We know each other's little intricacies almost to a "t" but, we're far enough apart to develop things behind closed doors that can separate us in any given span of years.

This is the perfect storm for us as a program to be looking past ANYONE (ESPECIALLY, LUFKIN) and get our @$$es straight handed to us like we did against Dallas Jesuit last year. At some point, the majority of us will eventually learn what the term, Humble means.

IF, we as Lobo fans, alumni, players and coaches alike have learned anything, it better be to take NO TEAM for granted, respect your opponent and don't add anymore fuel to the fire by giving the enemy unnecessary bulletin board material. Please, understand that social media, the tabloids and the general public have given Lufkin all the motivation they need to spark an upset. 

#IWantToGoHomeButOnlyAfterSixWeeksIn

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LoboFan80 said:

I just wish the passing game would have gotten fixed before the playoffs. That's our only weakness

Brother, I agree with you 1000%. Not, to be looking ahead of Lufkin but, I went to MaxPreps just to see what all the hype was about Lancaster only to find out that there is NO hype. This team has a bonafide AR-15 style offense and they DO NOT play.

We could POTENTIALLY be up doo-doo creek without a paddle. I mean, all BS aside. This offense could put us so far behind the 8-Ball SO quick that it ain't even funny. And, I am talking about down 5 touchdowns by halftime. I fear what this Lancaster team is capable of more than I do Highland Park to be completely honest.

1 hour ago, Quick said:

This is the perfect storm for us as a program to be looking past ANYONE (ESPECIALLY, LUFKIN) and get our @$$es straight handed to us like we did against Dallas Jesuit last year. At some point, the majority of us will eventually learn what the term, Humble means.

lol. No one is looking past Lufkin one bit. The only people talking about next week are Tyler fans.

Is Longview a better team this season? Definitely. Was Lufkin a better team in 2014? Definitely...and we saw what happened there.

King is not looking past Lufkin. This team is not looking past Lufkin. Ridiculous to even suggest that.

1 hour ago, Quick said:

Brother, I agree with you 1000%. Not, to be looking ahead of Lufkin but, I went to MaxPreps just to see what all the hype was about Lancaster only to find out that there is NO hype. This team has a bonafide AR-15 style offense and they DO NOT play.

Of course they don't play. They literally don't. Their starters are out every week after the first quarter because of the absolute dreadful district they're in. Last week would be a weekly thing for us if we were in their district too.

Now, yes, Lancaster is a fantastic squad. They're #3 in the state for a reason. But they haven't played a single team all season that is worth a thing. This week will be just as ugly, playing a team that got in based off a coin flip chance.

But as you said in the previous post, worry about Lufkin first. Our road was always going to be ridiculously tough after we lost to Highland Park. Embrace the challenge and enjoy the season we have.

Beat Lp.

• LOL! 1

On 12/8/2020 at 10:13 AM, Pack007 said:

Yea....I don’t like picking a rival over my team, but i just don’t feel confident at all picking Lufkin or even picking a close football game. I just hope for the best. 

At least North Shore and the Steelers are playing well this season, because LSU and Lufkin are giving me heartburn..

Do you reside in the North Shore school zone now?

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Of course they don't play. They literally don't. Their starters are out every week after the first quarter because of the absolute dreadful district they're in. Last week would be a weekly thing for us if we were in their district too.

Now, yes, Lancaster is a fantastic squad. They're #3 in the state for a reason. But they haven't played a single team all season that is worth a thing. This week will be just as ugly, playing a team that got in based off a coin flip chance.

But as you said in the previous post, worry about Lufkin first. Our road was always going to be ridiculously tough after we lost to Highland Park. Embrace the challenge and enjoy the season we have.

Beat Lp.

Well, you make some very, valid points. We'll talk more hopefully after the Lufkin game.

Longview is still 2 scores better than Lufkin even if they show up and play an ugly game. I think the magnitude of this rivalry and the familiarities of the programs will give Lufkin a chance to keep it close early. I’m telling ya though, I do not like Lufkin’s chances at all. I love the pack, and I drink a lot of purple kool aid but this is just common sense. I respect the Lobo program too much to even pretend like this should be a battle for them. I stand by my prediction. 

Lobos 49 

Pack 21