Longview Lobos vs Lufkin Panthers  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2020 at 01:30 AM

Very dominating win by Longview...it was evident that Lufkin O-line was among the worst we have seen...I thought Lufkin was very talented at WR and actually missed 1-2 TDs easily...we have to to shore that up a little bit...anytime we beat Lufkin, I am happy but to win like that was a great feeling...

I wish the Lufkin and Tyler Admins had some courage and would change coaches....both schools have too much talent for stuff like this to continue to happen.

I was pretty shocked at the drops by the receivers for Lufkin. It looks like it’s been a season long thing. But just think back to that safety. It’s 27-5. They get the ball back. Had a guy wide open, then it’s dropped. Would’ve been a huge gain, if not a touchdown. 27-12 or 13 looks completely different.

We get the ball back and end up making it 34-5 and it’s ball game from there.

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I was pretty shocked at the drops by the receivers for Lufkin. It looks like it’s been a season long thing. But just think back to that safety. It’s 27-5. They get the ball back. Had a guy wide open, then it’s dropped. Would’ve been a huge gain, if not a touchdown. 27-12 or 13 looks completely different.

We get the ball back and end up making it 34-5 and it’s ball game from there.

Well, I wasnt shocked by #3 AJ Montgomery dropping em. 

I'd attended a few LP games this year and he had problems with dropped passes all year. Speed guy who couldnt really catch....but hey...what do you expect when you switch a DB to WR?

Im shocked that Lufkin didnt utilize Diaz more not only in that game, but practically his entire career at LP. The one player that I thought had the hands to match his speed.

On 12/11/2020 at 10:08 PM, Quick said:

Man, I absolutely can't take this nonsense anymore from our "commentators". Brent Taylor JUST came in whispering loudly, ON AIR to Johnny Vaughn about 2-3 minutes ago, "Wake up! Wake up!" Smgdh....... And, you can clearly hear Johnny Vaughn snoring at the microphone.

I knew it all along that, that what was going on these past 3 years or so. I have really enjoyed them in their earlier years when they were somewhat coherent and paid attention to every, play but THIS is redundant to say the least and our fanbase and alumni deserve better than this especially going into the playoffs.

And, @LOL Brother thank you for your hard work with the streaming services. You have NO idea how much you're appreciated given the alternative on the radio.

Just glad to be part of a pretty amazing Lobo Nation team, and that includes you, @ANTI, and the goat himself: @LoboFan07.

• Thanks 3

On 12/10/2020 at 1:23 PM, Pack007 said:

Naw...several of my cousins played for them since 02. And I really became a fan after they came to Lufkin in the 08 season and invited me (a few of their fans on 6A forum) to a few games in the Houston area. We’re not 6A D1 or a rival, so i don’t see a problem with pulling for them. 

Oh, I asked because I was looking for a home off of Wallisville Road but, BOY! Let me tell you something. I have never seen such an affluent neighborhood with so many of us African-Americans as residents.  I know that may sound a bit shallow to some people but, I just haven't seen it with maybe the exception of a few subdivisions in DeSoto, Texas and Cedar Hill, Texas.

I mean, if you are going to purchase a home in the North Shore I.S.D., you have to have ALL of your S.ugar H.oney I.ce T.ea TOGETHER! So, after seeing some of those prices in that area, I made my way back up Beltway 8 to Humble, Texas where I am a lot more familiar and comfortable with price range.