Nacogdoches Vs. Huntsville

nacdragon07

Welp Nacogdoches reruns to the playoffs for only the 5th time since 92.(06,13,14,18) 
Our Reward is a Bi-District Matchup against the Hornets from Huntsville. Who we faced in 2018 and knocked us out. The last time we beat Huntsville was at dragon stadium during the 2005 season Opener. 
We have a defense that can keep us in the game. We just need our offense to play well and give us a chance when the 4th qtr comes around. We are looking for our first playoff win since 92.

Any thoughts ?

39 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Welp Nacogdoches reruns to the playoffs for only the 5th time since 92.(06,13,14,18) 
Our Reward is a Bi-District Matchup against the Hornets from Huntsville. Who we faced in 2018 and knocked us out. The last time we beat Huntsville was at dragon stadium during the 2005 season Opener. 
We have a defense that can keep us in the game. We just need our offense to play well and give us a chance when the 4th qtr comes around. We are looking for our first playoff win since 92.

Any thoughts ?

Pulling for Nac. 

But Huntsville is another level from anything in our district. 

Hornet offense should roll.... and Nac’s offense won’t keep pace. 

Hope I’m wrong....  but I fear everyone in our district loses this week but THS  

but Huntsville and Fort Bend Marshall have been the class of region III for 4-5 years.  That’s still true imho. 

Anything can happen but just can’t see Nac scoring much against the Hornet defense. The most points scored against Huntsville this year was 17 and they played several teams that were averaging 40.  Montgomery had the most success moving the ball and they only were able to put up 15.  The Hornet offense doesn’t have to do much except limit mistakes and not turn the ball over.  

23 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

We have played Huntsville 15 times since 1956. Nac leads the series 9-6, last meeting was a Huntsville win 57-7 in 2018 Bi District.  Nac won B2B years in 2004 & 2005, 28-21 and 49-13. 

Man those Huntsville teams were terrible in 04 and 05. The stigma should be long gone Southern just as he’s done everywhere he’s been has done a awesome job with this program. They are well coached and don’t make too many mistakes. It’s going to take some of that and more for Nac to have a shot.

5 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Man those Huntsville teams were terrible in 04 and 05. The stigma should be long gone Southern just as he’s done everywhere he’s been has done a awesome job with this program. They are well coached and don’t make too many mistakes. It’s going to take some of that and more for Nac to have a shot.

We will have to play a better game than we did against Texas High, just to be in this game. 

Just now, Mavchamp said:

I'll Probably be at the PT/AMC game Friday night.

But I'll be keeping up with this one.

Good luck to the Dragons. 

Hope ya'll get the upset!

I wish I was going to be able to go, but there are two home basketball games that night. 

7 hours ago, EazyMoney said:

I don’t know about that.  I would say the offense is not as good but the defense is better.  

Defensively they have the two brothers on the dline. 99 and 55 get after it. Huntsville deserves all the respect. to say they are scary on defense though...I’d have to disagree 

Huntsville is very good, I am not sure they are better than Texas High. We will not be able to overcome mistakes in this game. Nac must play a perfect game and get some turnovers to be competitive. Turnovers and penalties and we will get blown out.  

My top teams for III are:

FB Marshall

Huntsville 

Texas High 

A&M Consolidated

If I was going to predict.... I’d say FB is the favorite for the region.  But wouldn’t be shocked to see Huntsville win it. 

• Like 1