Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Nacogdoches Vs. Huntsville


Recommended Posts

Welp Nacogdoches reruns to the playoffs for only the 5th time since 92.(06,13,14,18) 
Our Reward is a Bi-District Matchup against the Hornets from Huntsville. Who we faced in 2018 and knocked us out. The last time we beat Huntsville was at dragon stadium during the 2005 season Opener. 
We have a defense that can keep us in the game. We just need our offense to play well and give us a chance when the 4th qtr comes around. We are looking for our first playoff win since 92.

 Any thoughts ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The front 4 for the Hornets including the brothers who are the DTs are plain nasty! They disrupt everything for opposing offenses 

correct.  Just like it’s you’re opinion they aren’t as good.  Kinda the purpose of a forum. 

My top teams for III are: FB Marshall Huntsville  Texas High  A&M Consolidated If I was going to predict.... I’d say FB is the favorite for the region.  But wouldn’t be sh

39 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Welp Nacogdoches reruns to the playoffs for only the 5th time since 92.(06,13,14,18) 
Our Reward is a Bi-District Matchup against the Hornets from Huntsville. Who we faced in 2018 and knocked us out. The last time we beat Huntsville was at dragon stadium during the 2005 season Opener. 
We have a defense that can keep us in the game. We just need our offense to play well and give us a chance when the 4th qtr comes around. We are looking for our first playoff win since 92.

 Any thoughts ?

Pulling for Nac. 

But Huntsville is another level from anything in our district. 

Hornet offense should roll.... and Nac’s offense won’t keep pace. 

Hope I’m wrong....  but I fear everyone in our district loses this week but THS  

but Huntsville and Fort Bend Marshall have been the class of region III for 4-5 years.  That’s still true imho. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything can happen but just can’t see Nac scoring much against the Hornet defense. The most points scored against Huntsville this year was 17 and they played several teams that were averaging 40.  Montgomery had the most success moving the ball and they only were able to put up 15.  The Hornet offense doesn’t have to do much except limit mistakes and not turn the ball over.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have played Huntsville 15 times since 1956. Nac leads the series 9-6, last meeting was a Huntsville win 57-7 in 2018 Bi District.  Nac won B2B years in 2004 & 2005, 28-21 and 49-13. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

We have played Huntsville 15 times since 1956. Nac leads the series 9-6, last meeting was a Huntsville win 57-7 in 2018 Bi District.  Nac won B2B years in 2004 & 2005, 28-21 and 49-13. 

 

 

 

 

Man those Huntsville teams were terrible in 04 and 05. The stigma should be long gone Southern just as he’s done everywhere he’s been has done a awesome job with this program. They are well coached and don’t make too many mistakes. It’s going to take some of that and more for Nac to have a shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Man those Huntsville teams were terrible in 04 and 05. The stigma should be long gone Southern just as he’s done everywhere he’s been has done a awesome job with this program. They are well coached and don’t make too many mistakes. It’s going to take some of that and more for Nac to have a shot.

We will have to play a better game than we did against Texas High, just to be in this game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll Probably be at the PT/AMC game Friday night.

But I'll be keeping up with this one.

Good luck to the Dragons. 

Hope ya'll get the upset!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mavchamp said:

I'll Probably be at the PT/AMC game Friday night.

But I'll be keeping up with this one.

Good luck to the Dragons. 

Hope ya'll get the upset!

I wish I was going to be able to go, but there are two home basketball games that night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EazyMoney said:

I don’t know about that.  I would say the offense is not as good but the defense is better.  

Defensively they have the two brothers on the dline. 99 and 55 get after it. Huntsville deserves all the respect. to say they are scary on defense though...I’d have to disagree 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Huntsville is good. Very good. 

2nd best team in Region III IMHO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RonLigma said:

in your opinion 

correct. 
Just like it’s you’re opinion they aren’t as good. 
Kinda the purpose of a forum. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Huntsville is very good, I am not sure they are better than Texas High. We will not be able to overcome mistakes in this game. Nac must play a perfect game and get some turnovers to be competitive. Turnovers and penalties and we will get blown out.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...