Mount Vernon vs Jim Ned State Semi Finals

Jeepster89

Mount Vernon vs Jim Ned state semi finals   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be playing for the title?!

• Mount Vernon
    • Jim Ned

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 08:00 PM

11 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Whoever the home team is this week I’m sorry. 

I went to the Gunter-Eastland game and the seating on the home is was just fine and not 40 yards from the field. I didn't hear one Eastland fan complain about their seats. Only complaint I heard was some DA stating that Gunter has AAAA enrollment. Eastland enrollment is larger than Gunter.

11 hours ago, chevyman said:

I think playing at this venue is a disaster especially with the NFR going on at GLF not to mention just the bad sightlines. It sure has been nice the last several years to catch those semifinal games at The Star and i know there might be negatives there as well but i can only assume that Covid is the reasoning this game and the 4A D2 semifinal game are not in Frisco this year.

5A and 6A start bi-district this coming week. I have not seen a schedule yet but I bet the Frisco schools have The Star booked.  

12 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Jim Ned is a really good team and no one is underestimating anyone at this point of the year. Honestly, I think MV just beat the best team left in it beating Malakoff. If we play our game, Jim Ned going to need Colt McCoy to come back and play QB to beat MV. 

Don't be counting your chickens too soon.......them Jim Ned boys are well-coached and know how to play football.  They've already proven that, and I saw with my own eyes a very quality team that surprised me.  We all know that MV is well-coached and athletic, but  I'ma thinkin' this game might come down to the very end.  I'm leaning toward MV, but since I'm neutral.......all I really wanna see is a highly competitive and exciting game on the gridiron of glory.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Don't be counting your chickens too soon.......them Jim Ned boys are well-coached and know how to play football.  They've already proven that, and I saw with my own eyes a very quality team that surprised me.  We all know that MV is well-coached and athletic, but  I'ma thinkin' this game might come down to the very end.  I'm leaning toward MV, but since I'm neutral.......all I really wanna see is a highly competitive and exciting game on the gridiron of glory.

I’m not counting any chickens, I stated we can’t overlook anyone. I said if MV plays their game they will win, but if we don’t it can easily go the other way. Their RB and QB can make plays and they seem physical up front. Defense does a good job flying to the ball. I think we will give their secondary a good test 

Guest Tiger03lb
31 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

This is a big game where is everybody at.

Not much to talk about????????

Go to the fs app. You'll get what you'll need there and then some. 

Well, I read where some of the posters are pulling for Jim Ned due to a past QB from Jim Ned. Using that rational most East Texans my age (old) would be rooting for Mount Vernon. Mount Vernon's Dandy Don Meredith is my favorite QB of all time. I viewed Mount Vernon's Facebook page and noticed the name of their Tiger mascot is "Dandy Don." Using that criteria, I must favor the Tigers.

In addition to Dandy Don, long time NFL offensive center Bobby Maples is from Mount Vernon.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, VZCR said:

Well, I read where some of the posters are pulling for Jim Ned due to a past QB from Jim Ned. Using that rational most East Texans my age (old) would be rooting for Mount Vernon. Mount Vernon's Dandy Don Meredith is my favorite QB of all time. I viewed Mount Vernon's Facebook page and noticed the name of their Tiger mascot is "Dandy Don." Using that criteria, I must favor the Tigers.

In addition to Dandy Don, long time NFL offensive center Bobby Maples is from Mount Vernon.

I love this!  Yes, the Don Meredith legacy is still very strong in Mt. Vernon.  He loved his hometown, and he never forgot where he came from.  He is buried here, and a lot of big names attended his funeral in little Mt. Vernon.  In addition to Dandy the Mascot, the football stadium is named Don Meredith Stadium, and we have a museum in town.  When I was a kid, we had a "Hometown of" billboard at the Mt. Vernon exit on I-30 that had life-size images of both Don and Bobby Maples in their football uniforms.  He put Mt. Vernon on the map, and Jeff and Hazel's baby boy will always be a legend in Mt. Vernon.  If I were a neutral fan with no team in this game, I would also root for Dandy Don's Purple Tigers.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan4life said:

I love this!  Yes, the Don Meredith legacy is still very strong in Mt. Vernon.  He loved his hometown, and he never forgot where he came from.  He is buried here, and a lot of big names attended his funeral in little Mt. Vernon.  In addition to Dandy the Mascot, the football stadium is named Don Meredith Stadium, and we have a museum in town.  When I was a kid, we had a "Hometown of" billboard at the Mt. Vernon exit on I-30 that had life-size images of both Don and Bobby Maples in their football uniforms.  He put Mt. Vernon on the map, and Jeff and Hazel's baby boy will always be a legend in Mt. Vernon.  If I were a neutral fan with no team in this game, I would also root for Dandy Don's Purple Tigers.    

My stepdad was a freshman when Meredith was a senior and played basketball with him. Said he was a better basketball player than football. Told stories of how he was just a natural at everything he did and was the nicest guy in town. 

Last week I picked Mally because I thought they would have better luck against the MV Def. since they had more playmakers than the two headed monster that Mineola has. I guess Minny's D is better than Mally's cause they only allowed 1 TD the week before to MV. Gonna go with the Purple Tigers this week, go get them Ned's. 

• Like 1

The RB for Jim Ned is definitely that dude. Over 2000 yards rushing + receiving. 1900+ of that is rushing.  So as he goes, Jim Ned goes. The QB can run a little and is a good passer. 2 is a playmaker as well. But 5 is the key.

as far as the silence surrounding Briles, he hosted a media day when he first got to MV and they handed out fliers when everyone got there saying he won’t answer any questions about the Baylor situation and it was pretty much left at that ever since. Now the local media covers them like they would any other team who’s having they’re success. 

5 hours ago, VZCR said:

I'm with you. Dandy Don is my all time favorite football player. Has been since I was little. I even got to meet him. He was a great guy!

Guest Tiger03lb
43 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Welp, winner of this game gets Hallettsville whose RB has rushed for 1,399 yards and 28 TDs.......... in five playoff games. 

Brooks was really impressive last night. Even on defense. I heard the announcer saying that he had over 3,000 yds and 59 tds for the year. Texas is getting a hell of a back.

6 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Brooks was really impressive last night. Even on defense. I heard the announcer saying that he had over 3,000 yds and 59 tds for the year. Texas is getting a hell of a back.

Llano had their chances. Hallettsville 3rd quarter were all 3-and-outs.............. but Llanos 3rd was all turnovers.