Waskom 12-1 vs Franklin 11-2 At Tyler Rose Stadium 7:30 Friday Dec 11th Waskom Is Home Team

Wild74

Waskom 12-1 vs Franklin 10-2 At Tyler Rose Stadium 7:30 Friday Dec 11th  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Rematch from 2015 Title game who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, 1WildCat said:

The tourney started with 64 teams.  We stand today with the Final Four, Waskoms fourth Semi Final game this decade.  The Seniors season has been extended another week, let's pray TWO!!   2020 has been weird in a lot of ways.   COVID has kept much of the "12th Man" at home and not in the stands which we have been accustomed to over the years.   Preseason predictions had our guys ranked no higher than third place in, arguably, the toughest 3A DIi District in the state.   Our only loss of the season was a very winnable game to our arch rivals, whom we met again in the Regional Finals and BEAT in dramatic fashion.   Injuries to several Cats, at key positions, did not keep the Wildcats from improving into the "second season", culminating in where we find ourselves today, a force to be reckoned with.  The ride the guys have taken us on this season has been very memorable, with a few bumps in the road along the way, but through the adversity they have been able to conquer all odds and rise to the occasion over and over again.   We play Franklin next, a team who is very confident that they can end our season, but then again, so did EF, Dangerfield, New Waverly and West Rusk.   If nothing else, the Wildcats over this past decade has proven to be NOT an easy win for our opponents, even during the few down years that we have experienced.    I see MANY deep playoff appearances for the Wildcats for many years to come.   Thankful that I have been able to experience it first hand and look forward to sharing many more memorable moments in the future.   My only advice to the guys on the field would be to STAY FOCUSED, BE FAST, BE PHYSICAL and to take care of one another.   Go Wildcats.   That is all, carry on.

Toughest district imo was district 13 in 3ad2... Franklin buffalo rogers and lexington all went 3 rounds and had to play each other again. I'm glad this match up is happening the Waskom 12th man vs The Green Machine. It should be a rowdy one @ rose stadium

8 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Toughest district imo was district 13 in 3ad2... Franklin buffalo rogers and lexington all went 3 rounds and had to play each other again. I'm glad this match up is happening the Waskom 12th man vs The Green Machine. It should be a rowdy one @ rose stadium

Should be a very good game. Lots of running plays.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I don't know if this year's lions backfield is better than 15...that bunch had heart,tons of heart and heart sometimes wins games.."The replacements"...lol 

A lot of franklin people will tell you this is the best backfield we have ever had and they still have lots of heart to go with it

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

I would agree with you on the toughest district. Other than Waskom & EF our district was weak. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

I would agree with you on the toughest district. Other than Waskom & EF our district was weak. 

I just watched some Franklin game film, #12 #15 #24 for Franklin are damn good, Waskom can definitely win this game, but one thing I wouldn't do is punt straight down the field to them, I would angle my punts out of bounds, you give them a chance to return a punt, your taking a big chance at 6pts.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I just watched some Franklin game film, #12 #15 #24 for Franklin are damn good, Waskom can definitely win this game, but one thing I wouldn't do is punt straight down the field to them, I would angle my punts out of bounds, you give them a chance to return a punt, your taking a big chance at 6pts.

I wasn't Impressed ..  the key is to not punt ..might watch another one after saints game .. WHO DAT boys!!

35 minutes ago, quickshot said:

I wasn't Impressed ..  the key is to not punt ..might watch another one after saints game .. WHO DAT boys!!

You dont have to be impressed.. The fact is we had a really bad game against buffalo and still won by 23 speaks volumes of how good this team can really be. This team is very dangerous but if we have another bad gane like that then waskom will run away with it

Just watched the end of the waskom vs ef game. Waskom made a BIG mistake at the end of the game. After the int at the end of the game the waskom player was running around the field to run the clock off which was smart. But he threw the ball down when the clock hit zero which means its a fumble. It could have been a disaster for them.

5 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Just watched the end of the waskom vs ef game. Waskom made a BIG mistake at the end of the game. After the int at the end of the game the waskom player was running around the field to run the clock off which was smart. But he threw the ball down when the clock hit zero which means its a fumble. It could have been a disaster for them.

Yep

6 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

He threw it forward so anything it was illegal pass. Mark off penalty, snap, take knee. 

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Yes that was pretty stupid. Our QB went and fell on it once one our coaches pointed it out to him. 

• Like 1