Waskom 12-1 vs Franklin 11-2 At Tyler Rose Stadium 7:30 Friday Dec 11th Waskom Is Home Team

Wild74

Waskom 12-1 vs Franklin 10-2 At Tyler Rose Stadium 7:30 Friday Dec 11th  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Rematch from 2015 Title game who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Toughest district imo was district 13 in 3ad2... Franklin buffalo rogers and lexington all went 3 rounds and had to play each other again. I'm glad this match up is happening the Waskom 12th man vs The Green Machine. It should be a rowdy one @ rose stadium

Yepper.  Good luck (but not much) to you guys,!!   Lol

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

Thank ya sir. I wasn’t “hating” on them. I just think they need to tighten it up if they want to win state.

I think Waskom has a good chance to beat Franklin if they play mistake free. To beat Gunter they will have to step it up another level. To beat Canadian they have to play a perfect game. I think Waskom is a year early on a state championship but the boys will give it their all.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1WildCat said:

Yepper.  Good luck (but not much) to you guys,!!   Lol

Same to yall as well.... I was looking at the drive difference for the two schools. 1 hour and 9 minutes for Waskom to Tyler and 2 hours and 7 minutes for Franklin to Tyler. It is supposed to rain all day Friday as well

2 minutes ago, Timboslice79 said:

I think Waskom has a good chance to beat Franklin if they play mistake free. To beat Gunter they will have to step it up another level. To beat Canadian they have to play a perfect game. I think Waskom is a year early on a state championship but the boys will give it their all.

Everyone was saying franklin is a year early as well. Very young team for us. But that just speaks volumes for both Waskom and Franklin being young and in the state semifinals. Neither will back down from a challenge and are out to prove that they can play with the gunters and Canadians

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lionpride08 said:

Same to yall as well.... I was looking at the drive difference for the two schools. 1 hour and 9 minutes for Waskom to Tyler and 2 hours and 7 minutes for Franklin to Tyler. It is supposed to rain all day Friday as well

......and windy supposedly.   Hope rain is on way out by kickoff, but I'm showing still 30% at 9pm.

Just now, lionpride08 said:

Everyone was saying franklin is a year early as well. Very young team for us. But that just speaks volumes for both Waskom and Franklin being young and in the state semifinals. Neither will back down from a challenge and are out to prove that they can play with the gunters and Canadians

Win or lose I'm taking day off to see the games on the 17th.  After retirement in three years I plan on making all the games.  Cedar Hill State Park is 10 minutes from AT&T.   I plan on taking my travel trailer and making it a Wednesday-Saturday trip to see every game, 6 Man - 6A.  That will be neat.

• Like 1

Just now, 1WildCat said:

Win or lose I'm taking day off to see the games on the 17th.  After retirement in three years I plan on making all the games.  Cedar Hill State Park is 10 minutes from AT&T.   I plan on taking my travel trailer and making it a Wednesday-Saturday trip to see every game, 6 Man - 6A.  That will be neat.

sounds fun, wish I could.... im going to try and make Thursday games possibly Saturday 

13 minutes ago, 1WildCat said:

Im already off all week from the 12th to the 20th lol... But that sounds fun

32 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I'm not gonna say we beat the EFs, Paul pewitts, newtons, next year to get out of the region for sure. I do think no matter what happens Friday we have a good chance of seeing the same semi-final next year.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Timboslice79 said:

We had/have a great shot last year and this year. We will be young, but talented next year.

The Abernathy game killed us last year. QB ended up with a hip pointer, and two of our lineman that always pulled were injured as well. You cannot beat Gunter being one dimensional, and that’s what happened. QB couldn’t throw with authority. Calling his own fake punt didn’t help either.

15 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

We had/have a great shot last year and this year. We will be young, but talented next year.

The Abernathy game killed us last year. QB ended up with a hip pointer, and two of our lineman that always pulled were injured as well. You cannot beat Gunter being one dimensional, and that’s what happened. QB couldn’t throw with authority. Calling his own fake punt didn’t help either.

Makes sense.  Waskom is more one dimensional now than they were before or freshman qb broke his collar bone in the first Elysian Fields game. Or backup qb runs the offense beautifully but lacks the passing threat we had. We return our tailback, wing back, both qbs and all of our secondary + linebackers next year. Our jv didn't allow a single point in district all year so we have more talent coming up. Next year looks to be our best chance since the 14-15 seasons at a SC.  I'm not counting out our guys this year but its a tall order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JETT said:

sounds fun, wish I could.... im going to try and make Thursday games possibly Saturday 

Hey Jett,  sometimes it’s hard to beat a bathroom 10 feet away, a fridge 15 ft away, and a big ol leather recliner at the house in front of the tv !!  Am I lazy or what ?  Lol. 

5 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

Hey Jett,  sometimes it’s hard to beat a bathroom 10 feet away, a fridge 15 ft away, and a big ol leather recliner at the house in front of the tv !!  Am I lazy or what ?  Lol. 

nothing wrong with that, I've caught Thursday games up there in person the past few years and the rest the same way you just mentioned 

2 hours ago, 1WildCat said:

I been going since waskoms games.. Ill watch 2a+.. live by Loews is a great hotel next to stadium btw.. it's pricey but worth it to me..

• Like 1