Waskom 12-1 vs Franklin 11-2 At Tyler Rose Stadium 7:30 Friday Dec 11th Waskom Is Home Team

Wild74

Waskom 12-1 vs Franklin 10-2 At Tyler Rose Stadium 7:30 Friday Dec 11th  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Rematch from 2015 Title game who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

38 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

Any info on tickets?

Waskom has been allocated 2100 tickets but they can only be bought online. They will be selling tickets at the gate credit card only. I do not have the link yet for online purchases. 

I have watched both on film only this season (NFHSnetwork) and both teams are very well coached groups. I have to give the athletic edge to Franklin as far as skilled players but I believe the better defensive team is Waskom. They say defense wins championships so my gut is saying waskom. 

If Franklin can get the passing game going early and often to offset their massive run game Franklin could win this game but if not waskom wins by 7.

I think Fannin has put in the work on the passing game at Franklin unlike Hedrick did all those years. I think Fannin will come out throwing which will shock a lot of people. I think franklin gets the passing game going FINALLY been telling Lionpride08 for years all franklin needs is to pass the ball 10-15 times a game to win state every year lol and I think they finally will to get to state.

Franklin 41

Waskom 35

• Thanks 1

Got my tickets, no dog in the fight so I'm not picking a winner. I'm just looking forward to 2 outstanding teams trying to punch their ticket to the championship game. Congratulations to both teams for making it this far, unfortunately their has to be a loser among these 2 incredible programs. Good luck and safe travels to all competing and attending. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 1WildCat said:

Win or lose I'm taking day off to see the games on the 17th.  After retirement in three years I plan on making all the games.  Cedar Hill State Park is 10 minutes from AT&T.   I plan on taking my travel trailer and making it a Wednesday-Saturday trip to see every game, 6 Man - 6A.  That will be neat.

17 hours ago, JETT said:

Supposed to be Jan 16 6a D1 and 2... i want to make those if possible 

Dont forget 5a and 6a state championships are at a later date in January. Only 6man through 4a will be played mid december

• Like 1

I have scouted or watched Franklin play since the early 70's and this is the most talented backfield they have fielded. Senior Seth Spiller is 6’2”-190 lbs. and has speed and power. Sophomore Bryson Washington (6’1”-185 lbs.) is fast and strong and is a homerun treat. Bryson’s older brother Bobby is senior and is 5’7”-175 lbs. and is very quick.

The Lions defense is strong  versus the run but is not near as solid defending the pass.

6 minutes ago, VZCR said:

I have scouted or watched Franklin play since the early 70's and this is the most talented backfield they have fielded. Senior Seth Spiller is 6’2”-190 lbs. and has speed and power. Sophomore Bryson Washington (6’1”-185 lbs.) is fast and strong and is a homerun treat. Bryson’s older brother Bobby is senior and is 5’7”-175 lbs. and is very quick.

The Lions defense is strong  versus the run but is not near as solid defending the pass.

Bobby is not a senior he is a junior. Pass d is better then years past

Game this late in the year comes down to health a lot of times. What is the injury report for both these teams. I know I have seen that Waskom starting Qb is out anybody else? Franklin how healthy are yall. I remember Newton losing a running back in the regional finals a few years ago and it really hurt them. 

33 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Bobby is not a senior he is a junior. Pass d is better then years past

You won't have to worry about pass d much in this one lol. Waskom defense is very good against the run, especially if there is no legitimate pass threat to keep them honest.