Canadian Vs Gunter, Round 5

THEHARDWAY

State semi-finals  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 10:00 PM

This year should be a fun matchup. I view the series like this, and some might disagree.....

year 1 Gunter wins 6/10 games

year 2 Gunter wins 10/10 games

year 3 Canadian wins 6/10 games

year 4 Canadin wins 7/10(too many key players injured)

year 5........who knows. I do know this has become one of the most fun, well coached series I’ve ever seen. I’ll take my Wildcats by 10

2 hours ago, Airitout1 said:

This year should be a fun matchup. I view the series like this, and some might disagree.....

year 1 Gunter wins 6/10 games

year 2 Gunter wins 10/10 games

year 3 Canadian wins 6/10 games

year 4 Canadin wins 7/10(too many key players injured)

year 5........who knows. I do know this has become one of the most fun, well coached series I’ve ever seen. I’ll take my Wildcats by 10

Styles are so different......Its like it doesnt matter who has the slightly better players.  Who is going to adjust better.

20 minutes ago, blueflu said:

Styles are so different......Its like it doesnt matter who has the slightly better players.  Who is going to adjust better.

Completely agree. Both are slightly undersized, quick, but not East Texas “Fast”. Both offenses put their athletes in space to work. Different, but extremely similar!

• Like 1

Going with Gunter.  They have plenty of speed. If Sloan gets the corner turned , he’s gone. Gunter does an awesome job with their o-line, and blocking on the edge.   Their defense is relentless.  I also think coach Fieszel and staff are the best at adjusting. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, blueflu said:

i dont think canadian coaches are scared

I don’t think any of the 4 are.  They’re all proud and confident. All are great programs.  I just think Gunter will win. I’ve been wrong before, but rarely when it comes to the Gunter Tigers

2 hours ago, wingtveer said:

Going with Gunter.  They have plenty of speed. If Sloan gets the corner turned , he’s gone. Gunter does an awesome job with their o-line, and blocking on the edge.   Their defense is relentless.  I also think coach Fieszel and staff are the best at adjusting. 

He is very quick. The same can be said of Huffstedler for us. It’s scary how similar the teams are. 

13 minutes ago, wtxfootball said:

I thought no one would be able to beat Canadian. But after watching Gunter vs Henrietta and Gunter vs Eastland live, Gunter can win. Whoever wins beats Waskom/Franklin easily. No offense to those players and community. 

I agree. Need Gunter to be slid to region 3!

• Like 2

I have to go with Canadian simply because these two seem  to beat each other year. They are well coached and offensive line's technique are really good. Both defensive lines are solid. It will be a war in the trenches with hard hitting everywhere, yet good sportsmanship on both teams. Pleasure to watch.