Canadian Vs Gunter, Round 5

THEHARDWAY

State semi-finals  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 10:00 PM

50 minutes ago, Olduy said:

I have never seen Canadian come out “flat” 

they may get beat but they seldom come out flat! Don’t know if they still do, but they would break the huddle, run to the line, be set a second and snap the ball. High intensity 

that was early 90s

5 hours ago, Guest JimmyW said:

????? Are  you saying Newton shouldn't have been in the state finals those two years ,it seems that is what you are saying .Since Newton won state back to back, that statement don't hold water. I remember 3 years in a row Newton didn't get out of region because Daingerfield was in region 3 and winning state. Remember when Cameron was winning state a lot, same thing, they were in region 3. Now, if you want to come on down to region 3,we ain't scared. Win or lose we don't back down, it is in our purple blood.

No way, of course Newton deserved to be in the and win in the finals.  I am just referring to how the seeding is set and the same every year - region 1 against 2, region 3 against 4.  This does not have anything to do with Newton or any other team.  I am saying since they seed in advance it is LIKE having just 2 regions.  Newton would have won those back to back regardless.

4 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

No way, of course Newton deserved to be in the and win in the finals.  I am just referring to how the seeding is set and the same every year - region 1 against 2, region 3 against 4.  This does not have anything to do with Newton or any other team.  I am saying since they seed in advance it is LIKE having just 2 regions.  Newton would have won those back to back regardless.

I'd say forget it - I am obviously not articulate enough to make my point.  Move on, nothing to see here.....

48 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

I'd say forget it - I am obviously not articulate enough to make my point.  Move on, nothing to see here.....

I got ya now... Your saying its like having an East and West bracket. No matter what region 1 and 2 play each other on the west side of the bracket and region 3 and 4 play on the east side. I do believe they should change it every other year. Region 1 vs Region 3 and Region 2 vs Region 4 should be the alternate

On 12/5/2020 at 9:27 PM, wtxfootball said:

I thought no one would be able to beat Canadian. But after watching Gunter vs Henrietta and Gunter vs Eastland live, Gunter can win. Whoever wins beats Waskom/Franklin easily. No offense to those players and community. 

Agree. This definitely seems to be the best two teams in the division. Shame it’s not for all the marbles. 
Just like Shiner and Refugio last week. What a game!

22 hours ago, Airitout1 said:

Yes sir. Our NASCAR offense runs 14-16 seconds between snaps

I remember being thrown off by how fast-paced the Canadian offense was the first time we played you guys.  That Eastland offense was pretty fast-paced as well.  Seemed like every 10 seconds they were snapping the ball.  That was part of the reason they were put in a hole in a hurry though because they couldn't stop Gunter and their drives were only taking a minute or two off the clock.  Canadian runs that fast paced offense and they can stop teams.  Its a dangerous combination.  Gunter D will once again have to play very well otherwise they could be in the early hole.