Timpson vs Shiner 7:30p Thursday

ttowngrad

State semi-finals  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 01:00 AM

1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

I think the one in Timpson is open 24 hours a day!

Surely! It would be waiting for them if they were to arrive home with the trophy.  If they come home emptyhanded the bus will speed by the Whataburger at topped out speed with Coach telling them to wave as they pass.  

Maybe see what East Bernard did to keep the score low.  Timpson has some very good athletes. Courtney #22 not only runs hard with speed but if you watch he has unbelievable vision of the field. The freshman is a phenomenal athlete for sure.  In game 15 everyone is good i just hope the Bears are better.

Shiner turned it over 7 times against East Bernard, that is why they kept it close. What Timpson has to do is do Is what Refugio did and limit big plays and get some turnovers which Refugio couldn’t do. Also the best way to consistently move the ball on Shiner is balance but you have to be able to protect the QB. The Brooks kid plays DT and blocking him is a chore.

22 hours ago, Ronster23 said:

"seems"?...did you mean "seams" like in the zone coverages?

No sir...seems as in linebacker seems to not move as fast one direction as the other,...seem as in corner seems unsure if he's coming to the Los to run or gonna throw over the top when corner comes up and reciever comes uncovered...you know, seems...lol you know as in this kid seems to take what we give him and gets positive yardage...

• LOL! 4

9 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

No sir...seems as in linebacker seems to not move as fast one direction as the other,...seem as in corner seems unsure if he's coming to the Los to run or gonna throw over the top when corner comes up and reciever comes uncovered...you know, seems...lol you know as in this kid seems to take what we give him and gets positive yardage...

okay, but it sure didn't read that way grammatically..."absolutely gonna have to get that Shiner d rolling side to side to look for seems.."  

Also recall "I before E except after C"

20 hours ago, ctown81 said:

@Gsquared@TxBroadcaster I know you guys don't do 2A but I'd love to hear Coach X's pick for the game this week. I'm sure he'll have a good time going on a tangent with Shiner.

From Coach X

Timpson vs Shiner
This is a tough pick. Is this the year region 3 finally beats region 4 in 2a? Been awhile and timpson is really talented and athletic this year but them Shiner boys are tough. Probably because they drink that dark fermented water from the Spoetzl natural springs that runs through Shiner. Everybody always says what's in the water down there. Well I am telling you malted hops and yeast and it's all mixed together by a man named Al. Alfred Cohall great man has inspired some of the smartest men to do really dumb things. Shiner I have always said you should also change your school colors to brown and yellow too. Shiner Bocks it's way to a win over the Bears and extends the region 4 winning streak

• LOL! 3

20 hours ago, ctown81 said:

@Gsquared@TxBroadcaster I know you guys don't do 2A but I'd love to hear Coach X's pick for the game this week. I'm sure he'll have a good time going on a tangent with Shiner.

Coach X obliged with this

Timpson vs Shiner
This is a tough pick. Is this the year region 3 finally beats region 4 in 2a? Been awhile and timpson is really talented and athletic this year but them Shiner boys are tough. Probably because they drink that dark fermented water from the Spoetzl natural springs that runs through Shiner. Everybody always says what's in the water down there. Well I am telling you malted hops and yeast and it's all mixed together by a man named Al. Alfred Cohall great man has inspired some of the smartest men to do really dumb things. Shiner I have always said you should also change your school colors to brown and yellow too. Shiner Bocks it's way to a win over the Bears and extends the region 4 winning streak 

Guest Bullhead44

Shiner is loaded with talent.  The Blonde is pretty good, but a little light.  They have some big stout german lineman who can make you feel like you had the hell beat out of you all day, The dark guys in the backfield can really bring it.  They had  a red headed kid who was a little fruity that I really liked, but I haven't seen much from him in a while.  I think he may have moved and will be back in the summer.  They have some other guys too, but they are mainly just tier two guys who get in every once in a while when coach wants to try something different.

Shiner is loaded with talent.  The Blonde is pretty good, but a little light.  They have some big stout german lineman who can make you feel like you had the hell beat out of you all day, The dark guys in the backfield can really bring it.  They had  a red headed kid who was a little fruity that I really liked, but I haven't seen much from him in a while.  I think he may have moved and will be back in the summer.  They have some other guys too, but they are mainly just tier two guys who get in every once in a while when coach wants to try something different.

• LOL! 1

This years Shiner team is the typical Region 4 team from the past 5-6 years.  Big upfront Big backs fast skill guys a stout defense.  Their only weakness is the passing game.  But the way they run the ball there is no need for it.  They will put you thru the meat grinder.  I don't see Timpson stopping the run game.  I do see Timpson matching them score for score due to the big play capabilities they have on the team.  Either way it should be a great game to watch.

Guest Ted Underhill

What makes so many people on this forum choose Timpson in this game? If you look at strength of schedules and past history it sure seems pretty irrational. Is it just homerism instead of logic?

5 minutes ago, Guest Ted Underhill said:

What makes so many people on this forum choose Timpson in this game? If you look at strength of schedules and past history it sure seems pretty irrational. Is it just homerism instead of logic?

Ted, its 16-14 in favor of Shiner right now.  I'd say that is way better than expected on a mostly east texas forum.  

The people picking Timpson is not entirely without merit.  You may find out Thursday.  You may not, we shall see.  Timpson does have the talent and coaching to compete.  It will just be a matter of if they execute.  

• Like 1

Just now, Guest Ted Underhill said:

Well that is about as undefinitive as you can get. What merit do they have?

I'm not going to do the work for you Ted.  Do a little research, watch some game film.  It is the internet after all, it's out there for you.  If you do that and still think Timpson has no chance in this game, well I dont know what to tell you then.