Timpson vs Shiner 7:30p Thursday

ttowngrad

State semi-finals  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 01:00 AM

4 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Wow that is impressive. I wonder why a 4a D1 would agree to that matchup 

Because everyone was looking for games due to COVID And Shiner is as good as most 4a teams in the region. Refugio played a 4a d 2 team as well. Sorry Smithville was d2 not d1

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wooderson said:

Because everyone was looking for games due to COVID And Shiner is as good as most 4a teams in the region. Refugio played a 4a d 2 team as well. Sorry Smithville was d2 not d1

The Region IV heavyweights will play anybody anywhere.....

13 minutes ago, DAhomer said:

Post is gonna get smoked next week watching them with that scrappy Crawford team, makes me think they gonna have a really hard time next week.

Post is a lot bigger up front on both sides of the ball than Timpson was.  That should help a little.  But gotta wrap up and tackle.

On 12/10/2020 at 9:10 PM, wooderson said:

Curious the gap has been a win by the region 4 rep at an average of 26 points over the region 3 rep over the last 6 years. What makes Timpson so much more different then these other teams?Last year’s San Augustine team that was senior laden has been the only one to play within single digits.

I guess maybe they just shouldn’t play...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wooderson said:

Look at the history and also look at strength of schedule. Timpson played all 2a d 1 teams that weren’t all that good. Shiner played 4a d1 Smithville, 3ad1 semifinalist Hallettsville, 3ad2 contender East Bernard, 3ad1 playoff team Blanco, Refugio and Mason. Beat them all. Guys they are pretty good

Shiner beat 3aD1 state finalist maybe even state champion 41-31 in week 2

1 hour ago, wooderson said:

Paging Mike Honcho and all these East Texas homers.

Not a homer. I just simply said it could be a good game. It wasn’t. Lol. Ahh well. I have no ties to Timpson, my feelings are not hurt. I just don’t agree with cocky keyboard warriors that act like the game shouldn’t even be played. You still got to go earn it each week, which Shiner did. 

• Like 2

Shiner is best “Team” I’ve seen in quite a while. They check all the boxes.....To me that’s where Region 3 suffers. Sure Reg 3 has their share of good players on any given team but Reg 4 seems to have multiple even several...... Shiner rotated 4-5 RBs into the game. SA had the best diversity of good players from Reg 3 in last several years.... Not only skilled kids but linemen as well.

6 hours ago, DAhomer said:

The Region IV heavyweights will play anybody anywhere.....

Play Mart or Canadian. The teams in deep East Texas are homegrown squads. Real 2a schools. . Shiner and Refugio have a huge advantage over the homegrown teams. 

We have way better athletes just not all concentrated in one school. In Shelby County we have Timpson, Shelbyville, Joaquin and Tenaha who are all 2a. If we took the best 10 or 12 kids from each  town and made one squad it would be on par with what the region 4 "powerhouse" teams do. 

In this scenario Region 4 would not stand a snowballs chance in Hades!

2 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Shiner, Refugio, Mart, Canadian, Mason, and probably a few more. All have a huge advantage over the homegrown, natural selection small schools. 

Every starter for us has been here since early middle school. Most all have been here since elementary. Just because we are good doesn’t mean we aren’t home grown. Generally, what keeps the deep east Texas teams back is discipline and attitude. Speed doesn’t mean anything if you can’t handle getting hit in the mouth, or don’t like being coached hard. 

this is not all schools, so don’t everybody freak out. It’s a generalization for some of the programs.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 2

7 hours ago, wooderson said:

Well, what do you think of the gap now? Should we continue to go and watch film? Do you guys think that people outside of East Texas might know a little bout football too?

Yes I think you should continue to go and watch film. Instead of spouting the same generic line every year apparently. Because at some point you will be wrong and will just look and sound like a jacka** instead of  a #### like you do now. 

• Like 1

Generic line? You want to talk about generic line then look at every region 3 person that says region 3 will beat the region 4 representative every year. What about the East Texas speed line year in and year out. What about the “they have Never seen a defense like ours” line. Also you are right one of these years I might be wrong and you all might be right but at least I give legitimate reasons and if it happens I turn out to be wrong then so be it. I tried to come in this forum asking for honest opinions  and giving my legitimate facts yet I am treated with hostility because you guys don’t like what you hear. 

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 2

12 minutes ago, wooderson said:

Generic line? You want to talk about generic line then look at every region 3 person that says region 3 will beat the region 4 representative every year. What about the East Texas speed line year in and year out. What about the “they have Never seen a defense like ours” line. Also you are right one of these years I might be wrong and you all might be right but at least I give legitimate reasons and if it happens I turn out to be wrong then so be it. I tried to come in this forum asking for honest opinions  and giving my legitimate facts yet I am treated with hostility because you guys don’t like what you hear. 

Wooderson, I do apologize, but the East Texas speed thing, that’s for real.

• Thanks 1

I realize East Texas speed is a real thing but it hasn’t translated to wins in this division in 8 years, so I think you guys need to come up with another reason. You guys realize that about 3 of those backs for Shiner were on the state winning sprint relay in 2019? Shiner has speed and Refugio has won the most boy’s track team titles in Texas history so speed is nothing new to these teams.

• Like 1

It’s simple genetics guys.... Good friend of mine has a saying “The calf gonna look like the cow”..... mostly he refers to women when he says this but it applies to ftball players as well. Shiner’s sideline full of 6’0”-6’2” kids at 200lb-250lbs and are athletic. The stands behind them full of parents with that genetic pedigree. Add the 4 to 5 really fast athletes and you have a recipe for success. Shiner’s down field blockn is huge for the RB success. Most East Tx linemen are 5’7”-5’10” and 230lb-270lb and can’t move quite as well. Deep playoff runs are won at line of scrimmage. Avg onlookers believe it’s the flashy QB or WR but SA last year had the best line to go with their skilled kids and that’s why it was the most competitive game in a decade. For the most part athletes cancel each other out and the trenches determine the winner.

• Like 2