Lindale vs LBJ - State Semi-finals George Turner Stadium, Humble Tx @ 7:30

LindalePride2002

12 minutes ago, VonG said:

What's the farthest?

I asked a question a few weeks ago and never got an answer. How was the jv and freshman team this year?

We played at nrg stadium a couple years ago which isnt much further i guess. 

I didnt get a chance to make any freshman or jv games. I want to say their record was good tho

4 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Early feeling has me going with Lindale in an upset. May just be easy Texas hometown, but I got a feeling.

Hope you are right.  Lindale will have advantage of discipline and better coaching.  Will it be enough to offset the extreme athleticism of LBJ?

Just now, MoveTheChain said:

Hope you are right.  Lindale will have advantage of discipline and better coaching.  Will it be enough to offset the extreme athleticism of LBJ?

Maybe it will. We pay coaches for a reason. I know I’ve seen Surratt make a difference. I am excited for this game. I think it will be one of the better ones in the state this week.

25 minutes ago, LindalePride2002 said:

We played at nrg stadium a couple years ago which isnt much further i guess. 

I didnt get a chance to make any freshman or jv games. I want to say their record was good tho

When did y'all play at NRG  🏟 ?

The trouble with LBJ is that you saw them in a different mode for that Miller offense.......which is extremely different than almost any other opponent any team will face.  We really don't know how LBJ will set up to defend against Lindale.......but I betcha it's different.  Maybe they will have some trouble w/Lindale's more balanced attack and plays......but I'm pulling for Lindale in an "upset".  I think everybody will have LBJ  as a favorite in this game, but I'm not even sure if LBJ has ever been this deep???  Maybe Lindale can play some tough D and pull out some trick plays that will surprise LBJ and get them leaning the wrong way.  Maybe some misdirection might help.  Hard to say what LBJ's weakness is on D.   Their offense looks pretty darn solid too.  How's Lindale's D??? 

You hafta remember that Miller always gave up lots of points no matter who they played this season.  All the quality teams they played were high-scoring offensive games.  

6 hours ago, regaleagle said:

The trouble with LBJ is that you saw them in a different mode for that Miller offense.......which is extremely different than almost any other opponent any team will face.  We really don't know how LBJ will set up to defend against Lindale.......but I betcha it's different.  Maybe they will have some trouble w/Lindale's more balanced attack and plays......but I'm pulling for Lindale in an "upset".  I think everybody will have LBJ  as a favorite in this game, but I'm not even sure if LBJ has ever been this deep???  Maybe Lindale can play some tough D and pull out some trick plays that will surprise LBJ and get them leaning the wrong way.  Maybe some misdirection might help.  Hard to say what LBJ's weakness is on D.   Their offense looks pretty darn solid too.  How's Lindale's D??? 

You hafta remember that Miller always gave up lots of points no matter who they played this season.  All the quality teams they played were high-scoring offensive games.  

Lindale does a good job at stopping the run and has decent pass coverage. Coaching has been phenomenal this year as far as making adjustments. The players love each other and are very  disciplined. I know they are going to leave it all on the field Friday. 

Lindales strength is their offense.  Lindales O-line has been paving the way for Jordan Jenkins all year long. Sam Peterson at QB  is good enough to run the ball and has several receivers to connect with on the field.  I think this will be the best defense lindale has played. Lindale will keep them guessing and if you give Jenkins an inch you may as well give him 7 or 8 yards because he is a down hill runner who has a lot of yards after contact.  

11 hours ago, MoveTheChain said:

Easy answer is LBJ, but if Lindale could go, "3 yards and a cloud of dust", the whole game and keep the LBJ offense off the field, maybe they have a chance.

Why is LBJ not saying the exact same thing. They score at will and give up copious amounts of points.  Both teams are mirrors of each other. Are they not? Over is probably 110. 

• Like 1

The LBJ schedule is not that intimidating at all. They have lost twice. Once to Lampasas that some thought would be where they are now. There best 2 wins have really come in the last 2 weeks against Callallen and Miller. I say Lindale advances to the ship in a wild shootout. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jubilant said:

Why is LBJ not saying the exact same thing. They score at will and give up copious amounts of points.  Both teams are mirrors of each other. Are they not? Over is probably 110. 

Lindale could slow down and shorten the game with discipline and patience, but yeah, giving the ball to Jenkins and telling him not to try and score every time he touches the ball is kinda counter intuitive.

1 hour ago, LindalePride2002 said:

Lindale does a good job at stopping the run and has decent pass coverage. Coaching has been phenomenal this year as far as making adjustments. The players love each other and are very  disciplined. I know they are going to leave it all on the field Friday. 

Lindales strength is their offense.  Lindales O-line has been paving the way for Jordan Jenkins all year long. Sam Peterson at QB  is good enough to run the ball and has several receivers to connect with on the field.  I think this will be the best defense lindale has played. Lindale will keep them guessing and if you give Jenkins an inch you may as well give him 7 or 8 yards because he is a down hill runner who has a lot of yards after contact.  

LBJ linebackers were nonexistent against Miller.

20 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Lindale wins a shootout.   Lindale will stop LBJ just once and LBJ will not make Lindale punt.    

Lindale 60

LBJ 54

If Miller could get a few stops on LBJ, then I think Lindale will get more than one stop. 

I am not saying it will be low scoring, but I think Lindale has some guys on defense that can make a difference at the right times.