Lindale vs LBJ - State Semi-finals George Turner Stadium, Humble Tx @ 7:30

LindalePride2002

12 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Your best bet would be to read it to the town drunk, while he/she is in fact drunk. Drunks seem to understand other drunks better than sober people, so he/she might could translate the above rumble. 

Lol, I hear ya 

13 hours ago, Hagar said:

Suppose to be some bad weather Friday evening.   Which team, if either, will that adversely affect?

I would think it would negatively affect LBJ more. If it's raining I bet we see a heavy dose of Jenkins from Lindale.

Also, if it's not raining...I bet we see a heavy dose of Jenkins from Lindale (with enough passes thrown in to keep them off balance of course)

2 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I would think it would negatively affect LBJ more. If it's raining I bet we see a heavy dose of Jenkins from Lindale.

Also, if it's not raining...I bet we see a heavy dose of Jenkins from Lindale (with enough passes thrown in to keep them off balance of course)

LBJ does not fling it around. Bad weather helps their stout D IMO

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 8:35 AM, Gametyme said:

I'm a veteran and I support people peacefully protesting however they want. 

I am a veteran to  and I support people peacefully protesting however they want also, but I respect some like Jenkins that plays for the Eagles that is actually out in the community trying to make a difference. Kneeling to disrespect the flag to draw attention to a cause is kind of like praying in public. You want to be seen doing something good and righteous. If all you do is pray and kneel and your works don't support those actions. What are you really doing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TxBroadcaster said:

LBJ does not fling it around. Bad weather helps their stout D IMO

Not being obnoxious, as I know nothing about the LBJ Defense.  I read that the Miller QB got 278 yards rushing.  Since he did that, isn’t it possible Jenkins will run wild, or do you see them shutting him down?

Again, not being argumentative, just want your opinion.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Not being obnoxious, as I know nothing about the LBJ Defense.  I read the the Miller QB got 278 yards rushing.  Since he did that, isn’t it possible Jenkins will run wild, or do you see them shutting him down?

I completely agree. Jenkins will get plenty of yards in this game. It may be completely wrong but I honestly feel Lindale takes this game by at least 14

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

Not being obnoxious, as I know nothing about the LBJ Defense.  I read that the Miller QB got 278 yards rushing.  Since he did that, isn’t it possible Jenkins will run wild, or do you see them shutting him down?

Miller is a different beast as far as what they do offensively. They scored over 50 ten times this season..Over 60 nine times, over 70 five times and over 80 once. They spread the field and Body the QB has multiple options or he could run. They forced D to be spread thin and any missed tackle meant big yards. They also had a run game outside of him. Point is they could cut you 8 different ways a play. 

LBJ is a damn good D. They will be able to use their two D1 corners and man up on Lindale and use the rest of their D to work on controlling the run game. Lindale cannot be sloppy and it will not be a track meet IMO. 

1 hour ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Miller is a different beast as far as what they do offensively. They scored over 50 ten times this season..Over 60 nine times, over 70 five times and over 80 once. They spread the field and Body the QB has multiple options or he could run. They forced D to be spread thin and any missed tackle meant big yards. They also had a run game outside of him. Point is they could cut you 8 different ways a play. 

LBJ is a damn good D. They will be able to use their two D1 corners and man up on Lindale and use the rest of their D to work on controlling the run game. Lindale cannot be sloppy and it will not be a track meet IMO. 

I think there is a big difference in East Texas football than the Austin area in 4A. I may be wrong but I got Lindale wining this game by 10. I think that O line and running back for Lindale will punish the LBJ defense and wear them down by the fourth quarter. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I think there is a big difference in East Texas football than the Austin area in 4A. I may be wrong but I got Lindale wining this game by 10. I think that O line and running back for Lindale will punish the LBJ defense and wear them down by the fourth quarter. 

Absolutely 

Well, the last game LBJ played in was a track meet, beating Miller 59-54.   I bet if you put the over/under at 100, almost everyone would bet over.  Imho, you’ll have to outscore Lindale.   Their offense is going to put up points.

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You’re right about ETX>ATX when it comes to 4A but LBJ has traditionally been a 5A program and just dropped down this realignment. Their last two opponents were also drop downs from 5A in Calallen and CC Miller so they are battle tested against some really good teams. Lindale lost both their games to the best two teams on their schedule and have proven to be a TD better than Kilgore. I just think LBJ has a little too much for Lindale, LBJ by 10. 

7 minutes ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

You’re right about ETX>ATX when it comes to 4A but LBJ has traditionally been a 5A program and just dropped down this realignment. Their last two opponents were also drop downs from 5A in Calallen and CC Miller so they are battle tested against some really good teams. Lindale lost both their games to the best two teams on their schedule and have proven to be a TD better than Kilgore. I just think LBJ has a little too much for Lindale, LBJ by 10. 

Lindale beat Kilgore by 2 touchdowns last week and they only lost by one touchdown to Midlothian Heritage and Gilmer. They were also up by 3 touchdowns at the half on Gilmer and just had a horrible 3rd quarter to blow the lead. Both those games were also early in the season. I honestly see this game going in Lindale’s favor by at least 14

4 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Lindale beat Kilgore by 2 touchdowns last week and they only lost by one touchdown to Midlothian Heritage and Gilmer. They were also up by 3 touchdowns at the half on Gilmer and just had a horrible 3rd quarter to blow the lead. Both those games were also early in the season. I honestly see this game going in Lindale’s favor by at least 14

I think this game is going to be close either way. I just think the playmakers that LBJ has will be a little too much for Lindale. You think otherwise that’s fair. 

I agree with the close.  Both defenses have their hands full.   Although the RB’s & QB’s get the headlines, it’ll boil down to the lineman & LB’s.  Whichever teams D makes the crucial stops will probably win.  Lindale’s D might be porous, but they bow up when the chips are down.

Although not for defensive purists, this game will be the most exciting this week.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

Lindale also dropped down from 5A this realignment and is traditionally a 5A school.