Lindale vs LBJ - State Semi-finals George Turner Stadium, Humble Tx @ 7:30

LindalePride2002

I went to bed at midnight, then woke up  and watched the Livestream tape of this game.......just couldn't sleep, LOL.  Kudos to the Lindale D for a very valiant 2nd half of hard-nosed "in your face" football in the trenches.  I agree that the LBJ coaching staff needs to go look into the closest mirror after this one.......but Lindale's D had everything to do with making the stops in crunchtime to turn the tables on LBJ in this game that eventually led to this unbelieeevable comeback win.  It was a team effort for the Lindale Eagles......Jenkins was really impressive.  But in the end it took the whole team to make this dream season come true.  And they did just that on Friday night under the lights for all to see.  A tip of the hat to the Lindale Eagles and the Red Badge of Courage in the face of overwhelming adversity by halftime. That was some good stuff, for sure.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

IMO LBJ should have won by 21-28 points. That's how talented they are. Coach just screwed them more than multiple times out of a chance to win.

Agreed on all accounts. Disciplined vs. Undisciplined. Started as soon as teams walked on field. Willing to bet they’re blaming it in refs as well. Congrats Lindale. Finish it. 

17 minutes ago, justafan903 said:

Agreed on all accounts. Disciplined vs. Undisciplined. Started as soon as teams walked on field. Willing to bet they’re blaming it in refs as well. Congrats Lindale. Finish it. 

Seen some talk on Twitter 

The local NAACP has filed a complaint with the UIL following Friday's state semifinal game between the Lindale Eagles and the Austin LBJ Jaguars. 

The Eagles won the game 31-28, but the NAACP believes it was because of unfair officiating. 

The president of the Austin NAACP asked the UIL to postpone Friday's state championship game until an investigation can be completed, but the UIL said that's not going to happen. 

It was after the Friday Night lights turned off in Humble, that LBJ Jaguar coach Jahmal Fenner had a chance to look over video of his team's loss during the state semifinal game.

"It just drove it home for me that what I felt during the game, that something wasn't right. It just confirmed it for me," Fenner said. 

After the first half of the game, the Jaguars led 28 to 7.
In the second half, Fenner said officials called 16 penalties on the Jaguars, while ignoring all but two penalties made by the Eagles.
The Eagles went on to win by a field goal after an LBJ touchdown was called back. 

"I don't feel like my players and my team lost that game solely because we played bad or we made bad calls. Yes, some of that did take place, but the officials had took part in some of that as well," said Fenner. 

Dozens of parents and players are also convinced something was up. Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder said he received about 60 calls and letters regarding officials at the game.
Although the NAACP doesn't usually get involved in high school football, Linder said this time he felt it was necessary.

"It was definitely a racial issue. I got some calls about racial slurs, people being ugly, nasty, no doubt about it," said Linder. 

"I don't like being a sportscaster. I'm not good at that, but I do understand what's right, what's wrong, what's fair, what's unfair. This to me is very, very clear. This was ugly. It should never have occurred in any sport for these young people. These kids, their spirits have been broken," he added. 

Linder asked the UIL to take action prior to the state championship game, which the Eagles play in on Friday night.

"Look at the tapes. Look at some of the complaints. Check out the referee's background, make a decision. Postpone tomorrow night's game, replay the game, come up with a fair solution where the best team, the deserving team, plays in the state championship," Linder said.

The UIL responded in a statement to Fox 7 Austin that reads, "All officials are agreed upon by both parties in advance of a game and per the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules section 1204, a protest based on a game or contest official’s decision will not be considered.  

While the UIL will not be formally investigating this matter, The Texas Association of Sports Officials has a process for reporting rule misapplication by an official and investigating such reports."

The NAACP has since responded, "We will definitely pursue this process further. Of course, we were intent upon filing the complaint before tomorrow night's championship game. It was important to let the students know that we knew they were treated unfairly. We will now take our concerns to the Texas Association of Sports Officials.

It’s important that these kinds of incidents are exposed to the public. We will also consider possible legal actions."

Lindale athletics did not respond to requests for comment.

• Like 1

In the second half, Fenner said officials called 16 penalties on the Jaguars, while ignoring all but two penalties made by the Eagles.
The Eagles went on to win by a field goal after an LBJ touchdown was called back.

I may go back and watch this game just to identify all 16 penalties called on LBJ in the second half.  I know many were pre-snap penalties that are not subjective.

• Like 1

"Look at the tapes. Look at some of the complaints. Check out the referee's background, make a decision. Postpone tomorrow night's game, replay the game, come up with a fair solution where the best team, the deserving team, plays in the state championship," Linder said.

8 hours ago, LCM said:

The local NAACP has filed a complaint with the UIL following Friday's state semifinal game between the Lindale Eagles and the Austin LBJ Jaguars. 

The Eagles won the game 31-28, but the NAACP believes it was because of unfair officiating. 

The president of the Austin NAACP asked the UIL to postpone Friday's state championship game until an investigation can be completed, but the UIL said that's not going to happen. 

It was after the Friday Night lights turned off in Humble, that LBJ Jaguar coach Jahmal Fenner had a chance to look over video of his team's loss during the state semifinal game.

"It just drove it home for me that what I felt during the game, that something wasn't right. It just confirmed it for me," Fenner said. 

After the first half of the game, the Jaguars led 28 to 7.
In the second half, Fenner said officials called 16 penalties on the Jaguars, while ignoring all but two penalties made by the Eagles.
The Eagles went on to win by a field goal after an LBJ touchdown was called back. 

"I don't feel like my players and my team lost that game solely because we played bad or we made bad calls. Yes, some of that did take place, but the officials had took part in some of that as well," said Fenner. 

Dozens of parents and players are also convinced something was up. Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder said he received about 60 calls and letters regarding officials at the game.
Although the NAACP doesn't usually get involved in high school football, Linder said this time he felt it was necessary.

"It was definitely a racial issue. I got some calls about racial slurs, people being ugly, nasty, no doubt about it," said Linder. 

"I don't like being a sportscaster. I'm not good at that, but I do understand what's right, what's wrong, what's fair, what's unfair. This to me is very, very clear. This was ugly. It should never have occurred in any sport for these young people. These kids, their spirits have been broken," he added. 

Linder asked the UIL to take action prior to the state championship game, which the Eagles play in on Friday night.

The UIL responded in a statement to Fox 7 Austin that reads, "All officials are agreed upon by both parties in advance of a game and per the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules section 1204, a protest based on a game or contest official’s decision will not be considered.  

While the UIL will not be formally investigating this matter, The Texas Association of Sports Officials has a process for reporting rule misapplication by an official and investigating such reports."

The NAACP has since responded, "We will definitely pursue this process further. Of course, we were intent upon filing the complaint before tomorrow night's championship game. It was important to let the students know that we knew they were treated unfairly. We will now take our concerns to the Texas Association of Sports Officials.

It’s important that these kinds of incidents are exposed to the public. We will also consider possible legal actions."

Lindale athletics did not respond to requests for comment.

Pathetic

8 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Independent Fact checkers have labeled this as fake news: This has been disputed and LBJ is 4a D1 State Champion according to sources from Austin while the rest of the state laughs at their ridiculous stupidity and sore loser attitude. 

That's crazy for a team and even a coach to not accept the L. I thought I was a sore loser towards Henderson lol this guy/coach got me beat lol

• LOL! 1