The Smoakhouse Forums

Lindale vs LBJ - State Semi-finals George Turner Stadium, Humble Tx @ 7:30

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just got suspended from the Friday Football app for this post. Wow is all I can say

Thank you for posting and every word you wrote is true. 

What most people will take away from this game is that a far more talented LBJ team made way too many mistakes to put a pesky Lindale team away in the 2nd half. What most people will forget is that an

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, justafan903 said:

Agreed on all accounts. Disciplined vs. Undisciplined. Started as soon as teams walked on field. Willing to bet they’re blaming it in refs as well. Congrats Lindale. Finish it. 

Seen some talk on Twitter 

The local NAACP has filed a complaint with the UIL following Friday's state semifinal game between the Lindale Eagles and the Austin LBJ Jaguars. 

The Eagles won the game 31-28, but the NAACP believes it was because of unfair officiating. 

The president of the Austin NAACP asked the UIL to postpone Friday's state championship game until an investigation can be completed, but the UIL said that's not going to happen. 

It was after the Friday Night lights turned off in Humble, that LBJ Jaguar coach Jahmal Fenner had a chance to look over video of his team's loss during the state semifinal game.

"It just drove it home for me that what I felt during the game, that something wasn't right. It just confirmed it for me," Fenner said. 

After the first half of the game, the Jaguars led 28 to 7.
In the second half, Fenner said officials called 16 penalties on the Jaguars, while ignoring all but two penalties made by the Eagles.
The Eagles went on to win by a field goal after an LBJ touchdown was called back. 

"I don't feel like my players and my team lost that game solely because we played bad or we made bad calls. Yes, some of that did take place, but the officials had took part in some of that as well," said Fenner. 

Dozens of parents and players are also convinced something was up. Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder said he received about 60 calls and letters regarding officials at the game.
Although the NAACP doesn't usually get involved in high school football, Linder said this time he felt it was necessary.

"It was definitely a racial issue. I got some calls about racial slurs, people being ugly, nasty, no doubt about it," said Linder. 

"I don't like being a sportscaster. I'm not good at that, but I do understand what's right, what's wrong, what's fair, what's unfair. This to me is very, very clear. This was ugly. It should never have occurred in any sport for these young people. These kids, their spirits have been broken," he added. 

Linder asked the UIL to take action prior to the state championship game, which the Eagles play in on Friday night.

"Look at the tapes. Look at some of the complaints. Check out the referee's background, make a decision. Postpone tomorrow night's game, replay the game, come up with a fair solution where the best team, the deserving team, plays in the state championship," Linder said.

The UIL responded in a statement to Fox 7 Austin that reads, "All officials are agreed upon by both parties in advance of a game and per the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules section 1204, a protest based on a game or contest official’s decision will not be considered.  

While the UIL will not be formally investigating this matter, The Texas Association of Sports Officials has a process for reporting rule misapplication by an official and investigating such reports."

The NAACP has since responded, "We will definitely pursue this process further. Of course, we were intent upon filing the complaint before tomorrow night's championship game. It was important to let the students know that we knew they were treated unfairly. We will now take our concerns to the Texas Association of Sports Officials.

It’s important that these kinds of incidents are exposed to the public. We will also consider possible legal actions."

Lindale athletics did not respond to requests for comment.

• Like 1

In the second half, Fenner said officials called 16 penalties on the Jaguars, while ignoring all but two penalties made by the Eagles.
The Eagles went on to win by a field goal after an LBJ touchdown was called back.

I may go back and watch this game just to identify all 16 penalties called on LBJ in the second half.  I know many were pre-snap penalties that are not subjective.

• Like 1

"Look at the tapes. Look at some of the complaints. Check out the referee's background, make a decision. Postpone tomorrow night's game, replay the game, come up with a fair solution where the best team, the deserving team, plays in the state championship," Linder said.

8 hours ago, LCM said:

The local NAACP has filed a complaint with the UIL following Friday's state semifinal game between the Lindale Eagles and the Austin LBJ Jaguars. 

The Eagles won the game 31-28, but the NAACP believes it was because of unfair officiating. 

The president of the Austin NAACP asked the UIL to postpone Friday's state championship game until an investigation can be completed, but the UIL said that's not going to happen. 

It was after the Friday Night lights turned off in Humble, that LBJ Jaguar coach Jahmal Fenner had a chance to look over video of his team's loss during the state semifinal game.

"It just drove it home for me that what I felt during the game, that something wasn't right. It just confirmed it for me," Fenner said. 

After the first half of the game, the Jaguars led 28 to 7.
In the second half, Fenner said officials called 16 penalties on the Jaguars, while ignoring all but two penalties made by the Eagles.
The Eagles went on to win by a field goal after an LBJ touchdown was called back. 

"I don't feel like my players and my team lost that game solely because we played bad or we made bad calls. Yes, some of that did take place, but the officials had took part in some of that as well," said Fenner. 

Dozens of parents and players are also convinced something was up. Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder said he received about 60 calls and letters regarding officials at the game.
Although the NAACP doesn't usually get involved in high school football, Linder said this time he felt it was necessary.

"It was definitely a racial issue. I got some calls about racial slurs, people being ugly, nasty, no doubt about it," said Linder. 

"I don't like being a sportscaster. I'm not good at that, but I do understand what's right, what's wrong, what's fair, what's unfair. This to me is very, very clear. This was ugly. It should never have occurred in any sport for these young people. These kids, their spirits have been broken," he added. 

Linder asked the UIL to take action prior to the state championship game, which the Eagles play in on Friday night.

The UIL responded in a statement to Fox 7 Austin that reads, "All officials are agreed upon by both parties in advance of a game and per the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules section 1204, a protest based on a game or contest official’s decision will not be considered.  

While the UIL will not be formally investigating this matter, The Texas Association of Sports Officials has a process for reporting rule misapplication by an official and investigating such reports."

The NAACP has since responded, "We will definitely pursue this process further. Of course, we were intent upon filing the complaint before tomorrow night's championship game. It was important to let the students know that we knew they were treated unfairly. We will now take our concerns to the Texas Association of Sports Officials.

It’s important that these kinds of incidents are exposed to the public. We will also consider possible legal actions."

Lindale athletics did not respond to requests for comment.

Pathetic

8 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Independent Fact checkers have labeled this as fake news: This has been disputed and LBJ is 4a D1 State Champion according to sources from Austin while the rest of the state laughs at their ridiculous stupidity and sore loser attitude. 

That's crazy for a team and even a coach to not accept the L. I thought I was a sore loser towards Henderson lol this guy/coach got me beat lol

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

They represent the right town . Not surprised at this. This is worse than Lampasas last Year. I believe same district right lol.

What did Lampasas do last year? 

53 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I would like to know that myself

the Semifinal championship game. The badgers have taken on the Carthage Bulldogs. In the final seconds before the the 2nd half. Carthage makes a interception and then runs into the end zone for a touchdown. 
 On that play the Bulldogs have a key player #32 run out of bounds and then run back into bounds to make a key block against Lampasas quarterback.

Their has been multiple missed calls in this game on both sides. The refs were also spotted cheering with the Carthage Bulldog fans and players. The state of Texas and fans of football all around deserve better.

They deserve to have Lampasas vs Carthage again this time with better refs and people who can call the game evenly down the line. This game was a close one 42-49 in the final 13 seconds. This needs to be examined by the UIL and the Badgers should petition for a rematch clause against the Bulldogs as they have not been this far in 33 years

This is unfair to the city of Lampasas and Carthage as it was not a fair game with refs calling down one side.

We are petitioning the UIL to strip Carthage of this win and make a rematch with good refs that will call it evenly. Our Texas High School Football players deserve better. Sign this petition and send it to the UNIVERSITY INTERSCHOLASTIC LEAGUE FOR REVIEW OF THE ENTIRE GAME! 

Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

the Semifinal championship game. The badgers have taken on the Carthage Bulldogs. In the final seconds before the the 2nd half. Carthage makes a interception and then runs into the end zone for a touchdown. 
 On that play the Bulldogs have a key player #32 run out of bounds and then run back into bounds to make a key block against Lampasas quarterback.

Their has been multiple missed calls in this game on both sides. The refs were also spotted cheering with the Carthage Bulldog fans and players. The state of Texas and fans of football all around deserve better.

They deserve to have Lampasas vs Carthage again this time with better refs and people who can call the game evenly down the line. This game was a close one 42-49 in the final 13 seconds. This needs to be examined by the UIL and the Badgers should petition for a rematch clause against the Bulldogs as they have not been this far in 33 years

This is unfair to the city of Lampasas and Carthage as it was not a fair game with refs calling down one side.

We are petitioning the UIL to strip Carthage of this win and make a rematch with good refs that will call it evenly. Our Texas High School Football players deserve better. Sign this petition and send it to the UNIVERSITY INTERSCHOLASTIC LEAGUE FOR REVIEW OF THE ENTIRE GAME! 

I believe they had death threats or something to that nature. 

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Lost a nail biter to Carthage. 

This.  Folks just need to ignore this LBJ whine rant. More cuckoo from austin,  no more no less.  Just skimmed through the article about this and stopped reading it at "the refs are agreed upon by BOTH schools before the game."  Now that they lost,  they're whining about "refs backgrounds."  Time to move along.  Congrats again Lindale on a great season!

3 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Wow, I never heard about that last year. Ridiculous though. 

Video of a Lampasas player cheap shot on Carthage’s 77 floating around. I have the play on my phone but won’t let me upload. Could of tore every L in the Carthage players knee. Looked like he actually tried to. 

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Video of a Lampasas player cheap shot on Carthage’s 77 floating around. I have the play on my phone but won’t let me upload. Could of tore every L in the Carthage players knee. Looked like he actually tried to. 

I do remember seeing that. Made me a little sick to my stomach. Sometimes kids hit late, but that one looked absolutely intentional. 

On 12/12/2020 at 8:45 PM, regaleagle said:

The natural talent at inner city schools in Texas is off the charts, but the learning curve is too.  It's very difficult to attract good coaches that will stay and build the program.

+1...I’ll go as far to say (with a ton of confidence) that an inner city school will never win another state title in football. They’ve just got so many things going against them