The Smoakhouse Forums

Lindale vs LBJ - State Semi-finals George Turner Stadium, Humble Tx @ 7:30

54 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

The mods are pretty useless over there. You probably got reported from some snowflakes . How long did they say? 

It doesn’t specify a length of time. It just shows my account is on probation and I can’t post or respond to anything. 

• Sad 1
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just got suspended from the Friday Football app for this post. Wow is all I can say

Thank you for posting and every word you wrote is true. 

What most people will take away from this game is that a far more talented LBJ team made way too many mistakes to put a pesky Lindale team away in the 2nd half. What most people will forget is that an

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

The suspension is a blessing as the chat there is filled with absolute garbage for users.  I try to only use it to check scores, but then I get tempted to check the chat for a little context on what exactly is happening in the game.  I am going to ban myself from the chat. lol

Lol no joke 

Suppose to be some bad weather Friday evening.   Which team, if either, will that adversely affect?

3 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Lindale got the RB weather really get to the passing game unless you catch fumbleidous.

Can anyone translate this?

6 minutes ago, JETT said:

Can anyone translate this?

Your best bet would be to read it to the town drunk, while he/she is in fact drunk. Drunks seem to understand other drunks better than sober people, so he/she might could translate the above rumble. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

Your best bet would be to read it to the town drunk, while he/she is in fact drunk. Drunks seem to understand other drunks better than sober people, so he/she might could translate the above rumble. 

I channeling my inner power lifter 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I channeling my inner power lifter 

I was thinking the same thought...😜

12 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Lol, I hear ya 

Imo, this games going to be a track meet.   If you have to leave one person at home, leave the punter.  😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Hagar said:

Suppose to be some bad weather Friday evening.   Which team, if either, will that adversely affect?

I would think it would negatively affect LBJ more. If it's raining I bet we see a heavy dose of Jenkins from Lindale.

Also, if it's not raining...I bet we see a heavy dose of Jenkins from Lindale (with enough passes thrown in to keep them off balance of course)

2 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I would think it would negatively affect LBJ more. If it's raining I bet we see a heavy dose of Jenkins from Lindale.

Also, if it's not raining...I bet we see a heavy dose of Jenkins from Lindale (with enough passes thrown in to keep them off balance of course)

LBJ does not fling it around. Bad weather helps their stout D IMO

• Like 1
On 12/8/2020 at 8:35 AM, Gametyme said:

I'm a veteran and I support people peacefully protesting however they want. 

I am a veteran to  and I support people peacefully protesting however they want also, but I respect some like Jenkins that plays for the Eagles that is actually out in the community trying to make a difference. Kneeling to disrespect the flag to draw attention to a cause is kind of like praying in public. You want to be seen doing something good and righteous. If all you do is pray and kneel and your works don't support those actions. What are you really doing.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TxBroadcaster said:

LBJ does not fling it around. Bad weather helps their stout D IMO

Not being obnoxious, as I know nothing about the LBJ Defense.  I read that the Miller QB got 278 yards rushing.  Since he did that, isn’t it possible Jenkins will run wild, or do you see them shutting him down?

Again, not being argumentative, just want your opinion.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Not being obnoxious, as I know nothing about the LBJ Defense.  I read the the Miller QB got 278 yards rushing.  Since he did that, isn’t it possible Jenkins will run wild, or do you see them shutting him down?

I completely agree. Jenkins will get plenty of yards in this game. It may be completely wrong but I honestly feel Lindale takes this game by at least 14

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Hagar said:

Not being obnoxious, as I know nothing about the LBJ Defense.  I read that the Miller QB got 278 yards rushing.  Since he did that, isn’t it possible Jenkins will run wild, or do you see them shutting him down?

Miller is a different beast as far as what they do offensively. They scored over 50 ten times this season..Over 60 nine times, over 70 five times and over 80 once. They spread the field and Body the QB has multiple options or he could run. They forced D to be spread thin and any missed tackle meant big yards. They also had a run game outside of him. Point is they could cut you 8 different ways a play. 

LBJ is a damn good D. They will be able to use their two D1 corners and man up on Lindale and use the rest of their D to work on controlling the run game. Lindale cannot be sloppy and it will not be a track meet IMO. 

1 hour ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Miller is a different beast as far as what they do offensively. They scored over 50 ten times this season..Over 60 nine times, over 70 five times and over 80 once. They spread the field and Body the QB has multiple options or he could run. They forced D to be spread thin and any missed tackle meant big yards. They also had a run game outside of him. Point is they could cut you 8 different ways a play. 

LBJ is a damn good D. They will be able to use their two D1 corners and man up on Lindale and use the rest of their D to work on controlling the run game. Lindale cannot be sloppy and it will not be a track meet IMO. 

I think there is a big difference in East Texas football than the Austin area in 4A. I may be wrong but I got Lindale wining this game by 10. I think that O line and running back for Lindale will punish the LBJ defense and wear them down by the fourth quarter. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I think there is a big difference in East Texas football than the Austin area in 4A. I may be wrong but I got Lindale wining this game by 10. I think that O line and running back for Lindale will punish the LBJ defense and wear them down by the fourth quarter. 

Absolutely 

Well, the last game LBJ played in was a track meet, beating Miller 59-54.   I bet if you put the over/under at 100, almost everyone would bet over.  Imho, you’ll have to outscore Lindale.   Their offense is going to put up points.