Carthage vs Wimberley

HearEmaGrowlin

Friday, 7:30 in New Caney

Wimberley got past Navarro and Carthage slid past China Spring. 
Wimberley has a big RB who likes contact and a pretty solid QB. 
This is the first time Carthage and Wimberley have ever played so I don’t know what to expect except to say Wimberley has been to the big dance so being in the semifinals against Carthage will not be too big a stage for Wimberley emotionally or psychologically.

I did watch some of the Fredericksburg at Wimberley and Kennedale at Wimberley games from earlier this season. 
I really like the setting of the Texans’ stadium and I love how they come down that hill. The stadium is really neat and I like Wimberley’s uniforms and colors. 
I understand none of the stadium stuff has anything to do with the game, but just enjoyed seeing football being played in a different part of the state and the setting of the stadium, etc.

Thinking Carthage will play disciplined football all the way around, all three phases. I’m thinking Carthage will out scheme and out athlete Wimberley and win by about the same margin as they did versus China Spring.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Friday, 7:30 in New Caney

Wimberley got past Navarro and Carthage slid past China Spring. 
Wimberley has a big RB who likes contact and a pretty solid QB. 
This is the first time Carthage and Wimberley have ever played so I don’t know what to expect except to say Wimberley has been to the big dance so being in the semifinals against Carthage will not be too big a stage for Wimberley emotionally or psychologically.

I did watch some of the Fredericksburg at Wimberley and Kennedale at Wimberley games from earlier this season. 
I really like the setting of the Texans’ stadium and I love how they come down that hill. The stadium is really neat and I like Wimberley’s uniforms and colors. 
I understand none of the stadium stuff has anything to do with the game, but just enjoyed seeing football being played in a different part of the state and the setting of the stadium, etc.

Thinking Carthage will play disciplined football all the way around, all three phases. I’m thinking Carthage will out scheme and out athlete Wimberley and win by about the same margin as they did versus China Spring.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

As much as I hate to say it, this one looks like another 49-14 type game based on what I have seen.  🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I could be completely wrong but just watching highlights and film from Wimberly I was not overly impressed by anything. I know they must be in the semi final for a reason, but I think this is going to be another blowout win for Carthage.

Region 4 not very talented this year.

I watched the Wimberley vs Fredericksburg game on YouTube. Wimberley has some decent size kids on both lines, but I don't see them winning the battle up front. The rest of the Wimberley defense looks like a bunch of Jr High kids and a few of them play both ways, they will be gassed by 3rd quarter. The RB, #17, is a good physical runner but our LBs should be able to tackle him in space. Wimberley showed a lot of different formations and ran several different plays from them, it will good to see Carthage play a more balanced team. I think Carthage wins 49 to 14. Go Dawgs!!

• Like 1

Region 4 in D-2 hasn't had a good team for a long time except for one year with Cuero.  The very next year Cuero was back to normal again.  In fact, Cuero seems to always be the one team in Region 4 that can win a semifinal.......and it's years in between, or a decade. Still waiting for Navarro or Wimberley or somebody to rise up with a really good team down there.  Navasota dropped down to Division 2 in Region 4 now........maybe they can be the one.  

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Region 4 in D-2 hasn't had a good team for a long time except for one year with Cuero.  The very next year Cuero was back to normal again.  In fact, Cuero seems to always be the one team in Region 4 that can win a semifinal.......and it's years in between, or a decade. Still waiting for Navarro or Wimberley or somebody to rise up with a really good team down there.  Navasota dropped down to Division 2 in Region 4 now........maybe they can be the one.  

Not really sure how Wimberley would contend against Gilmer either.......maybe a good game against Graham in Region 1.  

Here we go...I see Carthage playing down this week,Wimberley aint levaga or argyle,Carthage ain't getting up for wreckage this week..Dawgs win but in just a workman style game,Surratt ain't showing nuthin but basics before Jerry's world...stay healthy and play just enough to get to the dance...then flat shows out...chain out ✌️

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’m seeing Wimberley is going to have massive problems with the Carthage front 7. I bet it leads to two Carthage interceptions. 
Looks to me like Courtney is going to have another massive rushing yardage and touchdowns night. 

Hoping the game is out of reach by halftime.

This totally goes against what I said last week but I must admit, the blowout win was pretty entertaining to me. I see and hope for a repeat this week.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

This totally goes against what I said last week but I must admit, the blowout win was pretty entertaining to me. I see and hope for a repeat this week.

I love seeing the Bulldogs leave zero doubt about who is the better team. It also keeps the opposing fans from pointing to any calls by the refs that may not have gone their way as being the reason they lost.

In the CS game there were a few calls that seemed to go Carthage’s way in the first half. A butt whipping of 52-14 gives the coaches and fans of the opposition no leg to stand on in saying one or two flags or lack there of during the game is why they lost.

My favorite domination by the Dawgs was last season’s state championship win over La Vega. They had a starting LB out due to injury, but the thumping the Bulldogs put on them shuts down any talk about an injury being the cause for the loss.

19 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Here we go...I see Carthage playing down this week,Wimberley aint levaga or argyle,Carthage ain't getting up for wreckage this week..Dawgs win but in just a workman style game,Surratt ain't showing nuthin but basics before Jerry's world...stay healthy and play just enough to get to the dance...then flat shows out...chain out ✌️

Truth!!!!

19 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

You don’t know Scott Surratt(Little Belichick) very well. He is just like his high school coach Rhodney Russell....while the game is close, his  playbook is wide open. 
The more plays the next team sees, the more they have to prepare for.