Carthage vs Wimberley

HearEmaGrowlin

22 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage defense was great again tonight. 
Zero first downs allowed in the first half and outside that one broken coverage TD pass by Wimberley, the Dawgs were pretty phenomenal. 

-14 yard rushing for the game is what I heard....That's just insane for a semifinal playoff game.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

-14 yard rushing for the game is what I heard....That's just insane for a semifinal playoff game.

Really good rush defense......In regards to the Negative 14, those bad snaps probably cost them 20 yards on the rushing totals..... might have been positive yards without those. 
The 3 down lineman on defense didn’t pressure the QB on passing plays all that well(by their standards) but dang sure played the run well.  

2 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Really good rush defense......In regards to the Negative 14, those bad snaps probably cost them 20 yards on the rushing totals..... might have been positive yards without those. 
The 3 down lineman on defense didn’t pressure the QB on passing plays all that well(by their standards) but dang sure played the run well.  

So,  if they hadn't had the bad snaps,  they may have gained one first down's worth of yards rushing.  I think what makes this years Dawgs D stand out is that not only do they shut down the run,  they shut down the pass as well.  Yeah,  they gave up that one TD on a busted coverage but Wimbo tried to throw the ball all night,  and failed.  Our secondary is basically a bunch of receivers playing the ball back there,  which may make this our overall best defense ever.  Before 2020 I would've ranked our best D's as follows: 1) 2009 2) 2017.... 2020 may be better than both because of that secondary.  We'll know for sure after next week.  It's fitting that the offense that has scored the most points on our starting D, even if it was only 14, will be playing us for all the marbles next week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage defense was great again tonight. 
Zero first downs allowed in the first half and outside that one broken coverage TD pass by Wimberley, the Dawgs were pretty phenomenal. 

That first Goal Line Stand by Preston’s Gladiators set the tone for the rest of this contest; I mean, That HAD to have had a psychological effect on Wimberley’s Offensive Line... So Close & yet, So Far...🤨😜👌

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

That first Goal Line Stand by Preston’s Gladiators set the tone for the rest of this contest; I mean, That HAD to have had a psychological effect on Wimberley’s Offensive Line... So Close & yet, So Far...🤨😜👌

Wimberly was so fired up (rightfully so) after stopping Carthage on that first 4th down. After they were shut down from prime scoring position it just seemed like the wind was completely let out of their sails.

• Thanks 1

Wimberley gave it their all for sure. It must be hard to put forth that much effort for 7 points, the defense did pretty good against our offensive line. Wimberley's little Jr High sized boys tackled pretty good, good speed to the ball. Dawgs will get ready for next week, and win #8! Go Dawgs!! 

11 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

It would be an absolute Honor, seeing as I am currently in Exile from the Political side of things for a little while!🙄🤬 What Else am I gonna do? 😜

Lol it's probably for the best.  Not much more to be said at this point.  Time to plan and act accordingly.

• Thanks 1