A&M Consolidated (8-2) vs. Pine Tree (8-1-1)...7pm Friday at Pirate Stadium... Longview

RandyJohnson

2 hours ago, Lobo1111 said:

Congrats PT, little brother gets first playoff win in years. RJ you were a little rough on those refs, tonight. Lol!

A little rough?? You could say that as the officials ARE paid to perform.

They pretty much nearly ruined what was a really great game between two teams that deserved much better...it was that igregious !

Congratulations to Coach Lane and the Pirates for overcoming adversity to advance !

R.J.

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2020 at 11:53 PM, RandyJohnson said:

It should be noted that while Consolidated has tradition and great coaching BUT they STILL have to go on their longest trip away from home...quite possibly farther than they've ever had to travel...at least in recent memory.

I think 9-5A will gain a split with Texas High and Pine Tree advancing.

R.J.

I think I got this right and the homefield advantage for Pine Tree was on of the keys for tonight's outcome !

Congratulations to the Pirates !

R.J.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Coach Lane and the Pine Tree Pirates!!  For me, as an alumnus and a “loved the game but was never good enough to start”former player, this was a long time coming. 

I heard Coach Lane speak a couple of years ago, and he credited Alan Metzel for becoming a football coach. He talked about the impact Coach Metzel had in his life as a player and as a man. It reminded me of what is so great about high school football. Coaches have an AMAZING impact on the young people they coach. 

Again, congratulations to the Pirates!!

• Like 1

Congratulations, Pine Tree Pirates for knocking off this School that defeated The Carthage Bulldogs in the Astrodome for the 1991 State Championship. 
Ironically, That team was Coached by Everette “ Sleepy” Reynolds, who was once a Pine Tree Coach. That Carthage Team walked into the Astrodome with a 15-0 record, but fell to A&M Consolidated. That was a long sad drive home afterward.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lobo1111 said:

Congrats PT, little brother gets first playoff win in years. RJ you were a little rough on those refs, tonight. Lol!

It just dawned on me who you are...lol !

Thanks for pointing that out RL...BUT if you were actually in the Stadium you'd realize everyone in blue and gold felt the very same.

I"ll to do better next time... hopefully there won't be a next time to be honest. Yikes !!

RJ

• Like 1