16-3A Boys Basketball

Sportsjunkiee

Tatum beat top 10 Atlanta 62-51 or something like that. Was down 29-25 at half. Led 51-33 after three. Collins is good but I don’t think he’s best in Texas good. After he went off in the first half Tatum put a 5’9 guy on him and he was beyond frustrated. 

Overall pretty good game. Could of been better had the refs had even the slightest of clues. Wanna say close to 40/45 total fouls called (3 players fouled out), four technicals and about 300 fans thrown out. 

On a side note, ATL had to have had players missing because they were only 6 1/2 deep. 

1 hour ago, Texlov said:

All I know about 3A ball in Texas is that Daimion Collins is the best player in 3A. He's one of the three best players I've seen in the Texarkana area, and we're talking about the last 50 years.

He’s pretty good. Nightmare when they have him at point. But he wasn’t the best player in the court today in Tatum. 

11 hours ago, Texlov said:

Wasn't at Tatum, but scouts have told me nobody in 3A that comes close. I'm sure Tatum has a better team. Put Collins on Tatum and you've got a state championship.

I would agree with the addition of Collins would put Tatum over the top.  Tatum put their little scrappy ones on him and stripped him several times or caused him to turn the ball over.  Tatum's Boyd was the standout Saturday....add three inches to him and nobody in 3A would be close.

On 12/12/2020 at 3:45 PM, Eagleborn said:

Tatum beat top 10 Atlanta 62-51 or something like that. Was down 29-25 at half. Led 51-33 after three. Collins is good but I don’t think he’s best in Texas good. After he went off in the first half Tatum put a 5’9 guy on him and he was beyond frustrated. 

Overall pretty good game. Could of been better had the refs had even the slightest of clues. Wanna say close to 40/45 total fouls called (3 players fouled out), four technicals and about 300 fans thrown out. 

On a side note, ATL had to have had players missing because they were only 6 1/2 deep. 

I’ve seen Collins a couple times and he is overanked in my opinion. He’s committed to Kentucky and number 2 recruit in the state of Texas. 
Great player, but seems way too high. A player of the caliber should be be dominating and taking over games and be able to beat almost every 3A team, but that’s not the case. 
They’ll prob get bounced round 2 or so 

3 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

I’ve seen Collins a couple times and he is overanked in my opinion. He’s committed to Kentucky and number 2 recruit in the state of Texas. 
Great player, but seems way too high. A player of the caliber should be be dominating and taking over games and be able to beat almost every 3A team, but that’s not the case. 
They’ll prob get bounced round 2 or so 

He more than holds his own against real basketball players during AAU season. 

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

He more than holds his own against real basketball players during AAU season. 

He more than holds his own in 3A too but the number 2 recruit in Texas should be dominating. Aau might be “real basketball players” but it’s not real basketball 

I think Collins is the #2 recruit because of his skill set for his size, his length, and he jumps so well and gets off the floor so quickly.  I also think it's hard for him to dominate offensively at the HS level because of his lack of strength and the limited skills of his teammates.  I do think he can dominate HS games defensively.  His game is definitely complemented when he is on the court with more skilled players so I believe this is part of the reason for being ranked so high.

• Like 1