Argyle Eagles vs Canyon Eagles: State Semifinal D-1

regaleagle

Surprise, Surprise!!!  Canyon's defense has 35 sacks on the year in 13 games and 20 interceptions.......while Argyle's defense has only 24 sacks and 16 interceptions in 14 games this season.   Argyle's offense has scored 96 TD's while Canyon's offense has scored 61 in one game less for the season.

Today is a special day for Coach Rodgers and his staff.  It's been a long journey of heartbreaks and good quality football teams for 4 straight seasons that could not make it to this game for one reason or another.  IF Argyle had.......maybe they would have gone on to win another SC title.  They've had some really good teams in those seasons, too........but got derailed on their way to the Big Dance. It's like you had a hot date to the prom but at the last minute something unexpected happened and you ended up staying at home on your big night of celebration instead of being where you belonged.  NO BROKEN DATE THIS YEAR for Argyle........It's the biggest Gameday in 5 years for  Coach Rodgers and the Eagles.

I'ma thinkin' some breakfast tacos this morning........I make em myself.  Some Jimmy Dean Sage w/cut-up onion(minced) thrown in late in the process not to burn the onion......then some scrambled eggs with diced nacho slices of La Costena jalapenos in them poured over the top.......that's all you need right there.  Sometimes I also take my kitchen shears and cut up some slices of bacon and throw them in with the sausage too.......but you hafta start w/the bacon and throw the sausage in next after about  5 min. for it all to end up done right.  Then some flour tortillas in the oven at 450.......they puff up in about a minute and you grab them. I throw in 2 at a time and pull them out and onto a platter........fill them both with the skillet mixture folded in half moons, and then throw in two more til the mixture is all used up.......usually about 6 tacos.  Whatever is left over is good for the next day.  Then your favorite salsa in the tacos. Pretty good stuff. Sometimes I peel and cube up one potatoe and par-boil it for about 5 minutes in a separate pan, then throw some butter on top and let the water evaporate down to almost nothing.  By this time the sausage/bacon/onion mixture in the other pan is ready to pour over the potatoes.  Then the egg mixture on top.  Even put some shredded cheese on top of this right when the eggs are coming together.  There's different variations you can try, but it's all good!!

7 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I'ma thinkin' some breakfast tacos this morning........I make em myself.  Some Jimmy Dean Sage w/cut-up onion(minced) thrown in late in the process not to burn the onion......then some scrambled eggs with diced nacho slices of La Costena jalapenos in them poured over the top.......that's all you need right there.  Sometimes I also take my kitchen shears and cut up some slices of bacon and throw them in with the sausage too.......but you hafta start w/the bacon and throw the sausage in next after about  5 min. for it all to end up done right.  Then some flour tortillas in the oven at 450.......they puff up in about a minute and you grab them. I throw in 2 at a time and pull them out and onto a platter........fill them both with the skillet mixture folded in half moons, and then throw in two more til the mixture is all used up.......usually about 6 tacos.  Whatever is left over is good for the next day.  Then your favorite salsa in the tacos. Pretty good stuff. Sometimes I peel and cube up one potatoe and par-boil it for about 5 minutes in a separate pan, then throw some butter on top and let the water evaporate down to almost nothing.  By this time the sausage/bacon/onion mixture in the other pan is ready to pour over the potatoes.  Then the egg mixture on top.  Even put some shredded cheese on top of this right when the eggs are coming together.  There's different variations you can try, but it's all good!!

Here's a tip:  Pour some of the jalapeno juice into the eggs, add a little water or milk, and the diced nacho slices to make the scrambled eggs taste even better.

Okay......this morning I went for the whole nellie, except for the cheese on top.  I did the potato, bacon, sausage, green onion, jalapeno breakfast tacos.  Five eggs scrambled w/jalapeno juice and milk made 7 hefty breakfast tacos.  I'll eat 2 or 3, then put the rest in the fridge for whenever I want them.  I won't eat a lunch today, but most probably a meal right before the 4 pm Gunter/Canadian tilt.  Then Argyle follows right after this game at 7:30.

7 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Okay......this morning I went for the whole nellie, except for the cheese on top.  I did the potato, bacon, sausage, green onion, jalapeno breakfast tacos.  Five eggs scrambled w/jalapeno juice and milk made 7 hefty breakfast tacos.  I'll eat 2 or 3, then put the rest in the fridge for whenever I want them.  I won't eat a lunch today, but most probably a meal right before the 4 pm Gunter/Canadian tilt.  Then Argyle follows right after this game at 7:30.

Regal, know of any attorney's positions open in DFW?

Rooting for my Argyle Eagles— I remember when CJ Rogers was just a little tike getting under all our feet and chasing down footballs for us. All grow’d up now— 6’2 Senior QB. Pretty good from what I hear, too—although I don’t think he’s the caliber of former QB JJ Harp. Lots of talent finding its way to Argyle from surrounding powerhouses like South Lake, Flower Mound, Marcus and Denton Guyer. 

On 12/9/2020 at 11:19 PM, regaleagle said:

This game will be the 2nd game in a double-header at ACU's Wildcat Stadium in Abilene on Friday night at 7:30.   Gunter vs Canadian will headline the first game at 4 PM.  You can see both games on NFHS.......or in person.

I guess no stream for the Argyle game??

2 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

So no NFHS??

Not sure yet........they made a mistake on the lineup.  But the announcer on NFHS just said that the next game between Argyle and Canyon would be coming up in about an hour.  Don't know if this guy is with NFHS, though........he didn't elaborate further.

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle Sports Twitter says that Texan Live own the rights to this game......so looks like you have to pay 7.95 to see this game tonight unless you already have  bought a season pass from Texan Live. 

Okay thanks.I think Argyle should have no problem tonight if they just Play their game.

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Oh there will be some problems for sure........Argyle will just need to go out and solve those problems.......like they do every week.  ;)  :rofl::rofl:    

But it's not a laughing matter........the west Texas teams have been showing up in these games.