Over 3000 In One Day Dead From Covid

BarryLaverty

I work at one of the hospitals in Longview.

As of Thursday.......we had 98 confirmed covid positive patients in the hospital.  8 other patients are under investigation and 18 total patients are on ventilators (not all COVID). 

I didn't get to see the numbers for Friday.

I haven't the foggiest idea what the hospital a few blocks down the road is doing.  

But those are some local numbers just to put all this into perspective.

The system is stressed and stretched locally.... but we are still hanging in there for now. 

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I work at one of the hospitals in Longview.

As of Thursday.......we had 98 confirmed covid positive patients in the hospital.  8 other patients are under investigation and 18 total patients are on ventilators (not all COVID). 

I didn't get to see the numbers for Friday.

I haven't the foggiest idea what the hospital a few blocks down the road is doing.  

But those are some local numbers just to put all this into perspective.

The system is stressed and stretched locally.... but we are still hanging in there for now. 

Good shepherd? Heard regional wasn’t even taking any. So that might be all of Longview’s numbers. Which, really isn’t that bad. 

22 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Good shepherd? Heard regional wasn’t even taking any. So that might be all of Longview’s numbers. Which, really isn’t that bad. 

Both are definitely admitting COVID patients. I’ve had friends/family at both.  

I would expect LRMC’s to be about half. But that’s a total guess on my part to be honest. 

The hospital as a whole is OK.  The problem is lack of ICU beds, which is staying full.  

Speaking as an RN..... we are ready for the vaccine.  We are ready for things to flatten.

We are ready for this to end

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 5:45 PM, PepeSilvia said:

Real up until this year is exactly my point. I wonder what could’ve happened this year that would make a huge change on the projection

I looked for some real numbers, and as I stated all of the number of deaths have not been fully tallied yet.  This article was published in October.  https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/health/coronavirus/verify-comparing-the-number-of-total-deaths-in-the-united-states-across-years/501-2aacbd08-466a-4d17-8452-e059df9aa6f3 .  At the time of it's publishing there had been a total of 2.39 million Americans that had died so far.  In 2018 there was a total of 2.83 million deaths and in 2019 there were 2.84 million.  They are projecting 710,000 total deaths from October to December 31, 2020.  However, projections are worthless until the final counts are tallied.  I would like to see what the final tally is.  Let's say for instance just for fun that by the end of December there are 350,000 total deaths from the Wuhan.  The Wuhan would account for 12.4% of all deaths in the United States.  We simply won't truly know until next year, and I'm sure the U.N. will adjust their projections which still won't be accurate, because we don't know how well the vaccine will work.  

12 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Both are definitely admitting COVID patients. I’ve had friends/family at both.  

I would expect LRMC’s to be about half. But that’s a total guess on my part to be honest. 

The hospital as a whole is OK.  The problem is lack of ICU beds, which is staying full.  

Speaking as an RN..... we are ready for the vaccine.  We are ready for things to flatten.

We are ready for this to end

I've already heard that many nurses have been quitting in recent months at Longview Regional hospital, and that they have visiting nurses that are making $140 an hour.  That is upsetting many of the workers that are at the hospital, because they have not seen a pay increase.  My friend that works there tested positive for the Wuhan, and they wouldn't allow her to have sick pay.  I'm unsure if she had already used up her time earlier in the year, but I still think they should have been paid, since it was basically an on the job injury/illness.  

There’s no doubt in my mind that people are getting sick with Covid, but I do question the number of deaths.   Imo, the numbers reflect how many people died with Covid, not how many died of Covid.

Another strange thing.  CDC data shows total number of deaths for 2018, but not for 2019.   Perhaps I’m just too inept to know how to pull it up, or perhaps the CDC is too inept to count deaths in 2019.  I’m trying to “follow the science”, but I have little faith in it, or at least in their ability to disseminate information if it doesn’t fit their agenda.

68AA3A52-9B63-448F-9863-E8927E5B1FFA.jpeg

• Like 1