State Rep. Files Bill to Gut Texas’ Castle Doctrine

RETIREDFAN1

Only a Communist would want to repel the Castle Doctrine.  Even if it was repelled, and somebody broke in my house they're dead.  She's basically saying that even if the 2nd amendment was ever repelled that criminals would still have guns, and law abiding citizens that would be dumb enough to turn in their guns would be defenseless. Rapes, robberies, and murders would skyrocket.  

35 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Not having a gun in my house for most of my life, somehow I have survived. Leaving my keys in my car, leaving my back door unlocked most of time, somehow the villains haven't broken in to get my gold or taken my jewels. 

Were you burglarized while at home or robbed during this time frame? 

44 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

No, it's pointless to propose it.

Not having a gun in my house for most of my life, somehow I have survived. Leaving my keys in my car, leaving my back door unlocked most of time, somehow the villains haven't broken in to get my gold or taken my jewels. 

You've got gold. Dude, you shouldn't have said that on this website. Some of us (meaning me) will be searching--I need MORE gold in my portfolio. LOL. For those newbies--I am just joking with Barry--Teachers like us don't have that much gold. LOL. 

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

No, it's pointless to propose it.

What's your address? .... :rofl:

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Nope. 

So you've never been in a situation where it mattered (either way). You've been lucky. Me too. 

It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. This applies to guns and the Castle Law.  

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

So you've never been in a situation where it mattered (either way). You've been lucky. Me too. 

It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. This applies to guns and the Castle Law.  

I can see that. Now, we have talked about if we moved out to the country or a bigger town, we might look at getting a gun, now that my kids are older, for varmints of all kinds! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I can see that. Now, we have talked about if we moved out to the country or a bigger town, we might look at getting a gun, now that my kids are older, for varmints of all kinds! 

I see your point...sort of. "Varmints" are everywhere, no matter where you live though.