Secession

Olduy

8 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Section 3

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

2 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

So are you saying only by declaring war can treason be committed? 

I’m not the one who said it. The supreme law of our land did. Your posting faster than your reading. Stop projecting.

3 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

So what you are saying is all the posters on here who have called for TREASON on various persons have in fact lied. You need to be setting them straight becuase that word has been used  a lot on here. You keep trying and the door keeps hitting you in the face. 

I don’t like to speak for other posters or get into straw men arguments, but were the people they were talking about fitting the clearly laid out description of what treason is in our constitution that I posted for you twice already?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

My opinion. If you are wishing to use violence to overthrow an election then it is treason and should be treated as such. 

He was not promoting violence to overcome an election. He said that if Texas seceded he would fight to protect Texas, guess you failed reading comprehension.

Many of us have thought of secession long before this election or the last or the one before that! 
Has little to do with this election but about giving power back to the people and away from the government.

You can believe whatever you want and likely will.

3 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

If Texas attempts to secede then it would be because an  election. Next we answered those questions in 1865, if an attempt is made those responsible should be arrested and held for treason. 

Evidence? Because the Texas GOP statement I saw referred to having a union of states that actually abides by the Constitution. 

Held for treason? Are they even going to get a trial or just be held for it? How long would you hold them? And how do you expect to get them in custody in the first place?