3A DI State Championship - Jim Ned Vs. Hallettsville

Yoe09

Many people weren't high on Hallettsville towards the end of the regular season, but I still felt strongly about the Brahmas - having them 7th in my final poll and my actual pick to get to this game.  The way they rolled Yoakum and Columbus towards the end of district play was impressive.  Jim Ned opened my eyes when they first beat Hallettsville earlier in the season, catapulting them into the top 10 - finishing at number 6.  Maybe a slight surprise both teams are here, but nothing shocking.  

The game was tight last time and I expect something similar this go around.  I don't believe Hallettsville has the same passing game they had in 2013, but they have one of the better RBs in the state in Brooks.  

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

I really don't have a favorite to win. I think whoever gets the passing game going in this game will win it.

Imo, Ned probably has the better line on both sides, and plays more as a team. Ned just plays with a lot of heart and doesn't give up. I wonder if last weeks game will catch up with them? They were straight worn out. 

HV has the better talent. Their offense has it going with Brooks. If they can hook up with there receivers they can win this game. HV secondary is really good. 

Either way this will be a good game. How many tds do y'all think Brooks may score? I believe he's close to the record. I got HV by a td.