3A D2 Championship

THEHARDWAY

State Championship  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Canadian Wildcats
    • Franklin Lions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2020 at 09:00 PM

1 hour ago, quickshot said:

How are tickets going to work to get into games?

I read on another thread u have to buy online an they make u leave after that game

Wednesday and Thursday tickets are good for all day. Friday’s are good for only one game. All tickets will be online and reserved seating. 

10 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

Does FSSW still exist with ric renner Craig way, etc.  I’ve got hulu and haven’t seen them. Can’t make the gms. 

Hulu dropped FSSW as well as everyone else.. I know At&t now has it but its a contract... You can get it for free for a 7 day trial and it has to be the $80 dollar package. Be sure to cancel if you dont want to be stuck in a contract

21 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Hulu dropped FSSW as well as everyone else.. I know At&t now has it but its a contract... You can get it for free for a 7 day trial and it has to be the $80 dollar package. Be sure to cancel if you dont want to be stuck in a contract

Good info. Very much appreciated!

thank you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Wednesday and Thursday tickets are good for all day. Friday’s are good for only one game. All tickets will be online and reserved seating. 

I try an buy ticket to the game an they don't sell just 1 lol.. this covi19 stuff is for the birds.. 

19 minutes ago, 2Punks said:

Pax, did you run your stats for this game? I enjoy seeing seasons boiled down into the hard numbers.

Just finished.  Since district started, Franklin is averaging 50.9 per game to teams that give up 26.7 per game on average (24.2 more).  They are holding teams that average 31.2 per game to 18.7 (14.2 fewer).  Total swing for Franklin is a +36.6.

Canadian averages 61.7 per game against defenses that give up 27.4 per game (34.3 more) and they hold teams that average 36.5 per game to just 8.6 per game (27.9 fewer).  Overall swing is +62.2.

The score prediction based on the full regular season is Canadian, 51-28. 

The numbers can be skewed when you play poor teams.  For example, Canadian's swing is a +62.2.  This is the average of all games.  Their lowest swing game of the year was a 78-0 win over Dimmitt.  Dimmitt loses their games by 46.4 points per game on average, so for Canadian to "swing" them out of their normal game by 62.2 points, Canadian would have had to beat them by 109 points.   Canadian was up 62-0 at halftime in that game, so they were certainly on pace to have their normal swing game against them.  There are several games like this, so here are the numbers only considering opponents who - on average - outscore their opponents by 14 or more points :

In these games, Canadian is a +70.4 beating teams by 40.2 on average who are used to winning by 30.2.  Franklin is a +41.8.  Teams used to winning by 18.8 on average lose to Franklin by an average of 23.0 points.  Score prediction based on only these games : Canadian, 42-19.

If both teams play like the average of their best three games, I get a 47-25 Canadian win.  If both teams play like the average of their worst three games, I get Canadian in a 48-27 win.  Canadian's worst vs Franklin's best : Canadian in a 43-35 win.  Franklin's worst vs Canadian's best : 56-7.  

By quarter and considering all games since district (some games missing because I don't have box scores) :

Canadian :

1 : 22-2

2 : 45-4

3 : 56-7 

Franklin :

1 : 16-5

2 : 31-10

3 : 39-13

Canadian has seen one team that scores more than Franklin.  That would be Idalou who averaged 53.2 ppg.  Canadian held Idalou to 6 points, and those 6 points came from a scoop and score fumble.  There are two other teams that score nearly 50 per game, so near Franklin in the scoring department.  In these three games, Canadian held those opponents to 8 points per game.  Canadian has three opponents that hold teams to fewer points than Franklin holds their opponents.  In these games, Canadian has averaged 48 points per game, so you could see a 49-7 type game playing out here.

Franklin has seen no opponents that score at the level Canadian is scoring, and they have seen no opponents that give up as few points as Canadian gives up.  My prediction is that Canadian outperforms the numbers and wins big. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Pax said:

Just finished.  Since district started, Franklin is averaging 50.9 per game to teams that give up 26.7 per game on average (24.2 more).  They are holding teams that average 31.2 per game to 18.7 (14.2 fewer).  Total swing for Franklin is a +36.6.

Canadian averages 61.7 per game against defenses that give up 27.4 per game (34.3 more) and they hold teams that average 36.5 per game to just 8.6 per game (27.9 fewer).  Overall swing is +62.2.

The score prediction based on the full regular season is Canadian, 51-28. 

The numbers can be skewed when you play poor teams.  For example, Canadian's swing is a +62.2.  This is the average of all games.  Their lowest swing game of the year was a 78-0 win over Dimmitt.  Dimmitt loses their games by 46.4 points per game on average, so for Canadian to "swing" them out of their normal game by 62.2 points, Canadian would have had to beat them by 109 points.   Canadian was up 62-0 at halftime in that game, so they were certainly on pace to have their normal swing game against them.  There are several games like this, so here are the numbers only considering opponents who - on average - outscore their opponents by 14 or more points :

In these games, Canadian is a +70.4 beating teams by 40.2 on average who are used to winning by 30.2.  Franklin is a +41.8.  Teams used to winning by 18.8 on average lose to Franklin by an average of 23.0 points.  Score prediction based on only these games : Canadian, 42-19.

If both teams play like the average of their best three games, I get a 47-25 Canadian win.  If both teams play like the average of their worst three games, I get Canadian in a 48-27 win.  Canadian's worst vs Franklin's best : Canadian in a 43-35 win.  Franklin's worst vs Canadian's best : 56-7.  

By quarter and considering all games since district (some games missing because I don't have box scores) :

Canadian :

1 : 22-2

2 : 45-4

3 : 56-7 

Franklin :

1 : 16-5

2 : 31-10

3 : 39-13

Canadian has seen one team that scores more than Franklin.  That would be Idalou who averaged 53.2 ppg.  Canadian held Idalou to 6 points, and those 6 points came from a scoop and score fumble.  There are two other teams that score nearly 50 per game, so near Franklin in the scoring department.  In these three games, Canadian held those opponents to 8 points per game.  Canadian has three opponents that hold teams to fewer points than Franklin holds their opponents.  In these games, Canadian has averaged 48 points per game, so you could see a 49-7 type game playing out here.

Franklin has seen no opponents that score at the level Canadian is scoring, and they have seen no opponents that give up as few points as Canadian gives up.  My prediction is that Canadian outperforms the numbers and wins big. 

Dang! Thanks Pax! It’s always interesting to see how your team over or under performs your own impressions of them.