Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

• CarthDawg77 changed the title to Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas. Surratt’s Dawgs going for EIGHTH CROWN...
1 minute ago, MoveTheChain said:

Gimme the Buckeyes, the contrarian pick.  Probably need to add another thread with a better pronouncement, at least for our fans 😎:

Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.  Metzel’s Buckeyes going for FOURTH CROWN...

If Gilmer is anything, it’s definitely Contrary....😁

24 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

In All honesty, Nobody in Recent History has beaten Carthage anywhere badly as Gilmer did at Lobo in 2014; That loss Still Hurts!🤨

The 2015 loss to LV in the semi’s was just as bad IMO, even if the score was lower.  3 points on first drive then 0 for the rest of game.

• Like 1

The Dawg D has the opportunity to show the entire state just how special they really are on the biggest stage. 
The Dawg offensive line will pave the way for Courtney and give Horton the time to pick his targets. 
I too have respect for Gilmer and will say Dawgs by 14. 
Let’s Go Dawgs 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The Dawg D has the opportunity to show the entire state just how special they really are on the biggest stage. 
The Dawg offensive line will pave the way for Courtney and give Horton the time to pick his targets. 
I too have respect for Gilmer and will say Dawgs by 14. 
Let’s Go Dawgs 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

The OL had some problems with the aggressive pass rush from Wimbo last night.  That was the most successful pass rush of the year from the games I have seen.  I expect Gilmer to at least try and replicate that next week to put Horton under pressure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

The OL had some problems with the aggressive pass rush from Wimbo last night.  That was the most successful pass rush of the year from the games I have seen.  I expect Gilmer to at least try and replicate that next week to put Horton under pressure.

Horton did not have his normal night with the deep ball. Don’t know if it was the rain or just an off night. He missed at least 4 touchdowns to wide open receivers. He will be on like donkey Kong in Jerry’s House. 

• Like 2

The Weather certainly played a major role last night as well. Many dropped passes that normally would have been caught would have made this game much more of a blowout than it was; Props to the Texan D for their aggressive pursuits of Horton. I have no doubt the Offense will be tweaked regarding these glaring deficiencies in pass protection.

20 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

The 2015 loss to LV in the semi’s was just as bad IMO, even if the score was lower.  3 points on first drive then 0 for the rest of game.

Worse if you ask me.  I'll take a regular season beatdown over one in the semi's any day of the week.  LV scored on a long TD pass on their first play. That's the sort of stuff that we do!  Not used to it being done to us.

• Like 1

• CarthDawg77 changed the title to Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes
24 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Horton did not have his normal night with the deep ball. Don’t know if it was the rain or just an off night. He missed at least 4 touchdowns to wide open receivers. He will be on like donkey Kong in Jerry’s House. 

Horton has not had his typical touch on the deep passes the last two weeks.  Possibly due to weather but uncharacteristic.  Part of the issue last night was the pass rush from Wimbo.  Give that front 7 some credit.  They were outmanned but still made some plays.

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

If you are attending 2-3 games at ATT it will cost you $20 to park and $20 for EACH game.  Yes...  $40 for your first game then $20 for each game afterwards.  Not to mention $25 nachos and a $10 drink

Is this for only the 4a games or all games?

This game could potentially be closer than the last one. I could also see it going about the same. I do believe the Bulldogs will win either way! 

I want to applaud Gilmer because it felt like on these forums and in “expert” views they were not favored to win their district and probably not picked to make it to this game. They have played outstanding and deserve to be here and take another shot at the Bulldogs. 

• Like 3