Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

5 hours ago, StangtilDeath said:

So much for one ticket and watching 3 games.Β  #### because I have my wife and son in tow.Β  Gonna be an expensiveΒ day of high school football lol. Gonna try to watch lindale/argyle and bux/CarthageΒ 

Only two games on 4A day

We are not afraid of coming in underdawgs. People on hear say we gonna loose every week and you can see the hope/hate in the words they type. Much respect to Carthage. Right now Carthage is the best cause they won the first match. Not many people that talk on here seem to be at these games they talk so β€œstrongly” about. Rest a sure Gilmer is NOT afraid of Carthage and we are coming to win not roll over. Gonna be a good game I think. And I feel both teams will leave the field with respect for each other. Unlike a lot of people on these forums. If the refs let the boys play it gone be good. Β But people can say what they want the two teams meeting up Friday high noon are the best teams both deserve to be there but someone gotta loose. Β Go bux

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Thursday games 2a-3a will be an all day pass. It's just the 4a games that will have to be bought separately. Tickets can be bought at gate on Thursday, I don't know for Friday's.Β 

UIL press release says no tickets sold on site any of the days. Β Mobile tickets only. Β 
Tickets bought thru participating schools are limited, but only $15. Β 

7 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

If you are attending 2-3 games at ATT it will cost you $20 to park and $20 for EACH game. Β Yes... Β $40 for your first game then $20 for each game afterwards. Β Not to mention $25 nachos and a $10 drink

I hate jerry world.Β  Give me a high school stadium, a nip in the air, and all the noise you can bear.Β  Just curious.Β  How much of this money goes back to the schools.Β  Or does it go to UIL to be mismanaged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckeyelove said:

We are not afraid of coming in underdawgs. People on hear say we gonna loose every week and you can see the hope/hate in the words they type. Much respect to Carthage. Right now Carthage is the best cause they won the first match. Not many people that talk on here seem to be at these games they talk so β€œstrongly” about. Rest a sure Gilmer is NOT afraid of Carthage and we are coming to win not roll over. Gonna be a good game I think. And I feel both teams will leave the field with respect for each other. Unlike a lot of people on these forums. If the refs let the boys play it gone be good. Β But people can say what they want the two teams meeting up Friday high noon are the best teams both deserve to be there but someone gotta loose. Β Go bux

Rest assured Carthage is coming to win. The Bulldogs will be in Bulldog Stadium West and don’t think it doesn’t matter.

Most of the Dawg players have already won a title and know what to expect andΒ what it takes.

SS wants #8, CHS and its fans want #8.Β 
Β 

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Crawford said:

This thread only 12 hours old and already 3Β pages. Y'all trying to break some kind of Smoaky record. lol

This game's been a long time coming. Β Glad to be playing it. I remember our toughest opponent when the Dawgs won their first state title in 2008 was none other than the Bux of Gilmer in a quarterfinal game played at SFA. Β We prevailed 31-28 if I'm not mistaken. It was the Dawn of a NewΒ Era.Β Β  Fast forward 12 years and 7 titles later, Β here we are again for all the marbles. Β I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Uh oh. Β That don't sound good. Β Don't think it will affect the outcome, at least I hope not.

Wade was fantastic on both sides of the ball and Carthage is an even better team with him. However, they have not missed a beat really since he has been out. If Hatten and Wade both or unable to go, that hurts a bit more. I still like the dogs, they would just be missing two very good receivers.

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Wade was fantastic on both sides of the ball and Carthage is an even better team with him. However, they have not missed a beat really since he has been out. If Hatten and Wade both or unable to go, that hurts a bit more. I still like the dogs, they would just be missing two very good receivers.

I think at least one will see the field Friday. And #7 is a good WR also and in good enough shape to play 50-60% of the offensive snaps. Β 

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

I think at least one will see the field Friday. And #7 is a good WR also and in good enough shape to play 50-60% of the offensive snaps. Β 

You are right! He’s been a fantastic corner and when he’s been in on offense he’s come up with great plays in the passing game. Β We have had no shortage of options in the passing game this year.

4 minutes ago, quickshot said:

Dang they usually don't make u leave after a game.. y'all think they are enforcing that? Alot of ppl just watch football all day

Well, there are only two games on Friday.

Carthage/Gilmer kickoff at 11 am

Argyle/Lindale kickoff at 7:30 pm

Huge amount of dead time between the end of the first game and start of the second. I think that’s the reason for the rule.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, quickshot said:

Dang they usually don't make u leave after a game.. y'all think they are enforcing that? Alot of ppl just watch football all day

Reserved seats bought for both games with two separate tickets.Β Β  7 hours between start of the 2 games. Β Yeah, they will enforce it.Β 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Huge amount of dead time between the end of the first game and start of the second. I think that’s the reason for the rule.

12:00 and 7:00 unless they changed it this morning.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Big 12s having walk throughs in between.Β