Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

21 minutes ago, jubilant said:

Nothing to do with the game but I was watching the NFR last night and there was a bareback rider with last name Tilden. Did he play football for Carthage?

Tilden Hooper is the son of one of my friends. I don’t believe he played at the Varsity level.

15 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

What’s the story on tickets for this game? 
The seat geek link doesn’t show any tickets available? 

Limited number of tickets available is different, I saw several end zone seats available this morning. The schools are offering codes for the parents that are in the different organizations, I just hope to get tickets once the code is released. I looked for tickets for the 7 pm game Friday, nothing was available for that game. Covid football has been different this year, but it's great to be able to watch games this year.

16 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

Limited number of tickets available is different, I saw several end zone seats available this morning. The schools are offering codes for the parents that are in the different organizations, I just hope to get tickets once the code is released. I looked for tickets for the 7 pm game Friday, nothing was available for that game. Covid football has been different this year, but it's great to be able to watch games this year.

I got some now. It kept showing me no tickets all morning but they just reappeared lol 

19 hours ago, SDCAVEMAN said:

I hate jerry world.  Give me a high school stadium, a nip in the air, and all the noise you can bear.  Just curious.  How much of this money goes back to the schools.  Or does it go to UIL to be mismanaged.

Schools get a % of the gate after stadium fees are paid unless I’m mistaken.  Nothing from concessions and parking

Really believe this will be a closer game then the 1st matchup. Gilmer with their passing game, mobile QB that can make plays with his legs and WR’s have a chance to test the Carthage D. I think they will learn from the first game and stay away from passes over the middle of the field. That is where BT threw his picks in the 1st game. If they can get both Fluellen kids and Hurts one on one on the outside that is their best chance at success. Problem I see is Gilmer stopping Carthage. Expect to see Carthage’s offense have their best performance of the year. They practice indoors and playing indoors at AT&T is a big advantage. The offense is always awesome at Jerry World. I think it will be a 42-49 to 28 type of game. Similar score to the LV game last year. I think both offenses have some success, but Carthage D is just too good in the end. One of the top units in the state at any level. They are fastest D to the ball I have seen in a long time. Great game for ETX. Gilmer and Carthage at Jerry World. Can’t get much better than that. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Really believe this will be a closer game then the 1st matchup. Gilmer with their passing game, mobile QB that can make plays with his legs and WR’s have a chance to test the Carthage D. I think they will learn from the first game and stay away from passes over the middle of the field. That is where BT threw his picks in the 1st game. If they can get both Fluellen kids and Hurts one on one on the outside that is their best chance at success. Problem I see is Gilmer stopping Carthage. Expect to see Carthage’s offense have their best performance of the year. They practice indoors and playing indoors at AT&T is a big advantage. The offense is always awesome at Jerry World. I think it will be a 42-49 to 28 type of game. Similar score to the LV game last year. I think both offenses have some success, but Carthage D is just too good in the end. One of the top units in the state at any level. They are fastest D to the ball I have seen in a long time. Great game for ETX. Gilmer and Carthage at Jerry World. Can’t get much better than that. 

A Northeast Texas Highschool SuperBowl, if you will...🏈🏆🏈🏆🏈😜😋

Guest Tiger03lb
30 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

For those that have got tickets was anyone able to get anything on first 2 decks that wasn't at endzone ends?

I was only able to get the higher up seats. That was the only thing available. That was a few hours ago. 

1 hour ago, bansheefan03 said:

For those that have got tickets was anyone able to get anything on first 2 decks that wasn't at endzone ends?

I got a code tonight and found seats in the 2nd level. Section 240 and 330 were the best available tonight. I should have bought tickets on the 8th, saving $5 a ticket is not a big deal to me. Either way, I am excited that we get to watch a state football game. Covid has made everything crazy as heck this year! It will be fun to watch Carthage win #8, I have been fortunate enough to watch them win the other 7 championships. Go Dawgs!!

On 12/12/2020 at 12:01 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

The two best 4a programs in Beasttexas prolly the state going at it and it’s about time the uil gets it right by not having us knock each other out in the 4th round how they normally do east Texas teams

I personally wish that Carthage would have been able to remain in Division 1.  A contest between them and Argyle would have been the premier game probably in all classifications and Gilmer would have been playing someone else for the Division 2 title.  That way, Beast Texas would have ruled both divisions like they had done previously in two of the last three years with PG and Carthage.  I really believe that the attendance numbers were set to break up the Beast Texas hold on class 4A with Carthage and PG the odds on favorites to repeat as champions in the preseason.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

I personally wish that Carthage would have been able to remain in Division 1.  A contest between them and Argyle would have been the premier game probably in all classifications and Gilmer would have been playing someone else for the Division 2 title.  That way, Beast Texas would have ruled both divisions like they had done previously in two of the last three years with PG and Carthage.  I really believe that the attendance numbers were set to break up the Beast Texas hold on class 4A with Carthage and PG the odds on favorites to repeat as champions in the preseason.

The “District of Doom” just isn’t the same without Carthage, IMO.

7 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

The “District of Doom” just isn’t the same without Carthage, IMO.

The decision to put Carthage in another district was a surprise to me.  I could not see how, according to attendance and geography, how they could not have been put in the District of Doom.  But then again, a good team or two would not have made the playoffs.

• Like 1