Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

11 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

Well I hope they don't enforce the specified seating cause all that was available  was third row and up or endzones

Info they put out leads me to believe they will be enforcing somewhat. Seating “pods”.... reserved seats. 

Guest Tiger03lb
8 hours ago, CDAWG68 said:

There are several available, SeatGeek showed no tickets available several times tonight. I had to refresh SeatGeek and tickets showed up.

Screenshot_20201213-224851_SeatGeek.jpg

That's some BS. Wonder if I can get different tickets, without having to buy more.

Where is TCU44 when you need him?  All we need is for him to pick Carthage to win and we're assured a Gilmer win.🙃

Both teams worked very hard to get here, and deserve the opportunity.  It's been a long time since these two teams met in Week 5.  I know both teams have improved since then.  If Carthage has improved "as much" as Gilmer has, all I can say is "uh oh!"

I'm just hoping we can put 4 quarters of our best football together for this one.  If we don't we will likely get blown out of the building.  I would absolutely HATE to see that happen.  Honestly, I think this is the best Carthage team I've seen, especially defensively.

We absolutely have to play our best to have any chance at the upset.  It's the last game of the season, so no excuses, just play ball.  See y'all at Jerry World.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Where is TCU44 when you need him?  All we need is for him to pick Carthage to win and we're assured a Gilmer win.🙃

Both teams worked very hard to get here, and deserve the opportunity.  It's been a long time since these two teams met in Week 5.  I know both teams have improved since then.  If Carthage has improved "as much" as Gilmer has, all I can say is "uh oh!"

I'm just hoping we can put 4 quarters of our best football together for this one.  If we don't we will likely get blown out of the building.  I would absolutely HATE to see that happen.  Honestly, I think this is the best Carthage team I've seen, especially defensively.

We absolutely have to play our best to have any chance at the upset.  It's the last game of the season, so no excuses, just play ball.  See y'all at Jerry World.

If anybody can give Carthage a run for their money, I believe that team will be Gilmer; Both teams have a lot of history together & this game should be an Epic showdown for Northeast Texas Highschool Football!

Here’s hoping for an exciting, injury free contest between two Powerhouse Football teams!

“Go Dawgs!!!”

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Lol he may not even bother since its a lose-lose situation for him.  😂

Given the history between the two programs and all the talent on the field, anything could happen truly.  But, like you said, I also believe this may be the best Carthage team I've ever seen.  Definitely defensively.  The offense is not the best they have had but its in the top 5-10.  If Gilmer can keep it close for 3 quarters this could be anyone's game in the 4th.  

7 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I don't think Tepper will ever pick against Carthage again in a championship game.  Learned his lesson last year. lol

Yeah, he and I had a conversation at the FSSW studio at AT&T after Carthage had won and he’d picked against them. He swore he will never pick against Scott Surratt in a state championship game ever again. He said he doesn’t care if Carthage’s entire starting 11 is injured he is going to pick the Bulldogs to win. Now of course, he was being silly with that, but he said he’s never picking against Carthage. He said he learned his lesson, ha.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

• LOL! 1

22 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yeah, he and I had a conversation at the FSSW studio at AT&T after Carthage had won and he’d picked against them. He swore he will never pick against Scott Surratt in a state championship game ever again. He said he doesn’t care if Carthage’s entire starting 11 is injured he is going to pick the Bulldogs to win. Now of course, he was being silly with that, but he said he’s never picking against Carthage. He said he learned his lesson, ha.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

Last week, he called Graham the most consistent defense in 4a and called Carthage's D solid this week. Talk to him about that. Big difference between solid and great and this D is great.

9 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Last week, he called Graham the most consistent defense in 4a and called Carthage's D solid this week. Talk to him about that. Big difference between solid and great and this D is great.

To his credit, in the video posted just above he basically talked about how special this year’s Carthage defense is.

6 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Info they put out leads me to believe they will be enforcing somewhat. Seating “pods”.... reserved seats. 

It'll be enforced.

Same thing Longview fans had to go through back in Week 1 when they played Temple at AT&T.

They had people checking tickets right at the stairwell that leads to the lower bowl. Only people that got down there were the ones who had tickets to get down there.

10 minutes ago, DTrain15 said:

Why are you all getting excited, Carthage didnt play anyone this year. Argyle would have mopped the floor with Bulldogs.

Why are you getting all defensive? Easy to talk mess about a game you know can’t happen. Look at the history of Argyle. Good team each year, but has a hard time finishing the deal. If you think this Bulldog team is the one you want, you don’t know nothing. This may be the best defense Carthage has ever had. Who has Argyle played that is so much better than Carthage competition?

99324AF6-7CC7-472A-8E2B-CFF73BFB68D1.jpeg

Edited by JBizzle
Added photo