Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

3 minutes ago, DTrain15 said:

Clever. I won’t waste any more time with you, since I’m sure you’ll be banned from here before Friday. You should prolly worry about Lindale. Based on that PG score, it appears Argyle’s run defense ain’t great.

• Like 1

Oh yeah bro @JBizzle i 100% agree with you on that, that run defense from Argyle wow it was a joke. So proud to be a Bulldawg to have one of the best defenses if not the best defense in this state. I gotta say probably the best one i have ever seen. 

On 12/12/2020 at 11:54 PM, DAWG91 said:

This game's been a long time coming.  Glad to be playing it. I remember our toughest opponent when the Dawgs won their first state title in 2008 was none other than the Bux of Gilmer in a quarterfinal game played at SFA.  We prevailed 31-28 if I'm not mistaken. It was the Dawn of a New Era.   Fast forward 12 years and 7 titles later,  here we are again for all the marbles.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

lol on a last second field goal, that hit the bottom crossbar, and barely fell in, lol...crazy game....Stump was Soph. for that game, ya'll had Blackshire at the helm, and Smith in the backfield, i still say to this day one of the best HS RBs ive ever saw, i would of swore he would of played on Sunday, I think he hurt his knee in spring ball at TCU, when he was able to enroll...as much as i would like to say, this could be one of those games, i dont think so, unless the Bux can put together a solid 4 qtrs, even then id have to give say you guys by 14....but we gotta play the game, and crazier things of happened, kinda like this crazy a$$ year! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GTownballer said:

lol on a last second field goal, that hit the bottom crossbar, and barely fell in, lol...crazy game....Stump was Soph. for that game, ya'll had Blackshire at the helm, and Smith in the backfield, i still say to this day one of the best HS RBs ive ever saw, i would of swore he would of played on Sunday, I think he hurt his knee in spring ball at TCU, when he was able to enroll...as much as i would like to say, this could be one of those games, i dont think so, unless the Bux can put together a solid 4 qtrs, even then id have to give say you guys by 14....but we gotta play the game, and crazier things of happened, kinda like this crazy a$$ year! 

Dwight Smith was an Awesome RB; One of the very best that played for Carthage, in my opinion.👌🏈🏆

9 minutes ago, GTownballer said:

If it weren't for off the field issues that guy could have been playing on Sundays.  He had all the talent in the world.  

That was an epic match that year though.  As much as I'd love to see another awesome game, I really hope it happens about like the one earlier this year.  I don't need that kind of stress when im watching.  Lol

1 hour ago, GTownballer said:

As I recall the Dawgs D picked off a pass as the Bux were driving down the field late in the 4th qtr.  Don't recall the fg, I remember 2 plays from that game 1) long td by smith early in game called back for holding and 2) the Dawgs D picking off that pass in the 4th qtr. I thought Stump was a Jr in that year and was a senior in 2009?  2009 was the year Bux were ranked first all year with that video game offense and Dawgs had that amazing D.  Bux and. Dawgs both won state that year.  As for #22 I agree wholeheartedly,  he could've walked off the chs graduation stage and stepped right into an nfl uniform.  Yes he hurt his knee in spring practice but that's not why he was no longer on the tcu roster shortly afterwards.  It's been discussed before no sense in rehashing it now. I pick the Dawgs by 14,  could be more but we'll just have to see.  That's why they play the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

👀 one way to almost gaurentee coach Surratt shows up next year at two a days is for Gilmer to smoke the Dawgs at Jerry's house.👀🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Not gonna pick because Gilmer has pulled off miracles in the past and Carthage is damn good..just gonna watch it unfold...good luck to both.✌️

“All Right, Chain...! Don’t Start Nuthin, & There won’t BE Nuthin’....”😂😂😂👌

12 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

As I recall the Dawgs D picked off a pass as the Bux were driving down the field late in the 4th qtr.  Don't recall the fg, I remember 2 plays from that game 1) long td by smith early in game called back for holding and 2) the Dawgs D picking off that pass in the 4th qtr. I thought Stump was a Jr in that year and was a senior in 2009?  2009 was the year Bux were ranked first all year with that video game offense and Dawgs had that amazing D.  Bux and. Dawgs both won state that year.  As for #22 I agree wholeheartedly,  he could've walked off the chs graduation stage and stepped right into an nfl uniform.  Yes he hurt his knee in spring practice but that's not why he was no longer on the tcu roster shortly afterwards.  It's been discussed before no sense in rehashing it now. I pick the Dawgs by 14,  could be more but we'll just have to see.  That's why they play the game.

Correct. Stump led the Bux to the state championship game in his sophomore year, only to be routed by Liberty Hill in Waco. That should have been the last time Gilmer ever agreed to play in Waco (also the site of a state championship game loss in 1981), but they went to the well one more time in 2016, losing to Sweetwater in the semifinals.

I don't think the game in 2008 was as close as the original poster seems to think it was. As I recall (and have verified by reading Joe Dodd's archived game account), Carthage had the game well in hand with a 31-14 lead and Gilmer rallied back to make the game look closer than it actually was. It was a bit like Gilmer's win over Graham last week except Graham couldn't rally back as well in the second half as Gilmer did at SFA that night.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 36gut said:

Correct. Stump led the Bux to the state championship game in his sophomore year, only to be routed by Liberty Hill in Waco. That should have been the last time Gilmer ever agreed to play in Waco (also the site of a state championship game loss in 1981), but they went to the well one more time in 2016, losing to Sweetwater in the semifinals.

I don't think the game in 2008 was as close as the original poster seems to think it was. As I recall (and have verified by reading Joe Dodd's archived game account), Carthage had the game well in hand with a 31-14 lead and Gilmer rallied back to make the game look closer than it actually was. It was a bit like Gilmer's win over Graham last week except Graham couldn't rally back as well in the second half as Gilmer did at SFA that night.

Ya'll weren't the only ones to get routed by LH that year.  They put a pretty good whoopin on us too in either the 2nd or 3rd round. Think that was Coach's first season with the Dawgs.

Can’t wait to watch this Dawg D play!!! One of the best defensive teams I’ve ever seen. It reminds me of the 2012 Navasota defense. Their defense was incredible that year only giving up an average of 7 PPG. That’s what this Dawg D is giving up also and that’s with trash touchdowns at the end of the game. This Dawg D is something special. They just shut good offenses down. Go Dawgs!!!!

• Like 1