Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

15 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

Its gonna feel that way, one second the bux will be down and kicking a field goal then bam....bux win by 3...

Oh, I have wanted to see a slugfest type game all year long, but nobody has really given Carthage one;  (There some tense moments with Wimberley in the first quarter of the Semi) but No one has really measured up to the Dawgs in 2020, in my opinion.  
Perhaps “Gimmer” Will provide a measure of thrill this time around. Judging from the poll at the top of the thread, many here are expecting Carthage to prevail, yet again.

Edited by CarthDawg77

East Texas should be proud of both programs. They are the best in 4a division 2. I know only one will be crowned state champs. I respect both programs but my pick is Carthage over Gilmer 44-28. The best of luck and prayer for safe travels injury free. In my moral book, they are both championship programs.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Hardcore said:

East Texas should be proud of both programs. They are the best in 4a division 2. I know only one will be crowned state champs. I respect both programs but my pick is Carthage over Gilmer 44-28. The best of luck and prayer for safe travels injury free. In my moral book, they are both championship programs.

Excellent post....!👌

The Red&White juggernaut that is named Carthage gonna roll right into Jerry's World and complete their undefeated season by beating those pesky Horse Chestnut trees (aka Buckeyes). 30 game win streak and State Title number 8 the GREAT firmly cements Carthage's program and the title spree they have been on  as one of the greatest in Texas Highschool history.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

The Red&White juggernaut that is named Carthage gonna roll right into Jerry's World and complete their undefeated season by beating those pesky Horse Chestnut trees (aka Buckeyes). 30 game win streak and State Title number 8 the GREAT firmly cements Carthage's program and the title spree they have been on  as one of the greatest in Texas Highschool history.

BOOM!

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

I received the newest issue of RISING it's a recruiting guide with 400 plus Texas recruits. As many of you know I am sure, its part of subscription package of DCTF magazine. 

I think they do a great job on all they do and for the most part are very knowledgeable about our state's highschool football.

I have to say though they completely dropped the ball with this issue.

1 and only 1 Carthage Bulldog is listed.  While the young man is very deserving of the recognition I am amazed that no other player on a soon to be back to back state champion team with 30 game streak made the issue! 

Montreal Hatten JR.  class of '23 WR is the lone C-DOG

45 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

I received the newest issue of RISING it's a recruiting guide with 400 plus Texas recruits. As many of you know I am sure, its part of subscription package of DCTF magazine. 

I think they do a great job on all they do and for the most part are very knowledgeable about our state's highschool football.

1 and only 1 Carthage Bulldog is listed.  While the young man is very deserving of the recognition I am amazed that no other player on a soon to be back to back state champion team with 30 game streak made the issue! 

There will be several on the pre-season All State Team for 2021.  They are flying under the radar.  😂

1 hour ago, JasperDawg said:

Number #5  I feel will be one of the top linebackers in the country when he reaches the end of his senior year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

Hatten is awesome. Like you say, where are Horton, Courtney, Wade (WR), Smith (TE), Lewis (LB), both corners

3 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

That’s a great tribute from one Dawg to Another !👌😋 Thank you for your support!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Horton is in there for this year.  Only Hatten for future.  

Yes, I do apologize. I see that BIG BOOGER BEAR on page 12. Didn't see him on intial scan thru.

How that #5  Kip Lewis is listed in his class is interesting. all ya gotta do is just listen to p.a announcer when they on defense you soon will know that 5 is everywhere!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

Yes, I do apologize. I see that BIG BOOGER BEAR on page 12. Didn't see him on intial scan thru.

How that #5  Kip Lewis is listed in his class is interesting. all ya gotta do is just listen to p.a announcer when they on defense you soon will know that 5 is everywhere!

Agree Lewis will be in the mix after Fri.    Whoever doesn’t know about him will get a good luck on the big stage.

BTW(by the way), while we are all here and it's 2020 for the non "moral victories" crusaders out there. Yes there are such things I know for a fact because I awarded myself a nice trophy just yesterday. 

I am proud to say to this point of the 2020 season them JASPER DAWGS gave Carthage their closest game and scored more than any other team. (lol including the one who whipped our rear ends in the very first round)

Pathetic, trivial, whatever ya want to call it yes it probably is (lol)

But it's my 🏆and I like it!! 😋 

C-DAWGS  I wish yall nothing but the best! take care! I see yall after the start of new year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JasperDawg said:

BTW(by the way), while we are all here and it's 2020 for the non "moral victories" crusaders out there. Yes there are such things I know for a fact because I awarded myself a nice trophy just yesterday. 

I am proud to say to this point of the 2020 season them JASPER DAWGS gave Carthage their closest game and scored more than any other team. (lol including the one who whipped our rear ends in the very first round)

Pathetic, trivial, whatever ya want to call it yes it probably is (lol)

But it's my 🏆and I like it!! 😋 

C-DAWGS  I wish yall nothing but the best! take care! I see yall after the start of new year.

Thank you JasperDawg!

2 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Did we ever get Tcu fan take? He maybe still at that Wimbery /Graham game. 

I suspect he will not pick for this one. If he was forced to choose either of these two teams he would spontaneously combust. 

That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if he rolls in Thursday or early Friday. Lol

• LOL! 1

43 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

TCU does like Argyle, but he hates all the East Texas schools.

Hear me out... WHAT IF.... TCU was actually Regal. Its like a Jekyll and Hyde thing where as TCU he posts trash and as Regal he just gives gentlemanly analysis on the game.  

• LOL! 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Hear me out... WHAT IF.... TCU was actually Regal. Its like a Jekyll and Hyde thing where as TCU he posts trash and as Regal he just gives gentlemanly analysis on the game.  

There are a few People in SDC with multiple accounts; It wouldn’t surprise me.