Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

15 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’d advise not poking the bear before the contest even begins. I’d have said how proud I was of the team and how inspired the team will play on Friday.

I can see u like to tuck ur tail, you shook never fear another man they put their cleats one at a time just like we do. What’s the worst thing that can happen besides get beat if everyone is already thinking it 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I can see u like to tuck ur tail, you shook never fear another man they put their cleats one at a time just like we do. What’s the worst thing that can happen besides get beat if everyone is already thinking it 

I’m not sleeping on the Bucs; I have Been wanting to see a thriller all year, & if Gilmer can supply a healthy portion of thrill into the game, Then by all means, Bring it!👌😜🏈🏆

6 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

What gives you that impression? As the underdog it’s wise to come in quietly and attack immediately not give the champs something to think about before the game. 

I didn't to get a chance to watch the first meeting between these 2 teams earlier this year.  Watching the gilmer broadcast on youtube.  Lol @ the gilmer announcers.  Every time Dawgs would face a 4th down they'd be like "Surratt's gonna punt it here,  no doubt." I'm thinking have you guys never seen a Carhage Bulldog football game before?  Geez...

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

I didn't to get a chance to watch the first meeting between these 2 teams earlier this year.  Watching the gilmer broadcast on youtube.  Lol @ the gilmer announcers.  Every time Dawgs would face a 4th down they'd be like "Surratt's gonna punt it here,  no doubt." I'm thinking have you guys never seen a Carhage Bulldog football game before?  Geez...

They were just annoyed the Dawgs wouldn’t give them the ball back. 

1 hour ago, StangtilDeath said:

I guess he was supposed to say "well I'm not really a good coach and we probably haven't gotten any better since week 5, were more than likely gonna lose, yall should stay at home,  or better yet sit on the Carthage side".

Or better yet,  we hope to have a better showing than the last go-around. Personally,  I think they will.  Will they?  We'll find out in a couple of days.  Just finished watching the first game and it could've been worse.  Dawgs receivers dropped some wide open passes that should've been caught.  I don't have a good feel for this game, which why I'm only comfortable picking the Dawgs by 14.  It could be worse,  could be closer,  or the Bux could shock the world.  I'm ready to find out.

30 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Or better yet,  we hope to have a better showing than the last go-around. Personally,  I think they will.  Will they?  We'll find out in a couple of days.  Just finished watching the first game and it could've been worse.  Dawgs receivers dropped some wide open passes that should've been caught.  I don't have a good feel for this game, which why I'm only comfortable picking the Dawgs by 14.  It could be worse,  could be closer,  or the Bux could shock the world.  I'm ready to find out.

I think the Dawg D will play the best game they have played all year. 

• Like 2

This is a game for the state championship.  I don't think "billboard material" is needed.  If you're not motivated enough already you have not given the game enough thought.  We already know what Carthage brings to the game.  It's not rocket science.  Gilmer will have to play out of their mind to stay within striking distance.  The Buckeyes will have to establish offensive rhythm against the best 4A defense in the state, while getting several stops defensively.  I like what the new coaches are doing at Gilmer.  I think we will be very good for as long as we have them.

I hope the Buckeyes come out on fire and can put 4 quarters together because that's what it's going to take.

1 minute ago, blackflag79 said:

This is a game for the state championship.  I don't think "billboard material" is needed.  If you're not motivated enough already you have not given the game enough thought.

BOOOOOOOOO! We want some drama. I heard this lady left her 11 kids at Jeff Traylor Stadium back in September and they beat Gilmer 42-14. 

- Source unknown (but I bet it was someone from Carthage)

14 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Lol. They think every other teams duty is to punt on 4th down. We stopped you for 3 downs and now you must kick to us. 

On the other hand, as far as they are concerned,  we are in 4 down territory from our own 15. 

4 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

This is a game for the state championship.  I don't think "billboard material" is needed.  If you're not motivated enough already you have not given the game enough thought.  We already know what Carthage brings to the game.  It's not rocket science.  Gilmer will have to play out of their mind to stay within striking distance.  The Buckeyes will have to establish offensive rhythm against the best 4A defense in the state, while getting several stops defensively.  I like what the new coaches are doing at Gilmer.  I think we will be very good for as long as we have them.

I hope the Buckeyes come out on fire and can put 4 quarters together because that's what it's going to take.

Grown folks talk on football boards. Kids play the games. There isn't a kid in that field house that doesn't think we can't win. This is a stepping stone, a building block of things to come.......but tomorrow its a shot for all the marbles. They have done well and I'm proud of every one of them no matter what the outcome.  The ole oblong ball bounces funny sometimes.  Maybe tomorrow it will bounce our way a few times.