Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

3 minutes ago, jubilant said:

Grown folks talk on football boards. Kids play the games. There isn't a kid in that field house that doesn't think we can't win. This is a stepping stone, a building block of things to come.......but tomorrow its a shot for all the marbles. They have done well and I'm proud of every one of them no matter what the outcome.  The ole oblong ball bounces funny sometimes.  Maybe tomorrow it will bounce our way a few times. 

I don't know about "grown folks" talking on here a lot of these times.🙃 Think TCU44...

...but I agree with you on the rest.

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, jubilant said:

Lol. They think every other teams duty is to punt on 4th down. We stopped you for 3 downs and now you must kick to us. 

On the other hand, as far as they are concerned,  we are in 4 down territory from our own 15. 

Dawgs are always in 4 down territory.  Went for it from inside our own 10 against Wimberley.  In 2013 title game against kilgore went for it inside our own 20,  and made it.  Learned a long time ago not to question the mad scientist,  else I could get wacked upside the head and all them rings leave some deep bruises.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Dawgs are always in 4 down territory.  Went for it from inside our own 10 against Wimberley.  In 2013 title game against kilgore went for it inside our own 20,  and made it.  Learned a long time ago not to question the mad scientist,  else I could get wacked upside the head and all them rings leave some deep bruises.

We went for it on 4th and forever inside our own 20 in the 2016 title game against Abilene Wylie and converted it too. 
When we lined up on 4th down inside our own 10 last week I didn’t bat an eye. 

When we didn’t make it zero eyes batted then either. I think the defense this year gives SS that much more confidence in going for it all the time.

HA!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We went for it on 4th and forever inside our own 20 in the 2016 title game against Abilene Wylie and converted it too. 
When we lined up on 4th down inside our own 10 last week I didn’t bat an eye. 

When we didn’t make it zero eyes batted then either. I think the defense this year gives SS that much more confidence in going for it all the time.

HA!

With that defense I would go for it every time. By far the best defense in all of 4a

• Like 1

My gut tells me Gilmer gets lots of penalties tomorrow compared to Carthage......some in key situations.  If Gilmer can play clean, that will help immensely.  Haven't watched either team enough this season to form any basis beyond Carthage is favored and has the best D.  But it's only one game......so anything can happen.