Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Carthage would boat race Argyle. Nothing Argyle could do on offense. They might score 21 points. Maybe. Probably more like 14. Carthage would put up a 50 piece. Just worry about beating Lindale. You know a team that Gilmer already beat this season. Hope Jenkins and Lindale run over Argyle. Don’t think it would happen, but would oove to see it.

Another cloud-eyed East Texas rah-rah Carthage worshipper. Everybody agrees Carthage has a great program these past 10 yrs......but so does Argyle and La Vega.  There ARE some teams that are highly competitive in 4A besides just Carthage.......believe it or not.  Many years you just cannot measure the different regions against each other because they are in different regions.  There's some quality teams down in Region 4 now in 4A.  Who's to say how those matchups would pan out if Carthage was to play one of those teams?  

Just now, Everide2016 said:

Poor Gilmer.  Got to be a long halftime when you know there's nothing you can discuss that's going to change anything.

I really thought Gilmer would make it a closer game. At least a little more. Who knows, it is 2020.

Just now, regaleagle said:

Another cloud-eyed East Texas rah-rah Carthage worshipper. Everybody agrees Carthage has a great program these past 10 yrs......but so does Argyle and La Vega.  There ARE some teams that are highly competitive in 4A besides just Carthage.......believe it or not.  Many years you just cannot measure the different regions against each other because they are in different regions.  There's some quality teams down in Region 4 now in 4A.  Who's to say how those matchups would pan out if Carthage was to play one of those teams?  

Sorry/not sorry, but Carthage is about to win their 8th state championship since 2008-09 season. Argyle and La Vega aren’t close to touching that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

So would Argyle vs Aledo........Argyle has defeated many quality 5A's thru the years in predistrict.  In fact.....never lost to a 5A school yet!

We’re just talking opinions, and we all have’em.   If your opinion is correct that Argyle vs Aledo would be a great game, then Aledo wants no part of Carthage, imo.   But it’s fun to speculate.

12 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

You are crazy dude. Like I said Carthage would run Argyle out of the stadium in the 1st half.

8 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Ouch. Ingram has had injury issues and this Texas team has not been as good as previous iterations. I think Ingram could have had more favorable situations. I also don’t love the Texas coaches obsession with running Ehlinger 99% of plays. But yea he hasn’t had as good a career as I’d have hoped for him there. 

My thoughts exactly. 

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

You are crazy dude. Like I said Carthage would run Argyle out if the stadium in the 1st half.

Just keep thinking that......I guess it will give you good sleep at night.  Doesn't bother me in the least.  I'm a Argyle homer thru and thru and very proud to be one.  Nothing you or anyone else can say will change that.....end of story. AND I'm not a Carthage hater.......I'm a realist. I love Texas High School football.

Just now, regaleagle said:

Just keep thinking that......I guess it will give you good sleep at night.  Doesn't bother me in the least.  I'm a Argyle homer thru and thru and very proud to be one.  Nothing you or anyone else can say will change that.....end of story. AND I'm not a Carthage hater.......I'm a realist. I love Texas High School football.

And we are just giving you our realistic opinion of what we believe would happen. You the one that snapped about it. You are nuts dude.

3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

You are bipolar. You don’t know what you’re talking about. You have been talking crazy all day. Just worry about Argyle beating Lindale before you worry about them beating Carthage. Have a nice day.

Just now, BulldogBacker12 said:

You are bipolar. You don’t know what your talking about. You have been talking crazy all day. Just worry about Argyle beating Lindale before you worry about them beating Carthage. Have a nice day.

I think it started the day Shiner played. Maybe Regal has been drunk ever since.

• LOL! 1