Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

I know Gilmer fans are hurting, but I'd like to hear some of their comments on this game. Nothing to be ashamed of. Gilmer is a great team or they wouldn't have made it this far. The Bucks just ran into a buzzsaw today. It just so happen to have been in the state championship game. A lot of teams envy what y'all have accomplished this season.

funny to read comments by a bunch of haters and johnny come lately's.  carthage is in another class from any 4-a teams, including argyle.  d-2 title had better teams than d-1 this year.  the difference is surratt.  he makes great players.  i sat and watched how long it too for surratt and carthage to get the respect they deserved.  think it may have had something to do with not being in the favored part of the state.  his teams are getting better every year so you can figure the future out.  tepper finally became a believer after he got burned again last year.  get used to this for about 5 more years.  i would expect argyle to win this next game unless surratt gets on the sideline to help his brother who is lindale superentendant.  

52 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

When you win as much as Carthage does, you don’t have to recruit players. They move in on their own. 

This is the type of #### that people previously said about Gilmer when Jeff Traylor was there. We would always say that there is no recruiting, but kids do see quality programs and families move to cities with quality programs. It's Texas, football matters. That isn't illegal or recruiting, it is what happens to good programs. South Lake Carrol back in the day, happened all the time there. People moving to Dallas area would move there just because of Football. Let haters hate, but great job Carthage. And when you have the best High School football coach in the state, you can also win with kids that others would lose with. Not taking anything from the players, but there are many teams in East Texas with amazing athletes, but don't win. Coaching goes a long way as does a tradition of wining. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TCU44 said:

I would not be shocked if it’s Gilmer vs Carthage in the state game next year.

TCU I might actually agree with you on that.  Idk what all Gilmer has coming back and I know that Tennison ended up having a rough day over all, but if you look at the rest of the season he really is a good QB who is also a dynamic runner typically. This Carthage defense was just on an entirely different level than anyone else this year.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, j-hawks said:

This is the type of #### that people previously said about Gilmer when Jeff Traylor was there. We would always say that there is no recruiting, but kids do see quality programs and families move to cities with quality programs. It's Texas, football matters. That isn't illegal or recruiting, it is what happens to good programs. South Lake Carrol back in the day, happened all the time there. People moving to Dallas area would move there just because of Football. Let haters hate, but great job Carthage. And when you have the best High School football coach in the state, you can also win with kids that others would lose with. Not taking anything from the players, but there are many teams in East Texas with amazing athletes, but don't win. Coaching goes a long way as does a tradition of wining. 

I remember those days and I am glad to say I was not one of those people crying "recruiting" and #### like that.  It's just what happens when you build a dynasty.  

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

My mistake then. First time I’ve seen it. And I’ve watched every game. Guess I just missed those plays 

Only reason I remember it is because the Texan live horrible announcers kept joking about how it's always counted as a forward pass

Congratulations to the Buckeyes on a great season. Playing in the State Championship is nothing to be ashamed of. Great season and a great 1st year for Coach Metzel. 

The day UIL announced realignment, every person in the state of Texas who knew anything about HS football knew who was going to win 4A DII. Carthage is just an all together different monster.  Really, Aledo and Carthage are the two best programs in the entire state. The players graduate and move on, but the program just keeps rolling along. Congratulations to Carthage and coach Surratt.

Again.

For the 8th time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Congratulations to the Buckeyes on a great season. Playing in the State Championship is nothing to be ashamed of. Great season and a great 1st year for Coach Metzel. 

The day UIL announced realignment, every person in the state of Texas who knew anything about HS football knew who was going to win 4A DII. Carthage is just an all together different monster.  Really, Aledo and Carthage are the two best programs in the entire state. The players graduate and move on, but the program just keeps rolling along. Congratulations to Carthage and coach Surratt.

Again.

For the 8th time. 

Awesome post...👌😋

• Like 1