Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

7 hours ago, TCU44 said:

All right I’ll ask again! Could Carthage win 5A-D2? Anyone thinks that Argyle can hang with them are dreaming!

Could Carthage win 5A-D2 —yes, by getting a few breaks in a couple of games.  
Would they win 5A-D2 ——probably not.....Lack one good offensive lineman with bulk and one good defensive lineman with bulk, for me to say they would be the favorite.  

Honestly I lost some respect for coach surratt today. I kinda figured we would get beat pretty. But I’ve seen a lot of football and I’ve never personally seen an blatantly purposeful attempt to run up the score and embarrass a team than surratt did in the fourth quarter today. 

• Roll Eyes 2
  • Stinks 1

2 minutes ago, SalVulcano said:

Honestly I lost some respect for coach surratt today. I kinda figured we would get beat pretty. But I’ve seen a lot of football and I’ve never personally seen an blatantly purposeful attempt to run up the score and embarrass a team than surratt did in the fourth quarter today. 

You mean when he put the backups in with 11:00 left to play in the game?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, SalVulcano said:

No mercy rules in your 6th playoff game. Especially for Gilmer, they've thrown up some big numbers on folks over the years. 

11 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

You mean when he put the backups in with 11:00 left to play in the game?

They played one drive with the starters and that was the last one. Also they ran a trick and were throwing 30-40 yd  bombs up by 40+ points then didn’t kick the field goal on fourth down up by 49. I have no problem with them scoring. It’s how they did it not what they did. 

16 minutes ago, SalVulcano said:

Honestly, I bet he will have trouble sleeping tonight knowing you lost some respect for him.

Youve never seen anyone purposefully run up the score?

He had the whole offense come off the field at 11:00 and made a showing of it. Should he have told the backups to go lay down? This kind of #### right here is ridiculous. Maybe you should give him your number so he can call you to find out when it’s appropriate to let off the gas and not hurt anyone’s feelings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SalVulcano said:

They played one drive with the starters and that was the last one. Also they ran a trick and were throwing 30-40 yd  bombs up by 40+ points then didn’t kick the field goal on fourth down up by 49. I have no problem with them scoring. It’s how they did it not what they did. 

Backups played all but one minute of the 4th quarter.  Backups got into the endzone too.  I'm sure I could find some intersting Bux scores to complain about from the past but it's not worth my time.  Better luck next time.  Congrats on a great season.  Only lost 2 games all year and both were to the Dawgs. ✌🏻

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SalVulcano said:

Really? He pulled the starters with 11 minutes left in the state championship game. Called a timeout to do it. What else could he do? He puked the starter with 11 minutes left! Didn’t throw a pass in the 4th quarter. The 2’s ran the clock out in the 4th and scored a TD running the ball. What are they supposed to do?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Backups played all but one minute of the 4th quarter.  Backups got into the endzone too.  Better luck next time.  Congrats on a great season.  Only lost 2 games all year and both were to the Dawgs. ✌🏻

They played on offense the whole 4th. Carthage was on defense the 1st minute. Never threw a pass. Don’t really know what this guy is talking about. The score got out of hand. But I’m not sure how to keep it from happening the way the game went.

• Like 1

Just now, BulldogBacker12 said:

They played on offense the whole 4th. Carthage was on defense the 1st minute. Never threw a pass. Don’t really know what this guy is talking about. The score got out of hand. But I’m not sure how to keep it from happening the way the game went.

I guess take a knee for 11:00?

14 minutes ago, SalVulcano said:

You need to go back and watch the game. The starters played zero drives in the 4th quarter. What was the trick play? Only trick plays we ran was the QB throwback early in the game. That is not the way it went down. Hopefully you recorded it. But to each their own. I guess it’s all about perspective. Doubt Surratt is worried about what anybody thinks. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I guess take a knee for 11:00?

It was still 63-14!! Lmao. What is he supposed to do? And this guy cannot be a Gilmer fan. As much as Gilmer has been accused of running up the score over the years, no way a real Gilmer fan would be complaining about this. They know how it goes. Sometimes you the hammer, sometimes you are the nail.

31 minutes ago, SalVulcano said:

He could have hung 100 on Gilmer if he really wanted to. He isn’t the kind of guy who does things like that, but, it is what it is I guess. 
On a side note, I ain’t mad at Gilmer anymore for that beating at Lobo back in ‘14,; That score is settled now, in my opinion!👌😋

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

It was still 63-14!! Lmao. What is he supposed to do? And this guy cannot be a Gilmer fan. As much as Gilmer has been accused of running up the score over the years, no way a real Gilmer fan would be complaining about this. They know how it goes. Sometimes you the hammer, sometimes you are the nail.

This^^^^

1 hour ago, SalVulcano said:

Run up the score? Stop'em then. Even the backups scored a td. lol

I salute the bulldogs they flexed their muscle today. As a competitor all u want is a chance to fight for a championship, my bux have nothing to hold their head down about. How many teams or kids can say they got to compete for a state championship not many. My bux proved that we still are one of the top programs in the state once again I salute them dawgs but if ur not from Carthage ur team still ain’t on our level lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SalVulcano said:

You have no clue😂Everything you said is wrong. Quit being a crybaby. 

To the guy who said Surratt ran up the score, the Gilmer coach told and showed his kids they didn’t have a chance to win this game. The reason I say this is the 2 onside kicks to start the game. No doubt through watching film you thought you could get them with an onside kick. But in my mind that’s telling the kids we’re going to have to take chances and do unsound things to win this game. Even though Gilmer didn’t give up points on the 1st kick and scored on the 2nd kick to me it’s still sending the message we’re gonna have to trick em to beat em. Just my thoughts but in the end I think it pizzed Carthage off and they got going!! I think they just scored again.

1 hour ago, michaelmyers said:

You have no clue😂Everything you said is wrong. Quit being a crybaby. 

The guy needs to rewatch the game. Carthage starters did not play on offense 1 snap in the 4th quarter. He is talking about the 4th quarter where the backups ran the ball and ran the clock out without throwing 1 pass. Yea, they scored a TD. But you cannot expect them to just kneel it out. Those kids practiced and participated all year. You cannot tell them not to score. Scored 7 points in the 4th and was trying to run up the score. Smh. Thank you for having some sense and calling this guy out.

6 hours ago, randomuser said:

To the guy who said Surratt ran up the score, the Gilmer coach told and showed his kids they didn’t have a chance to win this game. The reason I say this is the 2 onside kicks to start the game. No doubt through watching film you thought you could get them with an onside kick. But in my mind that’s telling the kids we’re going to have to take chances and do unsound things to win this game. Even though Gilmer didn’t give up points on the 1st kick and scored on the 2nd kick to me it’s still sending the message we’re gonna have to trick em to beat em. Just my thoughts but in the end I think it pizzed Carthage off and they got going!! I think they just scored again.

What? That was the only way they would have a chance. If it wasn't for that, they never would have scored. I was shocked they didn't onside kicks it a second time.