Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

8 hours ago, SalVulcano said:

Honestly I lost some respect for coach surratt today. I kinda figured we would get beat pretty. But I’ve seen a lot of football and I’ve never personally seen an blatantly purposeful attempt to run up the score and embarrass a team than surratt did in the fourth quarter today. 

Pants dropped, prepare for shart blast. 

6 hours ago, randomuser said:

To the guy who said Surratt ran up the score, the Gilmer coach told and showed his kids they didn’t have a chance to win this game. The reason I say this is the 2 onside kicks to start the game. No doubt through watching film you thought you could get them with an onside kick. But in my mind that’s telling the kids we’re going to have to take chances and do unsound things to win this game. Even though Gilmer didn’t give up points on the 1st kick and scored on the 2nd kick to me it’s still sending the message we’re gonna have to trick em to beat em. Just my thoughts but in the end I think it pizzed Carthage off and they got going!! I think they just scored again.

I do agree that It lit a fire under the Carthage sideline, but I personally loved the aggressive calls and plan from Metzel to start with the onside kicks. They got up 14 on the Bulldogs really quick, which no one else did all year. But then Carthage flipped it on and said goodbye. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SalVulcano said:

Honestly I lost some respect for coach surratt today. I kinda figured we would get beat pretty. But I’ve seen a lot of football and I’ve never personally seen an blatantly purposeful attempt to run up the score and embarrass a team than surratt did in the fourth quarter today. 

DUDE, he took the starters out with 11 minutes left in the game and they’d already begun to run the ball heavily (almost exclusively) when they were scoring their last three or four touchdowns.

9 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Yep.  Moving along.  Great season.  Already ready for the next one.

I am excited to see what our offense will look like with some “new” faces in very key positions. 

Roquemore isn’t a new face, but he’ll be a new starter. 

So glad Wade and Hatten return. Dang near the entire defense, good Lord we praise you!! HA!

10 hours ago, SalVulcano said:

You never watched Gilmer under Traylor then.  They ran the score up on many teams.  Honestly, I liked seeing it happen to them and their fans

On 12/16/2020 at 9:08 AM, cotton84 said:

I look for a similar game plan and execution on offense as the LaVega game last year ---- Little B and Coach E. has the offensive line ready for their best game of the year blocking, mainly run blocking, and the RB position getting 25-30 carries for 200+ yards...…...…..I am guessing they weren't totally happy with last weeks line play, and it will be night and day this week

Pretty much nailed it.

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

I do agree that It lit a fire under the Carthage sideline, but I personally loved the aggressive calls and plan from Metzel to start with the onside kicks. They got up 14 on the Bulldogs really quick, which no one else did all year. But then Carthage flipped it on and said goodbye. 

I agree Metzel did right by coming out guns blazing.

I also agree it sends a message to your team you know you’re outmanned, but I mean, they had already been beaten 42-14 by the same team earlier in the year. So, they knew it was going to be difficult.

Now, the high stepping down the sideline and such probably not very wise just like saying in the pep rally Gilmer is going to rock Carthage’s world. Not wise.

GHS did rock our world for about five minutes of game time and we must give them credit for that. 
Gilmer does have good players too, there’s no doubt about that.

4 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man let’s face it nobody was beating Carthage this yr nobody. We can get in here talking bout if this and if that the fact that matters is they are the best for a reason. 

Thanks, and we can give credit to Gilmer for starting the game with their hair on fire and bringing the fight to Carthage! Y’all had the Dawg defense on their heals for a few minutes and NO ONE has done that all year. 
it was a great season for the Buckeyes and y’all can say the only team you lost to were the champs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Thanks, and we can give credit to Gilmer for starting the game with their hair on fire and bringing the fight to Carthage! Y’all had the Dawg defense on their heals for a few minutes and NO ONE has done that all year. 
it was a great season for the Buckeyes and y’all can say the only team you lost to were the champs.

Fact you can’t hold ur head on getting beat by Carthage twice one thing for sure there aren’t to many programs better than Gilmers and I would argue with anyone on that. What other program can stay they have lost the amount of coaches we have and still do what we do. I will never hang my head down when jumping off the porch and getting beat by the big DAWGS

1 minute ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Fact you can’t hold ur head on getting beat by Carthage twice one thing for sure there aren’t to many programs better than Gilmers and I would argue with anyone on that. What other program can stay they have lost the amount of coaches we have and still do what we do. I will never hang my head down when jumping off the porch and getting beat by the big DAWGS

Exactly! That is consistency right there, despite such major changes like head coaches and some staff over the years. Just a good talent pool and program over all. 

7 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

The guy needs to rewatch the game. Carthage starters did not play on offense 1 snap in the 4th quarter. He is talking about the 4th quarter where the backups ran the ball and ran the clock out without throwing 1 pass. Yea, they scored a TD. But you cannot expect them to just kneel it out. Those kids practiced and participated all year. You cannot tell them not to score. Scored 7 points in the 4th and was trying to run up the score. Smh. Thank you for having some sense and calling this guy out.

Yeah that dudes a clown! You are right about everything you said. Yeah we hung 70 on them but did it with CLASS!!!!!!! It would of been 100-14 if the starters stayed in. SS is the Master but I want to give a big shout out to Coach Preston defense coach!!! Best defense I’ve ever seen. Like I said earlier In the week reminded me of the Navasota defense in 2012!! They just make good teams look bad!!! Go Dawgs!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

#Respect. 💪🤨

40 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Yeah that dudes a clown! You are right about everything you said. Yeah we hung 70 on them but did it with CLASS!!!!!!! It would of been 100-14 if the starters stayed in. SS is the Master but I want to give a big shout out to Coach Preston defense coach!!! Best defense I’ve ever seen. Like I said earlier In the week reminded me of the Navasota defense in 2012!! They just make good teams look bad!!! Go Dawgs!!!!!!

That’s right, this year’s defense was just filthy nasty!

15 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Could next years Carthage D be better than this year with the amount returning?

Some Carthage posters here on SDC have stated the defense will be better next year.

If it is it makes me think we could be in for a little different style football out of the Bulldogs next season.