Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

59 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I don’t think Little B has named his starting QB for 2021 yet.  Has at least  2 QB’s with a lot of potential. 

Agree. We won’t know who the starter is until next year. The JV QB was very good. We saw what Rocquemore did when he got to play. He looked good. Will be a competition for sure.

18 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I’ve watched a lot of teams and I’ve seen the Martin kid from PG and others but man this kid just is something different he plays the pass can rush the QB can defend the run plays on special teams lol 

He’ll play well beyond High School. He flies to the ball on every play...

12 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

Why do more Carthage kids not go on and play college ball?  Do they not make their grades or do they just want to hang around Carthage?  Seriously they have 5 or 6 each year that could.

I wish I knew the answer to that question; I have ideas, but nothing more.

24 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

Why do more Carthage kids not go on and play college ball?  Do they not make their grades or do they just want to hang around Carthage?  Seriously they have 5 or 6 each year that could.

Some are great 4A players but colleges aren’t interested for height or speed.  
Probably the best blocker for Carthage in the last 14 years, if not the best at least top 5, is only roughly 5’10”.  Most colleges would love to have his skills if he was 6’2” or more.  

On 12/18/2020 at 3:28 PM, DB2point0 said:

You reckon they would play it at Royce City?

Be great if they wanted too, but my feelings is they would want Jerry World...or maybe Globe Life.  Seems that new stadium is getting a lot of playoffs this season. But without a doubt, anybody will get the best treatment playing at Donaghe Ford Field at RCISD Stadium! 

9 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Did any of you guys see this picture?  I mean what the heck was the Principal thinking?

017F4B04-6AF5-4BB4-A94A-566610B4FD6A.png

Yeah, I saw that stupid 💩 some genius in Gilmer took a minute to try to be funny at Carthage’s expense; “Who d’ Dummy, Now?.....😂😂😂

#KARMA!!!!

Edited by CarthDawg77

2 hours ago, micotrav said:

Be great if they wanted too, but my feelings is they would want Jerry World...or maybe Globe Life.  Seems that new stadium is getting a lot of playoffs this season. But without a doubt, anybody will get the best treatment playing at Donaghe Ford Field at RCISD Stadium! 

We know 

4 hours ago, cotton84 said:

When I was walking out of the Carthage and Jasper game, 2 men from WOS were spouting off that Carthage would be thru after the 4th round beating they were going to get.
Lucky Carthage.  

Their fans are still saying if they were healthy against China Spring that they would’ve won that game, and then gave Carthage all they want. We are damn lucky they weren’t healthy against China Spring or Carthage wouldn’t have even been at Jerry World yesterday. Carthage gets all the breaks. Surratt’s got that rabbit’s foot.

2 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Their fans are still saying if they were healthy against China Spring that they would’ve won that game, and then gave Carthage all they want. We are damn lucky they weren’t healthy against China Spring or Carthage wouldn’t have even been at Jerry World yesterday. Carthage gets all the breaks. Surratt’s got that rabbit’s foot.

I don’t know ‘bout any of that, but I Do Know Surratt has got Gilmer’s Number...🤨😜

9 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Did any of you guys see this picture?  I mean what the heck was the Principal thinking?

017F4B04-6AF5-4BB4-A94A-566610B4FD6A.png

Wish Carthage would’ve busted 100 after seeing this.  Gilmer has always annoyed me.  Their posters here used to be the most arrogant, but that has tempered some with their coming back down to reality.  

Yeah, that sign’s message is pretty bad. You’d never think you’d see something like that displayed in the hallways of a high school about another high school.

MAYBE, just maybe it was taped up there, the picture taken and then the sign immediately taken down before any teacher or authority figure saw it. 
Y’all think we can go with that or are you afraid that’s simply too much to hope for?