Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

CarthDawg77

State Championship  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

Gilmer has had a wonderful season and definitely deserves to be here even over expectations that they probably wouldn't get this far because of PG...the only problem is Carthage awaits them...every so often in THSFB, a team completely dominates a classification from wire to wire and its not even close...I have seen SLC/Katy/GPNS/Aledo/ODP/Lewisville/La Marque do this over the last few decades....this is one of those years...I really don't think it will be close...give me Carthage by 21+

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

If you are attending 2-3 games at ATT it will cost you $20 to park and $20 for EACH game.  Yes...  $40 for your first game then $20 for each game afterwards.  Not to mention $25 nachos and a $10 drink

There’s nothing right about that at all; Jerry Jones is one greedy individual. He preys on the middle class

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I believe this has a lot more to do with COVID protocols than greed.

Yes, it has everything to do with COVID protocols.  The UIL said that the other reason for separate tickets was to give fans from each school an opportunity to get a ticket...earlier in the year when they opened the season at AT&T, if you didn't get a ticket for both games you missed out because they were limited...there were many Longview fans who couldn't get a ticket or had to buy bulk ticket set of 6 even if they only needed 1-3...

• Like 2

Last year Waco LV was a good team but they ran into an excellent Carthage team. I see the same thing this year. A good Gilmer team will be playing an excellent Carthage team once again. I don’t see the outcome being any different than the first meeting between these two teams. Carthage just makes good teams not look so good. Offensive MVP will be Courtney or Horton and MVP on defense will be the one and only Kip Lewis. Go Dawgs!!!!

• Like 2

Guest Tiger03lb
23 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

The UIL press release said they are not selling any passes this year so they are clearing after each game

Thank you sir. Guess they are getting some money out of me this year. Lol

I have read several places on how much Gilmer has improved since the first time we played. I guess they think Carthage has maintained the same level throughout the season. Our defense is giving up an average of 7 points a game and playing tough right now, defense is what wins the big games! I give the much improved Gilmer team 21 and Carthage 42. I would be surprised if they only limited Gilmer to 14 points or less, we should win unless the wheels fall completely off. Surratt has to get a few things lined out from last game, but we should be in good shape going into this game. It is nice to see so many East Texas teams still playing, too bad someone from East Texas has to lose this game. Go Dawgs!! 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

The UIL press release said they are not selling any passes this year so they are clearing after each game

Thursday games 2a-3a will be an all day pass. It's just the 4a games that will have to be bought separately. Tickets can be bought at gate on Thursday, I don't know for Friday's.