Texas High v Crosby

bordertown

On 12/13/2020 at 4:41 PM, Ace said:

The Crosby fans and other posters over on SETXSports seem to be very confident about Crosby's chances in the match up with Texas High, who they say is "overhyped".   They observe that the T-High offensive line is "massive, but slow" and allow pressure on the quarterback.   All predictions so far are for a Crosby victory.   I see predictions like 42-21, 42-28 and Crosby by 14.  

Was Crosby QB legit?

• LOL! 1

Surprised at this score. I thought Texas High was poised to make a run. But overall good season. 11-1 is back to where Texas High should be. Coach Stanford seems to be building that program back up his way. Last 3 years improved from 3-7 to 7-5 to 11-1. Looks like things are on the up and up. Kids will start going back to Texas High now that they are back winning. Might hurt PG and LE (I think?) a little bit, but it will be good for the Tigers. Great season TH. Hope to see you guys keep building. 

32 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

Tigers were looking past little ole Crosby.  Crosby took them to the woodshed!!   Tigers are a good team!  Just weren’t ready for Branch and Co. 

I don’t really think that.    We didn’t have the secondary to stay with them.  They were just better.  When u say we were overlooking them I don’t think that is giving them their proper respect 

1 hour ago, THSfanatic said:

I don’t really think that.    We didn’t have the secondary to stay with them.  They were just better.  When u say we were overlooking them I don’t think that is giving them their proper respect 

I guess I say that because my team, Nederland, beat Crosby.    

Texas High is a fantastic football team!  I really thought it would have been a lot closer. 

From viewing THS all season I felt like the cornerbacks were our biggest weakness on defense.  The left corner got torched for three or four passes by not playing his responsibility.  The Tigers could not run the ball effectively.  The OL did decent against the pass rush but got almost nothing on run plays.  #13, the sophomore running back ran fairly well in the second half.  Crosby's two backfield mates are really good and their offensive scheme is tailor made for their abilities.  They spread out the defense and attack the spaces that are created and then its one on one.  Also, some of their plays are not really trick plays but they are designed and executed to give the quarterback or running back an extra option where you would expect it the least.  The Tiger defense had not seen anything like it ever and never really figured it out.  There were plays that they just did not plain know where to line up.  The offensive line had too many false starts that occurred on first downs after changes in possession.  Its not a tricky offense but definitely a bit unconventional.

This was a game that THS could have won.  They were stopped on a couple of 4th down plays and a few passes were behind of just plain off which was out of character for our quarterback.  But in his defense, overall, he played well and did what he was able to do in a game that was a lot faster than he had seen.  We put op 42 points just by throwing the ball and their defense was on our receivers like white on rice and they still made the plays with very few drops.

I like Crosby but I don't think that they can win state.  They are going to run up against a team that will be able to run the ball and exploit their defense even better than Texas High did and they have lost three games so I feel like there is someone in their future who will play defense against them a lot better than THS did.  We did get a few turnovers but that did not help much.  That will kill them.

Texas High has nothing to be ashamed of.  They have a player or two that need attitude adjustments.  I spoke to a couple of L.E. athletes (not on the Leopard football team) who stated that they were glad that the Tigers lost because of all of the smack talking leading up to the game by the Tigers.  I realize that talk goes both ways but hopefully our guys learn a lesson from this season because they have an opportunity to have a good season next year.  I saw a lot of after the whistle trash by THS that they did not get flagged for this season.  They are not a dirty team (neither is L.E. for that matter), but they have to grow up and mature.

Can't wait for August!!!

Longview Lobos, go out and win another championship!!!

• Like 3

On 12/19/2020 at 11:50 PM, SiriusDogon7 said:

From viewing THS all season I felt like the cornerbacks were our biggest weakness on defense.  The left corner got torched for three or four passes by not playing his responsibility.  The Tigers could not run the ball effectively.  The OL did decent against the pass rush but got almost nothing on run plays.  #13, the sophomore running back ran fairly well in the second half.  Crosby's two backfield mates are really good and their offensive scheme is tailor made for their abilities.  They spread out the defense and attack the spaces that are created and then its one on one.  Also, some of their plays are not really trick plays but they are designed and executed to give the quarterback or running back an extra option where you would expect it the least.  The Tiger defense had not seen anything like it ever and never really figured it out.  There were plays that they just did not plain know where to line up.  The offensive line had too many false starts that occurred on first downs after changes in possession.  Its not a tricky offense but definitely a bit unconventional.

This was a game that THS could have won.  They were stopped on a couple of 4th down plays and a few passes were behind of just plain off which was out of character for our quarterback.  But in his defense, overall, he played well and did what he was able to do in a game that was a lot faster than he had seen.  We put op 42 points just by throwing the ball and their defense was on our receivers like white on rice and they still made the plays with very few drops.

I like Crosby but I don't think that they can win state.  They are going to run up against a team that will be able to run the ball and exploit their defense even better than Texas High did and they have lost three games so I feel like there is someone in their future who will play defense against them a lot better than THS did.  We did get a few turnovers but that did not help much.  That will kill them.

Texas High has nothing to be ashamed of.  They have a player or two that need attitude adjustments.  I spoke to a couple of L.E. athletes (not on the Leopard football team) who stated that they were glad that the Tigers lost because of all of the smack talking leading up to the game by the Tigers.  I realize that talk goes both ways but hopefully our guys learn a lesson from this season because they have an opportunity to have a good season next year.  I saw a lot of after the whistle trash by THS that they did not get flagged for this season.  They are not a dirty team (neither is L.E. for that matter), but they have to grow up and mature.

Can't wait for August!!!

Longview Lobos, go out and win another championship!!!

THS only chances of beating Crosby was to come into the game and establish a solid running game against them. Without effectively doing that, the passing game wouldn't have been enough against their secondary that surprisingly didn't get an INT this game because they have been really effective in intercepting the ball this season. Nederland's ability to run the ball opened up the pass for their offense. That and the mistake of not switching Dunn to QB that game cost them that night. 

The game was 62 - 28 at one point , 28-0 before THS even scored once so how could you say THS could have won a game that was out of reach mid-way the 2nd qtr? Crosby answered every score that THS scored and never allowed them within 2 TDs of them. THS defensive line inability to disrupt the QB like they've done all season forced their CBs to have to chase speedy WRs all game long and THS CBs were manhandled by Crosby's WRs when it came to blocking down field. Crosby offensive and defensive style of play frustrated Texas High all night long.