Texas High v Crosby

bordertown

On 12/21/2020 at 9:22 AM, Cougar239 said:

THS only chances of beating Crosby was to come into the game and establish a solid running game against them. Without effectively doing that, the passing game wouldn't have been enough against their secondary that surprisingly didn't get an INT this game because they have been really effective in intercepting the ball this season. Nederland's ability to run the ball opened up the pass for their offense. That and the mistake of not switching Dunn to QB that game cost them that night. 

The game was 62 - 28 at one point , 28-0 before THS even scored once so how could you say THS could have won a game that was out of reach mid-way the 2nd qtr? Crosby answered every score that THS scored and never allowed them within 2 TDs of them. THS defensive line inability to disrupt the QB like they've done all season forced their CBs to have to chase speedy WRs all game long and THS CBs were manhandled by Crosby's WRs when it came to blocking down field. Crosby offensive and defensive style of play frustrated Texas High all night long. 

Some of the things that haunted THS were things that Crosby had nothing to do with such as consecutive false starts and things of that nature.  Like I stated before, the way that Crosby runs their offense calls for the defense to be especially disciplined, especially on the corners.  Our defensive backs, mainly the cornerbacks were not a factor at all in the game.  My opinion all season was that the cornerbacks were going to be the downfall of the team eventually.  Crosby in not going anywhere near a championship giving up 455 yards to the pass alone.  You have your opinion and I respect that but I am not the only one in attendance who feels like this was not a winnable game for THS even if Crosby is the better team, which they are.  The better team does not always win the game and your team's recent history should of losses this season should tell you that.  Good luck in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Some of the things that haunted THS were things that Crosby had nothing to do with such as consecutive false starts and things of that nature.  Like I stated before, the way that Crosby runs their offense calls for the defense to be especially disciplined, especially on the corners.  Our defensive backs, mainly the cornerbacks were not a factor at all in the game.  My opinion all season was that the cornerbacks were going to be the downfall of the team eventually.  Crosby in not going anywhere near a championship giving up 455 yards to the pass alone.  You have your opinion and I respect that but I am not the only one in attendance who feels like this was not a winnable game for THS even if Crosby is the better team, which they are.  The better team does not always win the game and your team's recent history should of losses this season should tell you that.  Good luck in the playoffs.

Crosby lost two games.  One to a top 5 team in 5a D1. The other to a very good Nederland team with a superior game plan.  Not sure Nederland could beat Crosby again.  

Crosby is the better team.  THS was completely overrated.  12-5a is a really good district.  3 teams 2 games deep, 2 games 3 games deep.  

Okay, newbie, you are so stupid and even though your team was has been in the playoffs in recent years, you personally are not accustomed to success.  If your team loses a game, then you lost to the best.  If you lose then that team that beat you was good but probably could not do it again.  If your team wins then the teams that you beat were overrated or they played in weak districts.  In case you did not know, at least up here in Northeast Texas, we have to play teams that are in our immediate geographical areas.  We have not choice in who comprises our district.  By the way, I am not ashamed of any of the teams that are in our district.  You always have a warped rationale that you try to use to justify whatever your opinion is.  After the game, I spoke with one of your offensive linemen, the one that got a leg injured (slightly, I hope he plays Friday).  I wished him the best and he said that he thought that Texas High is a good team.  Because of him I really hope that they win state.  As for you, I am done with this thread and you can stick any of you following opinions in your anal opening.

On 12/23/2020 at 10:10 AM, SiriusDogon7 said:

I watched 4 Texas High games prior to their matchup versus Crosby and neither of those teams matched what Crosby would bring to TxHigh. Lake Creek gave them trouble for a while but they lacked the athleticism on offense to make big plays. IMO, TxHigh opponents seemed intimidated by them with exception of Lake Creek. TxHigh defensive line disguised how vulnerable the DBs were because they pressed QBs all season. Crosby had 2 elusive QBs that could extend plays forcing y'all DBs to have to really cover. I knew that would be exposed vs Crosby. 

You say Crosby won't go anywhere near a state championship but they will be playing another winnable game this Saturday against Huntsville in rd 3 of 6 (which if my math serves me correctly,  a 3rd rd win puts them on the better half of a state run.) Assuming they win vs Huntsville, Nederland and/or FB Marshall are winnable opponents as well. That my friend would put them in the semis. I listen to Txkgameday.com leading up to the game and TxHigh coach, players and affiliates all thought they would be advancing deep into the playoffs and were stunned.  

On 12/23/2020 at 2:53 PM, dme1111 said:

Crosby lost two games.  One to a top 5 team in 5a D1. The other to a very good Nederland team with a superior game plan.  Not sure Nederland could beat Crosby again.  

Crosby is the better team.  THS was completely overrated.  12-5a is a really good district.  3 teams 2 games deep, 2 games 3 games deep.  

Completely over rated! It showed too. They over hyped them so much that the T High kids wanted to fight. I counted at least 3 different incidents. It #### getting the wind knocked out your sails ⛵ and the other team keeps pouring it on. 

5 hours ago, Cougar239 said:

Completely over rated! It showed too. They over hyped them so much that the T High kids wanted to fight. I counted at least 3 different incidents. It #### getting the wind knocked out your sails ⛵ and the other team keeps pouring it on. 

I have said the entire thread the better team won.   Texas High didn't rate themselves so the continual references of over-hyped and over-rated are kinda silly.  Your beef is with Dave Campbell's or whatever rating service put them there.  

And for the record 1 did see 1 instance where a Texas High player tried to "fight" as you say. That being said I watched 10 games this year and I could point to players on both teams in every game that were "chippy" or over aggresive.  

I gave Crosby all the props and credit for winning this game. They WERE the better team.   The fact that this thread is even still going is in itself silly.

Guest Cougar14
On 12/12/2020 at 11:55 AM, bordertown said:

The teams will clash on Friday 12-18 at SFA. I believe the game will be live-streamed on Texarkana Gameday.  I have no knowledge on Crosby. They come into the game with a 66-0 win over Willowridge. If you have read my posts in the past, I am reserved in forecasting the outcome of games. However, this week I will deviate from my past practice. I believe the Tigers will win by at least 21 points. I have read some that believe it will be a struggle. I hope the players adopt that point of view. While I believe the defense came to play, it felt as though the offense thought it would be easy against Lake Creek.

The rationale for my prediction is based on a computer ranking system - Calpreps.com.  I put little stock in the program for the first 7 weeks of a season. But deeper into the season, their algorithms seem to reveal truths. They currently rank Texas High #5 in 5A Div 2 and Crosby #20 out of approximately 130 schools. Crosby shellacked a #79 ranked school in Willowridge. As a point of reference, Hallsville is ranked #83. Yes, I understand the computers do not play the games except on EA Sports.

If the Tigers do not look beyond Crosby to a potential matchup with Huntsville, I believe they will prevail by three touchdowns.

Man, wish I could've responded to this in real time. Would've laid out some of the information that showed why people were so confident in Crosby handling Texas High on the other site. This prediction makes it seem like you felt Texas High was near the same level as Manvel who we played earlier this year? I also see where you said Crosby hasn't see a D-Line like TH's, after playing them I would put them at #4 or 5 on Crosby's schedule. Crosby had their best game of the season on the ground against TH, 352 yards at 11ypc. After lining up against y'all my view after the game is that TH probably would've been battling PNG for 4th place in 12-5A-D2. Huntsville's defense was in a different stratosphere compared to TH's who was down 62-28 in the 4th when we got off the gas.