4A D1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Lindale vs Argyle

Jakeelee05

State Championship  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 01:00 AM

8 minutes ago, Crapola said:

Has Argyle played against any DI running backs this season? Looking at specs on this Jenkins from Lindale. Reminds me of Will Clay from Snyder back in 07-08. 

He's waaaay more talented than Clay was.......this  guy is a definite next-level star on Saturdays.

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle doesn't have a player on the roster at the level of either one of these two players, but has quite a few with next level offers.  CJ Rogers was recently offered by South Fla.......the Bulls.  

Hey Reagle, you might wanna go buy that bottle of Scotch since that Football genius TCU44 just picked your team to win....😂😂

Just now, CarthDawg77 said:

Hey Reagle, you might wanna go buy that bottle of Scotch since that Football genius TCU44 just picked your team to win....😂😂

Win or lose........I'm just very happy to see my Eagles back at Jerryworld with another chance at a title.  I think Coach Rodgers and his staff will come up  with a good plan to contain Jenkins as much as possible.  Then it will be up  to the Argyle offense vs the Lindale defense to determine how this game goes.  One thing is for certain.......Argyle will have to score on a majority of its possessions to win.  Or at least 50% of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Or go find as many old SC game films that you can from ‘98-2010 and send TCU44 a care package.  😂

In those days.....Argyle had only been to the Big Dance once against Newton in 2A back in 2005.  It wasn't until 2011 that they finally made it again against Wimberley.  That day our QB Austin Aune played with the flu and a temp. of 102......Ian Sadler went down in the first quarter with an ACL.  That's what can happen in any game, but it happened to Argyle in the SC title game against Wimberley and made all the difference in the result.

I'm very happy for the Lindale faithful.......these two schools have never met in any sport to my knowledge.  Just a word of caution about Argyle at Jerryworld.......there is a "cultish" fanbase that follows them around the Metroplex because they are winners.  Should make for even more excitement because I know that Lindale will have the coattails of all of East Texas behind them.  This will be a BIG GAME for sure!!!

8 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I'm very happy for the Lindale faithful.......these two schools have never met in any sport to my knowledge.  Just a word of caution about Argyle at Jerryworld.......there is a "cultish" fanbase that follows them around the Metroplex because they are winners.  Should make for even more excitement because I know that Lindale will have the coattails of all of East Texas behind them.  This will be a BIG GAME for sure!!!

It will be even more of a BIG GAME atmosphere with Carthage vs Gilmer playing in the early game on Friday.  It will be East Texas against the Metroplex fanbase.......this will be a fantastic atmosphere for this game.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

I was extremely impressed with #4 Jaymond Jackson at DE.......he was all over the field on defense. This guy also looks to be a next level star in the future.......he has the frame and tools to be very very good.

Jaymond is also a D1 player. He has several offers

7 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Jaymond is also a D1 player. He has several offers

Yeah.......you can easily see he has what they all want.  Argyle has 6 players that are seniors on the roster with D 1 offers so far......and a few others that have offers at the smaller schools.  There is another one......he's a D-back #13 Murdock and committed already to A&M in the pole vault.  But that's not for football.

Here's the D-1 player breakdowns by position:

QB, Center, Right Tackle, RB, WR, TE.......so far.  Some with other offers are still kinda waiting to see if something better materializes.  And all of these are seniors this season.  This is for football only.  I'm not including another WR Cash Walker in this mix because I have not heard anything yet.......but I just gotta think he's on the list to be offered by a D-1 school also.

The drop to 4A has definitely agreed with Lindale. I believe they are the largest 4A team in the state by 5 students (?) 

Still.... this is clearly a generational team in Lindale regardless of classification. NOTE: In 2004 A.P.  (after Petersen), Palestine dropped to 4A from 5A. Made the semi-finals. Interesting, no? 

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

The drop to 4A has definitely agreed with Lindale. I believe they are the largest 4A team in the state by 5 students (?) 

Still.... this is clearly a generational team in Lindale regardless of classification. NOTE: In 2004 A.P.  (after Petersen), Palestine dropped to 4A from 5A. Made the semi-finals. Interesting, no? 

When was Palestine 5a?

10 minutes ago, wtxfootball said:

Argyle by 14-21. Lindale will make it a game for a couple quarters though. I don’t see Lindale being better than Melissa, LA Vega, or Paris. They lost to Gilmer, who argyle would destroy. 

Damn

17 minutes ago, VonG said:

Damn

I mean it’s true sorry. I’m not trying to please some right wing snowflakes from lindale so they can #### it up and take a beating like a lot of schools have. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong. But I think I’ll be hungry after the argyle lindale game. 

• Roll Eyes 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1