4A D1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Lindale vs Argyle

Jakeelee05

State Championship  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 01:00 AM

45 minutes ago, wtxfootball said:

Argyle by 14-21. Lindale will make it a game for a couple quarters though. I don’t see Lindale being better than Melissa, LA Vega, or Paris. They lost to Gilmer, who argyle would destroy. 

Lot of folks didn't see Lindale being better than LBJ either, but here they are.

• LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

Lot of folks didn't see Lindale being better than LBJ either, but here they are.

I did. I had lindale vs argyle after watching LBJ vs Miller, i was right seeing Lindale squeak by. I like lindale more than LBJ but they got lucky. They are worse than argyle. You must think Carthage will lose too next weekend right? Or are you an east Texas homer? 

• Stinks 1

3 hours ago, wtxfootball said:

Who’s the right wing snowflake who gave me the ultimate thumbs down?? That will show me hahaha. I’m now sad and will delete my account lmao . Why are right wingers such little girls?

Trump voters are snowflakes? 🤣🤣

Anything you say is null and void with your hammer and sickle logo. Feel free to bring your communist @$$ to the game on Friday and talk that cash money in some East Texas white people’s faces... but you won’t. Internet message board tough guy of the year nominee right here. ^^^

Regarding the game- Against overwhelming odds, Lindale wins a tight one. Why? Because there is no single greater source of motivation in the entire world than folks lining up to tell other people what they can’t do. In this particular case, I feel like it was written.

• Like 2

The good thing about this game is Argyle will not be playing the homer east Texas fans. After the schedule Argyle has gone through this year, no one has proved to be better than them. This ain’t LBJ, I hope Lindale can bring it cause them Eagle from Argyle will definitely be ready for a fight. Argyle by 21

• Thumbs Down 1

Congratulations to both on getting there … I have no dog in this hunt - and have seen both in person - Lindale early and Argyle late - but my main interest is in the logistics … will be interesting to watch … especially Argyle on defense … in the fairly recent past, Argyle has been synonymous with the 10-1 Special … recently they have moved more into the Iowa State model – which is very similar, but with softened edges … it would not surprise me, based on what was shown vs LBJ yardage wise, if Argyle moves back to the 10-1 Special for this one (and I don't ever remember seeing them in what I call the "Celina Double", but it could be possibility justified in certain situations). Good luck to both – and everybody stay safe on the road and the field. Take it all in – it's a special experience.

P.S. - Lindale better batten down their hatches early - in the nine games I have seen on video, Argyle opened the game in seven of them with two to three moonshots on their first plays of the game ... many were successful strikes ... 

5 hours ago, wtxfootball said:

Any right wing little girls always have to block me or I prove them wrong easily and make them look like idiots which they are. Maybe one old white racist from nowhere Texas can challenge me. 

I pooped on you once. Would have #### on you again but I’m out of “reactions” for the day. The Honcho will return and with an upset tummy. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 2

5 hours ago, wtxfootball said:

Any right wing little girls always have to block me or I prove them wrong easily and make them look like idiots which they are. Maybe one old white racist from nowhere Texas can challenge me. 

Sensitive much?

• Like 2

If Lindale's offensive line can "break even" with A's defensive line and Lindale's defensive line can have a slight advantage over A's offensive line, then this should be one heckuva ballgame...………..Lindale's RB needs a chance to get started going downhill, then he will be really effective...…….A's passing game with a good QB and good WR's will be too much for Lindale if Lindale's d-line can't get some pressure 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

If Lindale's offensive line can "break even" with A's defensive line and Lindale's defensive line can have a slight advantage over A's offensive line, then this should be one heckuva ballgame...………..Lindale's RB needs a chance to get started going downhill, then he will be really effective...…….A's passing game with a good QB and good WR's will be too much for Lindale if Lindale's d-line can't get some pressure 

#4 for Lindale is a handful off the edge. I expect he will get some extra attention this week from Argyle with Tackle & TE.

Whichever team wins the toss will take the ball......deferring to the 2nd half is just not an option in this game.  The game will be played indoors........this current Argyle roster has never played a game indoors yet.  They will be faster and play better in these conditions......but so will Lindale.  This will be a high-scoring game, IMHO.  The score for the winning team should exceed 42 pts.  I don't see either defense being able to consistently stop the opponent's offense.......there's just too much quality on offense for both teams.

It appears execution on offense will become a major factor in this game.  Looks to me like both teams are very good at execution.  Both teams have good quarterbacks.  Both teams have a balanced attack.  Lindale is more run-heavy and depends on their 4-star RB Jenkins to give them a more effective passing attack. Argyle likes to use their multiple-receiving corps passing attack to make their run game more effective.  Both teams can move the chains, no problemo.

Both teams can score quickly and have big-play threats on offense.  Jenkins has proven he doesn't need much space to break into the open field. He's also very tough to bring down by one defender.  Byce is similar......just not at the same level.  Both have breakaway speed but Jenkins is faster.  Argyle's receivers are better as a group than Lindale's........and CJ Rogers is more accurate with a cannon arm.  Lindale gets the nod in the running game and Argyle gets the nod in the passing game.  But both teams have balanced attacks.

Argyle has won the turnover battle all season.......they are plus 43 now.  They create turnovers and block kicks better than any other 4A team......that's what the stats show.  Ball control will become essential for Lindale moreso than Argyle.  I think Argyle can score more quickly than Lindale at any given time during the contest.

I  think Peterson at QB for Lindale is a definite threat running the football moreso than CJ for Argyle.  CJ can run......he has speed in the open field and moves......but it's just not part of the offense for Argyle like it is for Lindale.  This will cause some problems for the Argyle D for sure.

30 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Whichever team wins the toss will take the ball......deferring to the 2nd half is just not an option in this game.  The game will be played indoors........this current Argyle roster has never played a game indoors yet.  They will be faster and play better in these conditions......but so will Lindale.  This will be a high-scoring game, IMHO.  The score for the winning team should exceed 42 pts.  I don't see either defense being able to consistently stop the opponent's offense.......there's just too much quality on offense for both teams.

They do however practice indoors.

52 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

#4 for Lindale is a handful off the edge. I expect he will get some extra attention this week from Argyle with Tackle & TE.

He also has good hands and is definitely a threat catching the ball on offense. He's big, tall, and has great body control.  He represents a problem for the Argyle secondary......a physical mismatch.

3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

He also has good hands and is definitely a threat catching the ball on offense. He's big, tall, and has great body control.  He represents a problem for the Argyle secondary......a physical mismatch.

Argyle has a very similar player that plays both ways in Jasper Lott.  He's a physical mismatch too with great hands and body control.  He's also a tough man to deal with when he plays D.  He's made lots of big plays on defense for Argyle this season.  On offense, Argyle uses him to protect CJ and lead the RB's in the run game.  Jasper Lott probably gets the least recognition for the most important role on the entire Argyle offense.

Argyle will force Lindale's defense to blitz to get to CJ.  At times this will work for Lindale, but it will also allow the Argyle receivers to be open for CJ.  If Lindale doesn't blitz, the Argyle big O-line can give CJ enough time to find the open receiver.  This is a major problem in defending against the Argyle passing attack.  Damned if you do, and damned if you don't......your D can get burned sometimes.  

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

It was 4A back then now 5A. Palestine was in 5A (4A then) forever. The drop in 2004 was first time in modern times they dropped from second highest classification 

I know what you were saying but they was never 5a the highest classification. That's why I asked. I knew they were in the second highest classification at that time being 4a.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SDCAVEMAN said:

Just an observation.  Common opponent.  Lindale 32 Kaufman 27 won it in the 4th Q.  Argyle 48 Kaufman 7 subs were in after the half.

This is true but that was also Lindale’s first game of the season. They are a completely different team now. 

• Like 1