4A D1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Lindale vs Argyle

Jakeelee05

State Championship  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 01:00 AM

The Litmus Test for teams going into a State Championship battle is recent game history and overall health.  Any injuries to key players for either team can have a big impact on the result......and depth could also play a major role if an injury occurs during the game to a key player.

Both schools have plenty of players on varsity. Argyle typically plays lots of players at different positions and teams, but in this game that could change.  All that matters is this  one game......there is no tomorrow.  So both teams will do whatever is in their best interest to win this game......without hesitation or regard.

15 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Lindale needs to use up big chunks of the clock on long drives. If they have as many mistakes as last night, Argyle will take advantage and score. Will have to play near perfect football for Lindale to win. But it could happen 

Really it wasn't Lindale that made that many mistakes it was LBJ that made most of the mistakes, and you are correct that Lindale needs to use up big chunks of the clock on long drives.

30 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Really it wasn't Lindale that made that many mistakes it was LBJ that made most of the mistakes, and you are correct that Lindale needs to use up big chunks of the clock on long drives.

Lindale had several fumbles. Was it 3? 1 on offense and 1 on special teams and maybe 1 other.  But yes, LBJ had a ridiculous amount of penalty yards. And a very questionable 4th down call to go for it at the end of the game. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Lindale had several fumbles. Was it 3? 1 on offense and 1 on special teams and maybe 1 other.  But yes, LBJ had a ridiculous amount of penalty yards. And a very questionable 4th down call to go for it at the end of the game. 

Yea 2 on offense and one punt was fumbled

6 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Yea 2 on offense and one punt was fumbled

Thanks, thought maybe I was going crazy. Haha. My point was that if you give Argyle those quick chances they will score. LBJ didn't on all of them I don't think. Argyle is very well coached and doesn't make many mistakes. Lindale needs to play darn near perfect and control the pace of the game. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Thanks, thought maybe I was going crazy. Haha. My point was that if you give Argyle those quick chances they will score. LBJ didn't on all of them I don't think. Argyle is very well coached and doesn't make many mistakes. Lindale needs to play darn near perfect and control the pace of the game. 

I agree...lindale gave up 3 touchdowns to lbj in the 2nd quarter and i think 2 of those where from lindale  fumbling the ball over. Other than that lindales defense  held tbem to 1 score in the first quarter. Lindale shut them out in the second half. I know we cant afford to turn tbe ball over at this week

it will be a great game with 2 classy programs and coaches! so excited to watch my nephew 29! argyle. i think lindale will be tough though❤️

If I was part of the Argyle coaching staff, I would be very impressed with how well Peterson directs the offense.  He stands at 6-5 and runs very well.  His speed is deceptively fast because his stride is so long. He can pick up receivers and hit them in stride while on the run.  He makes decisions quickly and gets his passes off quickly and on target.  I would rate Peterson as one of the best qb's overall that Argyle will face.  He carries out fakes consistently.......doesn't seem like much but to the secondary it's just enough to cause some hesitation. In other words.......he does everything well that you ask of a quarterback. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Acewell said:

Will this game be broadcast on TV or will I have to stream it?

FoxSportsSouthwest (FSSW) has the rights to all of the playoff games each year.  Just depends on which TV provider you have whether you can get FSSW nowadays.  If you have cable or AT&T.....should be no problemo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

FoxSportsSouthwest (FSSW) has the rights to all of the playoff games each year.  Just depends on which TV provider you have whether you can get FSSW nowadays.  If you have cable or AT&T.....should be no problemo.

If you are getting FSSW now, then you will get all the games each day on FSSW.

4 hours ago, Guest sarah said:

it will be a great game with 2 classy programs and coaches! so excited to watch my nephew 29! argyle. i think lindale will be tough though❤️

That kid is my favorite player on the team (no, I’m not related). It makes me insane he doesn’t get more recognition for his hard work and contributions to the team. Can’t wait to watch him play on Friday. 

1 minute ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Just wondering but has anyone heard anything on Jenkins? He looked like he was limping pretty bad at the end of the LBJ game

I imagine he had to have been completely exhausted physically and mentally after that one. I hope he is 100% by game time, Lindale is absolutely going to need all he's got to make this one interesting!