4A D1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Lindale vs Argyle

Jakeelee05

State Championship  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 01:00 AM

11 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I imagine he had to have been completely exhausted physically and mentally after that one. I hope he is 100% by game time, Lindale is absolutely going to need all he's got to make this one interesting!

Agreed. He’s the engine that makes this team run

I'm certain that many of the Argyle faithful can empathize deeply with the juxtaposition that the Lindale Eagles have thrust themselves into.....LOL.  I'm in my easy chair now almost shedding a tear for them, but the Argyle Eagles have a mission to fulfill this season.  Unfortunately for Lindale and their fans, this mission will be carried out with fierce resolve to secure the State Championship football title in 4A Division 1  this Friday evening.......even if it requires scoring 70 pts to do it.        It's been 6 years of heartache and heartbreak for the Argyle faithful, their players  and coaches since Argyle last won a SC title in football.......there will be no empathy or sympathy from Argyle on the gridiron of glory come Friday night for the Lindale Eagles.  

53 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I'm certain that many of the Argyle faithful can empathize deeply with the juxtaposition that the Lindale Eagles have thrust themselves into.....LOL.  I'm in my easy chair now almost shedding a tear for them, but the Argyle Eagles have a mission to fulfill this season.  Unfortunately for Lindale and their fans, this mission will be carried out with fierce resolve to secure the State Championship football title in 4A Division 1  this Friday evening.......even if it requires scoring 70 pts to do it.        It's been 6 years of heartache and heartbreak for the Argyle faithful, their players  and coaches since Argyle last won a SC title in football.......there will be no empathy from Argyle on the gridiron of glory come Friday night for the Lindale Eagles.  

Reagle - tell Rodgers if the game is on the line he can only send 11 out on defense.  🤷‍♂️

You know, I was just reminded about a running back, similar to Jenkins, who quite literally put the team on his back and nearly carried them to a state championship.  He had some ridiculous numbers at Jerry World like over 50 carries and 221 yds.  That running back was Nick Ralston from Argyle.  So Argyle needs to keep in mind and be reminded that one player can make the difference in a win or a loss.

Just now, SDCAVEMAN said:

You know, I was just reminded about a running back, similar to Jenkins, who quite literally put the team on his back and nearly carried them to a state championship.  He had some ridiculous numbers at Jerry World like over 50 carries and 221 yds.  That running back was Nick Ralston from Argyle.  So Argyle needs to keep in mind and be reminded that one player can make the difference in a win or a loss.

I'm quite sure that Coach Rodgers is fully aware of that fact and may even bring it up to his players this week.  He hasn't forgotten......esp. since it was his son that was the qb that year(2014).  That was the year of the missed call at the goal line with no replay instituted yet.......but it was that play specifically that led the UIL to institute instant replay in certain circumstances in the Texas High School State Championship games. The very next year instant replay became a viable alternative for the officials in the SC games in Texas.

22 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Reagle - tell Rodgers if the game is on the line he can only send 11 out on defense.  🤷‍♂️

He didn't do that.......the DC did it without his knowledge, and by the time he discovered what happened it was too late. Bad enough the first time......but twice in a row in those circumstances was just too much for anyone to accept. Made it much easier for La Vega to score with less than a minute left on the clock......the blunder of all blunders.  What a nightmare to have to live with.  And what can you say to your team......how do you ever apologize for such a thing, Huh?

See what I mean, folks???   We are talking major league heartache and heartbreak here in Argyle.......and the above are only two examples......there have been more!  How about that rainy cold night against La Vega when Argyle was scoring 50 pts a game but the rain never stopped?  What chance does a predominantly passing offense have against a powerful running attack in those conditions in the biggest showdown of the season?  Just bad luck and heartache. I can name some more, but why relive past miseries.

29 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

He didn't do that.......the DC did it without his knowledge, and by the time he discovered what happened it was too late. Bad enough the first time......but twice in a row in those circumstances was just too much for anyone to accept. Made it much easier for La Vega to score with less than a minute left on the clock......the blunder of all blunders.  What a nightmare to have to live with.  And what can you say to your team......how do you ever apologize for such a thing, Huh?

If the game is close in the 4th and the DC is calling plays I bet Rodgers is counting helmets!

28 minutes ago, LindalePride2002 said:

Then there was that time in 2020 when Argyle went undefeated all season long just to get beat by the undersized Lindale Eagles in the state championship. Its a movie in the making 😅🤣

Hey it could happen!

It absolutely can happen and I know Lindale is going to bring it with all they got. I will be rooting for them.  Just don't ask me to bet my paycheck on the game.  😬

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LindalePride2002 said:

Then there was that time in 2020 when Argyle went undefeated all season long just to get beat by the undersized Lindale Eagles in the state championship. Its a movie in the making 😅🤣

Hey it could happen!

After last weeks comeback...I will never count them out. Those kids don’t quit. 

They may or may not be the best team on the field Friday, but one thing is for sure...they will leave everything they have on the field at AT&T Stadium this Friday. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

After last weeks comeback...I will never count them out. Those kids don’t quit. 

They may or may not be the best team on the field Friday, but one thing is for sure...they will leave everything they have on the field at AT&T Stadium this Friday. 

They dont have to be the best team...they just have to be the best team Friday night...I am most definitely rooting for them...just keep believing!!!.. that dang football bounces funny ways sometimes...best of luck

• Like 2

16 hours ago, regaleagle said:

It’s terrible