4A D1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Lindale vs Argyle

Jakeelee05

State Championship  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 01:00 AM

I betcha he didn't even mention green tea, lemon, and honey once in the morning and once at bedtime with all of those other immune fighters.  I do vitamin D-3 2500 i.u. daily, 1000 mg vitamin C daily, 45 mg zinc daily, 1000 mg garlic gelcap daily, and then the green tea in the morning and one hour before lights out. Been doing this since March.  Go buy the Sambucus Elderberry gelcaps for the zinc......I think it also has vitamin C and some tocopherols in it too.  No, I think they are chewable......they taste good.....kinda like a gummy.

37 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Truly Cinderella story. Argyle is the obvious favorite but really hoping lindale pulls off the upset. 

Not really if you look at their record.  Lindale does have a 4-star RB, a good stable of receivers, and a good throwing and running QB on offense.  They have some big guys on the lines and have managed to work in the best players on defense as the season progressed to battle for the victories......depending on their offense to score lots of points in many games to get the wins.  This is NOT Cinderella.......it's the basis of a good team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Not really if you look at their record.  Lindale does have a 4-star RB, a good stable of receivers, and a good throwing and running QB on offense.  They have some big guys on the lines and have managed to work in the best players on defense as the season progressed to battle for the victories......depending on their offense to score lots of points in many games to get the wins.  This is NOT Cinderella.......it's the basis of a good team.

You bought that Glenfiddich yet?😜

3 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

You bought that Glenfiddich yet?😜

I gave up booze at least 10 yrs ago.......and don't drink many sodas anymore either.  Still enjoy a beer or two occasionally.......and like root beer with my whataburgers and sometimes a rootbeer float.  Don't even like whataburgers anymore.......I like the Freddy's steakburgers better.  Or somebody else's true hamburgers.

• Like 1

IF you look at Argyle's season......their track record for winning is to get the halftime lead and come out in the 2nd half with a big third quarter.  Lindale's track record is to fight to the finish and stay within striking distance the whole game.  Not sure how many 2 TD leads Lindale has had this year......probably against the lesser competition.  Did they jump out to a 2 td lead against any really good teams this season and maintain that margin???

On 12/14/2020 at 3:25 PM, LindalePride2002 said:

Then there was that time in 2020 when Argyle went undefeated all season long just to get beat by the undersized Lindale Eagles in the state championship. Its a movie in the making 😅🤣

Hey it could happen!

It’s going to take a lot more than a locker room slow clap to win it for Lindale 🤪

On 12/14/2020 at 2:38 PM, regaleagle said:

I'm quite sure that Coach Rodgers is fully aware of that fact and may even bring it up to his players this week.  He hasn't forgotten......esp. since it was his son that was the qb that year(2014).  That was the year of the missed call at the goal line with no replay instituted yet.......but it was that play specifically that led the UIL to institute instant replay in certain circumstances in the Texas High School State Championship games. The very next year instant replay became a viable alternative for the officials in the SC games in Texas.

I seem to remember it more as the year we had a HC kid at QB that had absolutely no business playing that position and it’s what cost us the game. All they had to do was hand it to Ralston one more time to avoid the OT debacle. 

5 minutes ago, tartar said:

I seem to remember it more as the year we had a HC kid at QB that had absolutely no business playing that position and it’s what cost us the game. All they had to do was hand it to Ralston one more time to avoid the OT debacle. 

that's how I remember it too.  Just give it to Ralston and punt......let your D hold em off for the last minute in their own end.  Argyle has a good kicking game and kicking teams every season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

IF you look at Argyle's season......their track record for winning is to get the halftime lead and come out in the 2nd half with a big third quarter.  Lindale's track record is to fight to the finish and stay within striking distance the whole game.  Not sure how many 2 TD leads Lindale has had this year......probably against the lesser competition.  Did they jump out to a 2 td lead against any really good teams this season and maintain that margin???

Not necessarily. They have beat some really good teams though. Kilgore twice, LBJ, Needville were all really good. Palestine was very athletic but that game got out of hand rather quickly. 

Lindale isn't flashy. They are a good, hard nosed football team. They pride themselves on playing with unbelievable effort for 4 quarters. They have made a believer out of me. They may or may not win, but they will give it all they have.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

The first game of the Championships kicks at 2 pm today on FSSW for the 6-man D-1 game.  The 6-,man D-2 game starting at 7 pm has been postponed due to Covid.  

Triple header tomorrow on Thursday, then the two 4-A games on Friday.  Jerryworld will seem empty this season compared to past seasons........but actually according to past history, the 4A games typically host around 17,000. I remember in 2013 when Argyle won it.......that year there were in excess of 20,000 watching that game against Fairfield.......over 25,000 in the 4th quarter because Denton Guyer was coming up next.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Triple header tomorrow on Thursday, then the two 4-A games on Friday.  Jerryworld will seem empty this season compared to past seasons........but actually according to past history, the 4A games typically host around 17,000. I remember in 2013 when Argyle won it.......that year there were in excess of 20,000 watching that game against Fairfield.......over 25,000 in the 4th quarter because Denton Guyer was coming up next.

The Fri night game will likely be max capacity with 5A & 6A playing in Jan.

Yeah......there won't be any 5A and 6A fans this season......esp. since on Friday night at that time their teams will still be playing in the  area rounds this season.  But with the limited seating anyway.......should still be enough fans to make it an exciting atmosphere at Jerryworld.  Certainly better than watching those Pro football games on TV this season, Huh?  Nobody in the stands and just fan noise injected in the stadium........totally ridiculous if you ask me.

26 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

The first game of the Championships kicks at 2 pm today on FSSW for the 6-man D-1 game.  The 6-,man D-2 game starting at 7 pm has been postponed due to Covid.  

The 6 man Div 2 game was scheduled for 11:00 but was postponed...………..Mart and Windthorst  is the 7:00 game

Just now, cotton84 said:

The 6 man Div 2 game was scheduled for 11:00 but was cancelled...………..Mart and Windthorst  is the 7:00 game

Just now, cotton84 said:

The 6 man Div 2 game was scheduled for 11:00 but was cancelled...………..Mart and Windthorst  is the 7:00 game

Okay......good deal.  I was wondering when the first 2A game was gonna be played.  They rearranged the schedule and just dropped the early game off the schedule this week.  

9 hours ago, tartar said: